Page 61 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Concert Stars
    But with respect, that doesn't make sense.

If Krees fans "are" voting (and she was not in the bottom two), why would the producers need to put her in the bottom two to scare her fans into voting?

IF we are to believe some of the huge upsets that this show has had, how would it suddenly be so impossible to believe that KRee would be in the bottom two out of only 5 women. I mean, it could have been very very close between all of them.
    LEts not assume that she is lagging behind by some huge amount. It could be very close.

I mean, I am the king of the conspirocy theories. But having a top five that is as closely matched as these women are, and then lying about two of them just to create drama makes no sense even for my cynical mind.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Ryan also said that last week was the last time they could use the save. I don't believe Kree was in the bottom two (Idol can get away with fudging whatever they want as long as they make sure the one with the least votes goes home). This was a great way to get her fanbase voting. Win-win for Idol.
    I just wish that they would be honest about the save and say we are going to keep the save around until we can save someone we want to save instead of the complete BS that the show continues to try to feed people.
    opry051008 and jimshoe like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    But with respect, that doesn't make sense.

If Krees fans "are" voting (and she was not in the bottom two), why would the producers need to put her in the bottom two to scare her fans into voting?

IF we are to believe some of the huge upsets that this show has had, how would it suddenly be so impossible to believe that KRee would be in the bottom two out of only 5 women. I mean, it could have been very very close between all of them.
    LEts not assume that she is lagging behind by some huge amount. It could be very close.

I mean, I am the king of the conspirocy theories. But having a top five that is as closely matched as these women are, and then lying about two of them just to create drama makes no sense even for my cynical mind.
    I personally think that it's because she doesn't have enough votes to get by either Candice or Angie right now. But with Janelle finally out of the way and a scare to her fanbase.....

Normally I'm not into conspiracy theories but Idol has everything riding on their winner this year because the Voice is killing them right now.

But this is my own opinion of course so who knows.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I personally think that it's because she doesn't have enough votes to get by either Candice or Angie right now. But with Janelle finally out of the way and a scare to her fanbase.....

Normally I'm not into conspiracy theories but Idol has everything riding on their winner this year because the Voice is killing them right now.

The only thing I would give The Voice over AI is ratings, excluding Cassadee because she hasn't put anything out the last two AI winners (Scotty and Phillip) have blown the same time frame winners of The Voice off the map.

Concert Stars
    I do to. I think it is just a much tighter race than there has been on the show in a while.

Now if it is true that Angie has a large fanbase, which I question, than it is even more true that the other girls, all of which are unique and very good at what they do, are going to be scrapping and clawing for the remainder of the votes.
    Hil likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan

Why people keep saying The Voice is killing Idol? Maybe in ratings but that's it, I think they have had talented people but they havent done anything so far in the music world.

Oh and people used to complain Idol was too much about the judges. I think The Voice is ALL about the judges.
    Hil, Marie2011, liz278 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    YEah, I think The Voice comes across as more like DWTS or Survivor or something like that that really has not concequence t is just fun to watch the process.

I do think The Voice has made a problem for itself in making the show more about the spectacle and the glitter and Glam than really finding a marketable star.

But then again, it is a TV show just like Idol or DWTS or any other. If the ratings are in its favor than so are the advertizers. And if the advertizers are there so is the money. So regardless of creating stars, they are a hugely successful tv show.

AI is the one that really has the sole burden of "making Stars" out of people.
    Because that is what its premise has been from the start.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I just had a chance to watch last night's results show, and it was an interesting night on Idol for sure lol.
    First, Nicki needs to get over herself with her immature eyerolling and acting like she knows all. Jimmy Iovine has years of experience over Nicki, and will be the winner and runner-up's boss when all is said and done. They need to at least listen to what he says instead of being subjected to the judges (particularly Nicki and Randy) saying Jimmy is wrong each and every time he speaks. Also, Nicki fangirling and bowing to Paula Abdul was ridiculous. Paula Abdul? Really Nicki lol?

I loved the ladies' diva medley, and the ladies all looked amazing last night. As for the results, it is what it is I guess. Janelle was the weakest of the bunch vocally, but she proved last night that she is a stellar performer. Funny how Keith tweeted that he fought to save her after being so hard on her Wednesday night. I think it is totally believable that Kree was in the bottom two. Her performances this week weren't great in comparison to what Candice, Angie and Amber brought to the table. Kree needs to step up her game in terms of performance in order to survive to the finale.
    Hil and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    Big Bang won the night even with a rerun. Not great for Idol. Not bad, but not great!

I agree that it is not necessary or cool to be calling Jimmy out all the time. I think Nikki does it cause she likes to be contrary.
    And I think she was having abit of fun with him lastnight saying "he doesn't know anything" (I actually got a chuckle out of it just cause it was so absurd for someone like her to say such a thing about someone who is so clearly respected in the industry).

But it does undermine what he adds to the show. Which I think is immense. I don't always appreciate the judges comments cause I am never sure if they are speaking to what the audience wants to hear or just don't wnat to be mean to anyone or whatever. (I am sure it is hard to look at these young people and tell them the truth!)

But Lovine can go back later and really analize what happened and how to correct problems or point out strentghts or weaknesses.
    So for the judges to nit-pick back at his comments is pointless and useless, and it undermines the whole reason he is there participating.

His comments are actually my favorite part. I think he is honest and blunt. And I wish the judges used as much common sense and professional experience in thier comments.
    Marie2011 likes this.

Hil
    LOL I know Jimmy is big in the business, but the fact that he gives his critique after they know the votes makes me laugh at the entire thing. I think Idol is trying to sell us what they want. they always have done that in a way, but it's just way too obvious this year. Nicki and Mariah haven't added very much to the panel IMO.
    Marie2011 and Mirasa45A like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I personally wish Idol would go back to just 3 judges. I think it takes too long for each one to talk with the 4 judges. Mariah for the most just talks and talks but really does not say anything meaningful in my opinion. I can't believe I am going to say this but after seeing Paula come out last night on stage I think I would rather have her back as a judge instead of Mariah. Nicki does have her moments with good advice but she can be annoying as well. Also, while I am glad to see a woman win this year I do wish that at least one guy was still in the competition. Idol definitely stacked the deck for the girls to win this year because this is the worst group of guys Idol has ever had in the top 10.
    Marie2011 and Hil like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    LOL I know Jimmy is big in the business, but the fact that he gives his critique after they know the votes makes me laugh at the entire thing. I think Idol is trying to sell us what they want. they always have done that in a way, but it's just way too obvious this year. Nicki and Mariah haven't added very much to the panel IMO.
    He gave his comments after their first performance this week which I would love to see happen the rest of the season.
    jimshoe likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I just had a chance to watch last night's results show, and it was an interesting night on Idol for sure lol.
    First, Nicki needs to get over herself with her immature eyerolling and acting like she knows all. Jimmy Iovine has years of experience over Nicki, and will be the winner and runner-up's boss when all is said and done. They need to at least listen to what he says instead of being subjected to the judges (particularly Nicki and Randy) saying Jimmy is wrong each and every time he speaks. Also, Nicki fangirling and bowing to Paula Abdul was ridiculous. Paula Abdul? Really Nicki lol?

I loved the ladies' diva medley, and the ladies all looked amazing last night. As for the results, it is what it is I guess. Janelle was the weakest of the bunch vocally, but she proved last night that she is a stellar performer. Funny how Keith tweeted that he fought to save her after being so hard on her Wednesday night. I think it is totally believable that Kree was in the bottom two. Her performances this week weren't great in comparison to what Candice, Angie and Amber brought to the table. Kree needs to step up her game in terms of performance in order to survive to the finale.
    Jimmy has forgotten more about the music business than Nicki will ever know, she needs to get over her favorites not getting their ass kissed by Jimmy.
    jimshoe likes this.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    He gave his comments after their first performance this week which I would love to see happen the rest of the season.
    No, no I mean his prediction he gave last night. It's so pointless...I can predict the future when I know it too.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    No, no I mean his prediction he gave last night. It's so pointless...I can predict the future when I know it too.
    Yeah this is just for show like the judges "discussing" if the save is going to be used.
    Hil likes this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Hope you are right that Kree was not in bottom 2, but Vote for the Worst said she was, so I assumed she was. I can't recall if they actually said it though. Hope she wasn't as I want her in the finale.

I am pissed Angie and Amber both got in ahead of Kree. Both are good in their own way, but Kree is way better.

Angie seems like a brat. Sorry. She is pretty and has a decent voice, but something about her bugs me.
    VOTES from "Tennessee" was divided between Kree and Jannel. Kree will be fine next week. DUET of Kree and our beloved Carrie at the FINALE of Carrie's song "Who Are You" will be BEYOND HEAVENLY!!!
    bs63093 likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    a KREE AND CARRIE DUEEEET!!! DDD doubt it to, i dont see kree much of a carrie fan, se more like a reba or loretta lynn type of girl, plus carrie already performed

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    Why people keep saying The Voice is killing Idol?
    Because even though it was expected that Idol's ratings would drop just because of the age of the show, I don't think that anyone thought that it could fall so far so fast and a big reason is because the Voice is doing so well. So in that sense it is killing Idol.

Maybe in ratings but that's it, I think they have had talented people but they havent done anything so far in the music world.
    I definitely agree, that's why I'm saying that it's extremely important for Idol to have a successful winner this year because that's all they have over The Voice. Can you imagine, they do all this manipulation to make sure they have a female winner and she isn't successful after the show?

As far as the contestants on The Voice, it's just a matter of time before they get a good one who becomes successful.

Oh and people used to complain Idol was too much about the judges. I think The Voice is ALL about the judges.
    It definitely is and I love it. The addition of Shakira and Usher this year is the best thing that could have happened to The Voice. Although Idol isn't as much about the judges, imao it's panel of judges are playing a big role in the downslide of the show's ratings.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^^ Cassadee has all the makings of being able to succeed, she has a nice voice, is a beautiful girl, is likeable and is going into one of the most popular genres that there is in music.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    ^^ Cassadee has all the makings of being able to succeed, she has a nice voice, is a beautiful girl, is likeable and is going into one of the most popular genres that there is in music.
    It looked good until Kree arrived who already has a lot of connections in Nashville and who (from the looks of it) will have an album out well before Cassadee.

My money is on Judith Hill no matter how long/short she lasts in the competition.

•