Page 62 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    It looked good until Kree arrived who already has a lot of connections in Nashville and who (from the looks of it) will have an album out well before Cassadee.

My money is on Judith Hill no matter how long/short she lasts in the competition.
    If the fall release date that is floating around is true I wonder why it is taking so long for Cassadee's album to come out.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    If the fall release date that is floating around is true I wonder why it is taking so long for Cassadee's album to come out.
    Well in an interview with Whitney Allen she said that SB and team were making sure that all the support and everything was in place before the album came out. So maybe they are planning some big promo behind her debut?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Because even though it was expected that Idol's ratings would drop just because of the age of the show, I don't think that anyone thought that it could fall so far so fast and a big reason is because the Voice is doing so well. So in that sense it is killing Idol.

I definitely agree, that's why I'm saying that it's extremely important for Idol to have a successful winner this year because that's all they have over The Voice. Can you imagine, they do all this manipulation to make sure they have a female winner and she isn't successful after the show?

As far as the contestants on The Voice, it's just a matter of time before they get a good one who becomes successful.

It definitely is and I love it. The addition of Shakira and Usher this year is the best thing that could have happened to The Voice. Although Idol isn't as much about the judges, imao it's panel of judges are playing a big role in the downslide of the show's ratings.
    Agreed. Idol is at a disadvantage with the Voice in that Voice is popular with no expectation of having a successful contestant.
    The show itself works. People have endreared themselves to the judges and to the process. So as long as it continues to do what it is doing, it will be fine. If Adam left, it might have a problem. I doubt if Blake leaves anyone will care.

But with Idol, the constant changing of judges and the campaignng that Judges have done every season now, makes it very different than it used to be. But the basic premise of the show remains the same.
    Make a Star.
    Its a much heavier burden.
    And the jduges are not working either.
    The women hating eachother, and KEiths lack of conviction in his critiques make the whole thig off balanced.

I agree that they really need someone to hit big ths year.
    The show itself is feeling off balanced and with no successful winner it is hard to pin any hopes on the success of the show.
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    I don't know any winner of the Voice --isn't that terrible ?..ha..ha..ha..

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    You're not alone. Then again, I don't watch it. I tried, but simply do not like the show.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    No, because the people who actually watch The Voice probably can't remember the winners either. lol.

Just an fyi.... it's not because the contestants aren't talented, it's just that The Voice has been concentrating on being a TV show rather than supporting their winners. I suspect that will change now that they've surpassed Idol in the ratings.

Junior Carrie Follower
    i LOVE shakira, i dont care bout usher, but i think its the chemistry between the judges that is a biiiig reason for the shows success. tbh i watch the show more to see what jokes the judges will pull on each other lol adam is hilarious

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I personally think Idol has been a decline for awhile; the success of "The Voice" is just putting the nail in the coffin.

"The Voice" has a different, fresh, format, and the chemistry between the judges is entertaining to watch.

With Idol, I feel like people are just tired of it. It's been on for 12 years now, the audience has changed, the focus is different, and it's become more about the judges than anything. I also get the sense that Idol KNOWS they're losing their audience, and in the process, they're trying too hard to keep it, but they're turning even more people off.

Idol's run its course, but still trying to stay up there, whereas "The Voice" is new and fresh, and there are no expectations for what it "should" be, or what it needs to accomplish to remain on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I personally think Idol has been a decline for awhile; the success of "The Voice" is just putting the nail in the coffin.

"The Voice" has a different, fresh, format, and the chemistry between the judges is entertaining to watch.

With Idol, I feel like people are just tired of it. It's been on for 12 years now, the audience has changed, the focus is different, and it's become more about the judges than anything. I also get the sense that Idol KNOWS they're losing their audience, and in the process, they're trying too hard to keep it, but they're turning even more people off.

Idol's run its course, but still trying to stay up there, whereas "The Voice" is new and fresh, and there are no expectations for what it "should" be, or what it needs to accomplish to remain on top.
    TBH I think The Voice and X Factor are much more about the judges than AI. In fact this season I think AI is not focusing that much on judges than when we had Simon and Paula. The only thing I remember was during audition when we had that fight between Nicki and Mariah.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Concert Stars
    I would love if Kree did a duet with Carrie, but it does sort of seem like she's not much of a Carrie fan; Janelle seemed more into Carrie's performance of SYA than Kree was. But of course it's hard to tell for sure, unless she's directly spoken about her.

While I do love Kree, I do think she is being overshadowed by Candice, Angie, and even Amber. Each of those three girls have given at least one standout performance each week for the past two weeks where I feel Kree has just given ok, but nothing special, performances. She needs to pick better songs. Up On the Mountain is, I think, still her best performance to date, and that was quite a while ago. It's also interesting that if Kree really was in the bottom two this past week that a few weeks ago she and Candice were in the top 2.

Concert Stars
    ^ Kree tweeted Carrie and follows her on twitter. And Kree said she was a Carrie fan at least once or twice in interviews.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post

yes but the Voice has not produced a single success story yet, and Idol has, so Idol still wins.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I like Shakira and Usher a lot more than Cee Lo and Christina.

Concert Stars
    There are murmurings that it may end up a Candice Vs. Amber finale.

I can actually see this: I think Kree is falling short with real memorable performances that make people think she "deserves" to win the show. (weather she can become a viable product in the marketplace is a different story).

And Angie is falling into a "yelling" for votes type of scenario.

Amber had a really important performance with "What ARe You Doing.." at just the right time. The question becomes "can she keep that momentum going?".

Candice is still the one to beat. But needs to figure out how to come across fresher. Not so "old-school".

I am fine with where Amber has come. I never expected her to win, but I felt her voice (and a few of the producers mistakes with her early on) gave her a deserved position on the show.

But if she can continue to do another couple of performances like last week she can make top 3 and I will be very happy.

I still think Angie and Kree are the two that are starting to lose their audience abit.

Concert Stars
    I have to say I am not overly impressed with Amber... she's OK.. but she reminds me of Vonzell from Carrie's season and I never understood her hype either.. I'm really rooting for a Candice/Kree finale..
    JB172, Maggie and supercarriefan like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by GumbyJRH View Post
    I have to say I am not overly impressed with Amber... she's OK.. but she reminds me of Vonzell from Carrie's season and I never understood her hype either.. I'm really rooting for a Candice/Kree finale..
    I totally agree with you about Amber.

Concert Stars
    If I were being totally honest, I would have to admit that Kree has not actually done enough for me.
    She has alot of natural talent for the style of music she enjoys singing. She sings it very well.
    But as a winner of American Idol and all the personality and energy and charisma that comes with that title, I just don't see Kree striving for it.

Amber may not be reaching it either, but I do see her try.
    Each of them actually suffer from the same basic probelm. Their ability to "energize and entertain" is lacking cause neither one is very good at "faking it till you make it". They are bothe pretty honest folks who deliver really good singing but do not present you with a "completly satifying" performance.

So as much as some feel like Amber is just not quite there yet, I would argue the same thing about Kree.
    The difference is that Kree has been sold as a front runner for so long now that it is just accepted that she should be in the finale.
    But other than one or two natural sounding performances that were great vocally but not particularly engaging, I would ask you,"What is Kree doing that Amber isn't"?

In thier own style of singing they are about equal. But we have been told that Kree is just "better".
    I'm not sure I see that after Ambers performance of "What ARe You Doing.." and Krees perfomance of "Help Me Make It..."
    I would say they are right about equal.

Angie is not as good as either one as a "natural vocalist", but she knows how to deliever all the posturing of a "famous star", so her vocals get a leg-up cause her performances "look the part".

Candice is all things to me, and should by rights win. But I am still rooting for the dark horse.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Carrie had more talent during her season because she had to sing different genre of music every week -- she Carrie did it so well.

With Kree, she just sings the song every week according to her style.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    If I were being totally honest, I would have to admit that Kree has not actually done enough for me.
    She has alot of natural talent for the style of music she enjoys singing. She sings it very well.
    But as a winner of American Idol and all the personality and energy and charisma that comes with that title, I just don't see Kree striving for it.

Amber may not be reaching it either, but I do see her try.
    Each of them actually suffer from the same basic probelm. Their ability to "energize and entertain" is lacking cause neither one is very good at "faking it till you make it". They are bothe pretty honest folks who deliver really good singing but do not present you with a "completly satifying" performance.

So as much as some feel like Amber is just not quite there yet, I would argue the same thing about Kree.
    The difference is that Kree has been sold as a front runner for so long now that it is just accepted that she should be in the finale.
    But other than one or two natural sounding performances that were great vocally but not particularly engaging, I would ask you,"What is Kree doing that Amber isn't"?

In thier own style of singing they are about equal. But we have been told that Kree is just "better".
    I'm not sure I see that after Ambers performance of "What ARe You Doing.." and Krees perfomance of "Help Me Make It..."
    I would say they are right about equal.

Angie is not as good as either one as a "natural vocalist", but she knows how to deliever all the posturing of a "famous star", so her vocals get a leg-up cause her performances "look the part".

Candice is all things to me, and should by rights win. But I am still rooting for the dark horse.

Concert Stars
    AGreed. Carrie is a unique bird!

Singing with Tony Bennett and sounding as natural as she did, sent alot of messeges to me. Also her Cancer awarness song and her Earthsong performance.

She is a truely talented natural singer who can move from one genre to another so naturally.

That is what made some skeptacle that she was not a "true" country singer. Cause that is not easy for country singers to do.

She is a wonder of a vocalist that I pinch myself every day that we got to meet her.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

I loved Amber for her early performances, "My Funny Valentine" and "I Believe in You and Me" were just amazing to me. Since then I don't think I enjoyed that much her performances but I always thought at least she sang right.
    Kree is a very good singer but it bothers me a lot everytime she looks at the ceiling and it feels like "she left the audience and went anywhere else". It's almost the same feeling I had to that girl who sang smiling while telling about losing someone she loved.
    Angie is too much drama to me. I like her voice but I wish her performances could be a little more relaxed and not that whole soap opera thing.
    Finally Candice... She is so amazing while performing but she has an attitude. There was a week when people were just giving her a big standing ovation and she just gave "that look aside" just before crying... it was so "diva". I wish she could be a little more humble.

•