Page 63 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Concert Stars
    I still think it is ridiculous for Blake to force that Cassadee Pope girl to go country when she is clearly a pop singer and never intended to go country. Pretty crazy.

I just don't see anyone from the Voice doing well.
    Marie2011 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I still think it is ridiculous for Blake to force that Cassadee Pope girl to go country when she is clearly a pop singer and never intended to go country. Pretty crazy.

I just don't see anyone from the Voice doing well.
    It's not like Blake is holding a gun to Cassadee's head and forcing her to sing country lol. I think Cassadee just wants to be famous, so she is willing to take whatever opportunities become available. She gave interviews after the show claiming she was pop/rock, yet there she is claiming she wants to sing country. The issue is with her, not Blake.

Concert Stars
    This week's spoilers: American Idol 12 Top 4 Song Spoilers | American Idol, American Idol 12 | mjsbigblog

Be warned...some of the choices aren't that great IMO.
    JB172 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    This week's spoilers: American Idol 12 Top 4 Song Spoilers | American Idol, American Idol 12 | mjsbigblog

Well this should be interesting... I do like how the divided up the duos though. It might not be what many people have expected.

Concert Stars
    The Angie duet will slay so hard.

Concert Stars
    There is talk about "what if the new judges want to stay" on The Voice.

(this is why you don't "take a break" Xina! Everyone is replaceable.

It does poss an interesting delema.
    The show is doing quite well with them, and the fan reaction has apparently been very good.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

well ain't that the truth
    some of those choices..ugh

seems the save is dead for this year
    American Idol: Judges? Save Expired: ?Contingency? Plan Will Extend Season 12 - TVLine

now what the heck are they gonna do?Obviously a non elimination week but how will they contrive it?

ETA: Kree is singing A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum.
    another country song for the country girl,lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think that this week would have to be the non elimination week, if they don't do it this week then they look like the are manipulating who they want in the finale by not eliminating someone during next week's Top 3 week.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Amber's glorious one week wonder song selection makes me so happy.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Amber's glorious one week wonder song selection makes me so happy.
    I hope that's sarcasm, Jim lol.
    Both of her choices are awful this week, and may very well set her back with voters. Now, of course the judges will over-praise her and act like she is incredibly current despite the fact that she has done only two songs in the entire competition from the last ten years .

Candice's picks are solid. I particularly like her personal choice song. It will be interesting to see how she interprets that one. Angie made solid choices this week as well. Her one hit wonder song is an unexpected choice. Kree is clearly lining up a career as a bluesy country artist with her song choices both this week and in previous weeks. I don't think either of the songs this week will give Kree a "moment" though, which could set her up to go home before the finale. However, I don't have a problem with her picking songs that aren't country. Just because she's labeled as the country girl doesn't mean she should narrow her scope to country tunes. I have to wonder if the type of country she wants to sing isn't cleared for the show. She has cited Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn as idols in the past, so perhaps their songs aren't on the list the Idols are given.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I hope that's sarcasm, Jim lol.
    Both of her choices are awful this week, and may very well set her back with voters. Now, of course the judges will over-praise her and act like she is incredibly current despite the fact that she has done only two songs in the entire competition from the last ten years .

Candice's picks are solid. I particularly like her personal choice song. It will be interesting to see how she interprets that one. Angie made solid choices this week as well. Her one hit wonder song is an unexpected choice. Kree is clearly lining up a career as a bluesy country artist with her song choices both this week and in previous weeks. I don't think either of the songs this week will give Kree a "moment" though, which could set her up to go home before the finale. However, I don't have a problem with her picking songs that aren't country. Just because she's labeled as the country girl doesn't mean she should narrow her scope to country tunes. I have to wonder if the type of country she wants to sing isn't cleared for the show. She has cited Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn as idols in the past, so perhaps their songs aren't on the list the Idols are given.
    The only thing that would make one of the worst songs ever written in the history of music being sung tomorrow is if Lazaro was still on the show and he was doing it. lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Wow! I wonder if this report is true... I like the idea of making Jimmy an actual judge... he kind of is already anyway.

Yahoo!

Carrie Guru
    Bye bye Amber ; Looking at the song choice, I can say Bye bye Amber ha..ha.ha..ha..
    maddkat likes this.

Concert Stars
    Lets not be too hasty now.
    I am not thrilled with her choices either, but another contestant who sang McArther Park went on to be the winner and Biggest Idol ever!!
    jimshoe likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I am not thrilled with her choices either, but another contestant who sang McArther Park went on to be the winner and Biggest Idol ever!!
    don't even
    if Carrie was a 10 (and she was/is) ,I'm sorry but Amber is like a 5.5

I just don't understand Amber's choices.She could pick any song ( thats on the approved list) and she chooses Power of Love? Really. And then McArthur Park? I have to question her taste in music and who she wants to be after the show.It seems she just wants to sing these big ballads with no for thought as to why.
    Hil and supercarriefan like this.

Concert Stars
    Hollie Sang Power of LOVe. She did a nice full bodied version in the studio.
    She was top 4 when she left the show.

Its hard to say; someone else may have to have a pretty off night. But if Amber manages to have a breakthrough with her perfomance level, she can really nail both of these songs.

They are perrenials "because" people like them. IF you nail the emotion (drama) of each, you can really make an impression. Both melodies are quite strong.

Problem is, they are overdramatic by nature and you have to meet that level of intensity.

I'm wishing Amber luck.

IF I had to send someone home before her it would be Angie.

IF I had to guess who would go home before her it would be Kree.

Kree has to start singing for her life.

Concert Stars
    And it is still the worst song ever written.
    Hil, JB172, supercarriefan and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    don't even
    if Carrie was a 10 (and she was/is) ,I'm sorry but Amber is like a 5.5

I just don't understand Amber's choices.She could pick any song ( thats on the approved list) and she chooses Power of Love? Really. And then McArthur Park? I have to question her taste in music and who she wants to be after the show.It seems she just wants to sing these big ballads with no for thought as to why.
    I totally agree with you, and I am just playing devils advocate here. I really am trying to figure out why she would have chosen these songs, and "if" they just might help her get to the next week.

The one way I see them doing it is this: Just like when Carrie sang some "extremely cheesy" songs in her season "Making LOve out of Nothing at all" " Could've Been" "Hello Young Lovers" "Love is a Battlefield" "McArtur Park"......
    What they also did was give America a strong melody and a strong vocal ability so that in the end it is memorable and well sung.

They were extremely daring choices considering how "chessy" those songs are looked upon in mainstream music.

But Carrie seemed to inharently know one thing. Sing a song that is unexpected but immediately recognizable. And Nail IT!!!!!

If Amber can do that, she may be saved.

I can't say I am particularly impressed with any other song choices of the night.

HErs are the most "daring" if you consider that they can either be Great! OR they can completly Flop!

Concert Stars
    I totally agree with you, and I am just playing devils advocate here. I really am trying to figure out why she would have chosen these songs, and "if" they just might help her get to the next week.

The one way I see them doing it is this: Just like when Carrie sang some "extremely cheesy" songs in her season "Making LOve out of Nothing at all" " Could've Been" "Hello Young Lovers" "Love is a Battlefield" "McArtur Park"......
    What they also did was give America a strong melody and a strong vocal ability so that in the end it is memorable and well sung.

They were extremely daring choices considering how "chessy" those songs are looked upon in mainstream music.

But Carrie seemed to inharently know one thing. Sing a song that is unexpected but immediately recognizable. And Nail IT!!!!!

If Amber can do that, she may be saved.

I can't say I am particularly impressed with any other song choices of the night.

HErs are the most "daring" if you consider that they can either be Great! OR they can completly Flop!
    I don't think "mainstream" music looks at Love Is A Battlefield or Making Love out of Nothing At all as cheesy in any manner. And Hello Young Lovers was on show tune night, so I doubt Mainstream music looks on that song as any more cheesy than any of the other songs performed that night. Love Is A Battlefield was a #5 hit, Making Love hit #2. If that's cheesy, I reckon a lot of folks would long to have cheesy.

And who are these "mainstream" music folks you are speaking for?

The majority of song choices on Idol are usually pretty terrible. Sometimes there's a few good ones, but they are usually the exception. It makes me wonder why shows like The Voice can get license to do much better songs, but Idol apparently can't? Surely if they had some better songs on the list of approved songs, some of the contestants would choose them, right?

I'm interested to see how Kree does on "Rumour Has It". I can't picture her performing that one.
    pklongbeach likes this.

•