Page 60 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Concert Stars
    ^ Hope you are right that Kree was not in bottom 2, but Vote for the Worst said she was, so I assumed she was. I can't recall if they actually said it though. Hope she wasn't as I want her in the finale.

I am pissed Angie and Amber both got in ahead of Kree. Both are good in their own way, but Kree is way better.

Angie seems like a brat. Sorry. She is pretty and has a decent voice, but something about her bugs me.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Hope you are right that Kree was not in bottom 2, but Vote for the Worst said she was, so I assumed she was. I can't recall if they actually said it though. Hope she wasn't as I want her in the finale.

I am pissed Angie and Amber both got in ahead of Kree. Both are good in their own way, but Kree is way better.

Angie seems like a brat. Sorry. She is pretty and has a decent voice, but something about her bugs me.
    If Kree was in the bottom and I think that is a really big IF, Jessica made it to the finale last year after she was suppose to have the lowest vote total and was saved.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    A few things

1. I don't think they ever said Kree was in the bottom with Janelle(unless I missed it). They started by saying "in no particualr order the first person safe is". I don't think they said 'this is your bottom 2' but I was watching it with some friends and I could have missed that.
    2. Didn't the tweet that the producer sent out yesterday just say that the save could still be used this week.. It technically didn't say this was the last week just that it's still available.. This is eventually it gets silly to use it. At some point they just need to say they are going to have a 2 week finale or something like that.
    3. To the person who said they were in the minority in rooting for Angie.. put me in that category as well. I think she is the most marketable of the final 5 and is the most confortable on stage doing a variety of songs.
    The tweet that Lyndsey Parker sent out last night said her contacts at Fox told her that tonight was the last time it could be used but my guess is that will get said again next week if whoever Nigel is looking to save isn't the one who is in danger of going home.
    jimshoe likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I would love to hear what the judges are actually talking about when they are "discussing" if the save is going to be used or not.
    They were probably discussing how they enjoyed driving the bus and were happy how it all turned out. At least Janelle doesn't have to go through another week of it.

The thing is Janelle was obviously the weakest, they didn't have to throw her under the bus because she wasn't going to last anyway. There was no way Kree was bottom 2. It's probably what they did the year Scotty was on. He was in the last two but they didn't say "bottom two" they said "elimination in no particular order".
    rainbow1 and JB172 like this.

Carrie Guru
    The problem with Kree is that she is a good singer but she is not appealing to the audience.

Concert Stars
    I just rewatched the ending of the results show, and yes, Ryan says, "And that means Kree and Janelle are our bottom two this week." I still don't believe it. Has Kree always dragged behind Candice and Angie? [conspiracyhat] If she really was in the B2, maybe they put Amber in the pimp spot so that Kree would land in the B2. [/conspiracyhat]
    jimshoe likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I'm not sure why anyone is surprised Kree was in the bottom two.
    She's basically personality free on a show where personality is a big factor.

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone as bland land in the top 5 before.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I would love to hear what the judges are actually talking about when they are "discussing" if the save is going to be used or not.
    They are asking why Mariah can't give standing ovations for the contestants due to tight cloths, but wonder how those cloths loosen up all of a sudden for Fantasia. Fantasia, that sorry mess of a woman.

By the way, I am on the bus that doesn't believe not even for a second that Kree was bottom 2. I think it was Amber & all this was done for dramatic purposes. I won't be surprised next week when bottom 2 is Amber & Candice.
    JB172 and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    The problem with Kree is that she is a good singer but she is not appealing to the audience.
    I think you are confusing Kree with Candice.
    JB172, HuiZ, Maggie and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    A few things

1. I don't think they ever said Kree was in the bottom with Janelle(unless I missed it). They started by saying "in no particualr order the first person safe is". I don't think they said 'this is your bottom 2' but I was watching it with some friends and I could have missed that.
    2. Didn't the tweet that the producer sent out yesterday just say that the save could still be used this week.. It technically didn't say this was the last week just that it's still available.. This is eventually it gets silly to use it. At some point they just need to say they are going to have a 2 week finale or something like that.
    3. To the person who said they were in the minority in rooting for Angie.. put me in that category as well. I think she is the most marketable of the final 5 and is the most confortable on stage doing a variety of songs.
    Actually Ryan did say Kree and Janelle were the bottom 2. He said it right after he said Amber was safe.
    jimshoe likes this.

Concert Stars
    I think it's actually kind of easy to understand why both Kree and Janelle were in the bottom 2. They are both for the most part country and were splitting votes I'm sure. Now the country voters will follow Kree and her numbers should go up. But I gotta say, she had better start connecting much better if she'd like to be in the top and final 2. Right now I'm a Candice backer! Angie is completely pageant and would be better as a song writer.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I think you are confusing Kree with Candice.
    Candice reminds me of a more talented Melinda Doolittle.
    Smokyiiis and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Ban Hammered
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    They are asking why Mariah can't give standing ovations for the contestants due to tight cloths, but wonder how those cloths loosen up all of a sudden for Fantasia. Fantasia, that sorry mess of a woman.

By the way, I am on the bus that doesn't believe not even for a second that Kree was bottom 2. I think it was Amber & all this was done for dramatic purposes. I won't be surprised next week when bottom 2 is Amber & Candice.
    I'm sorry but that is just an excuse Mariah makes for not standing up because she doesn't FEEL people DESERVE a standing ovation (are we really buying the tight clothing thing, LOL?). If you watched the show on Wednesday night, Mariah actually stood up for several of the CONTESTANTS. If you watched the show on last weeks results you will see that Mariah also stood for Kelly Clarkson. If you watched the show last Wednesday you will see that Mariah not only stood for Candice Glover but went on stage and threw glitter on her.

Calling a person a sorry mess of a woman who just knocked it out of the park on idol is not really nice. Did you see Keith Urban? he wanted to stand before she even finished so it wasn't just Mariah. Frankly Fantasia got the best response from all 4 of the judges for this entire season, standing or not. That's just a plain fact. She absolutely killed it.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by interestingread View Post
    I'm sorry but that is just an excuse Mariah makes for not standing up because she doesn't FEEL people DESERVE a standing ovation (are we really buying the tight clothing thing, LOL?). If you watched the show on Wednesday night, Mariah actually stood up for several of the CONTESTANTS. If you watched the show on last weeks results you will see that Mariah also stood for Kelly Clarkson. If you watched the show last Wednesday you will see that Mariah not only stood for Candice Glover but went on stage and threw glitter on her.

Calling a person a sorry mess of a woman who just knocked it out of the park on idol is not really nice. Did you see Keith Urban? he wanted to stand before she even finished so it wasn't just Mariah. Frankly Fantasia got the best response from all 4 of the judges for this entire season, standing or not. That's just a plain fact. She absolutely killed it.
    Sorry but I have to agree with Ron and his entire take on the highly overrated Fantasia.

Concert Stars
    I'll start with Fantasia. She is just a very specific product, and if you don't like that flavor you are just not going to like it.
    I personally do not.
    But with that said, I have seen artists like M.J.Blige / P.LaBelle do these kinds of performances and I am impressed with them. Fantasia seems to me, to give "too much" to material that is not good. That song was not good. But she sang it like she was laying down Bible scriptures. It was compltely overdramatic for the subjectmatter and I did not buy it at all.

anyway, I am not at all surprised that KRee was in the bottom. It seems a little odd that y'll think Amber was but they just "didn't wnat to show it". Why wouldn't they? They have been for weeks!
    I think it is a tight race. I think everybody has to pull out everything they have. And I also think Kree is the only one left who is not doing "anything" to make a statement or to show that she is "intending" to win!

I think she is one of those, that we have seen many times, who seems like a shoe in for a long time and people start to sway toward other contestants.
    In a case like Carries, she sang something that she specifically thought would mean something everytime she sang. She also changed her look to match her performances everytime which made people subtly interested in her performances beyond just the singing.
    Kree is doing almost nothing beyond walking out and singing in a broad style in nondiscript atire and with no inspirational motivation.
    Amber sang for her life this week and it paid off. Don't "throw her under the bus" for that.
    Kree sang like she hadn't a care in the world. And guess what? She does now!

She can win the votes back next week pretty easily. But she is going to have to show that she wants to.
    She can't just keep standing there in painting smocks and delivering bar-stool performances.

Concert Stars
    Oh, and I'm gonna give Mariah the benefit of the doubt when she said she "couldn't stand" a month ago.
    Just cause she wore a dress then that made it difficult, doesn't mean she did not figure that out and start to wear cloths that fit better for the situation. Ha ha ha.

Btw, I think the judges stand up entirely too much anyway. It is really not in keeping with proper judging etiquette if you ask me.
    Maybe for Stars and guests sure. But for contestants? That is not your job! Sit!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Concert Stars
    (and its also possible that she did not realize that she would be asked to stand for a bunch of newbies that she is supposed to be mentoring, not slobbering all over. IF you heard her sing that Without You, it would make sense that she would give standing ovations to people who could sing "that" well).

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I'll start with Fantasia. She is just a very specific product, and if you don't like that flavor you are just not going to like it.
    I personally do not.
    But with that said, I have seen artists like M.J.Blige / P.LaBelle do these kinds of performances and I am impressed with them. Fantasia seems to me, to give "too much" to material that is not good. That song was not good. But she sang it like she was laying down Bible scriptures. It was compltely overdramatic for the subjectmatter and I did not buy it at all.

anyway, I am not at all surprised that KRee was in the bottom. It seems a little odd that y'll think Amber was but they just "didn't wnat to show it". Why wouldn't they? They have been for weeks!
    I think it is a tight race. I think everybody has to pull out everything they have. And I also think Kree is the only one left who is not doing "anything" to make a statement or to show that she is "intending" to win!

I think she is one of those, that we have seen many times, who seems like a shoe in for a long time and people start to sway toward other contestants.
    In a case like Carries, she sang something that she specifically thought would mean something everytime she sang. She also changed her look to match her performances everytime which made people subtly interested in her performances beyond just the singing.
    Kree is doing almost nothing beyond walking out and singing in a broad style in nondiscript atire and with no inspirational motivation.
    Amber sang for her life this week and it paid off. Don't "throw her under the bus" for that.
    Kree sang like she hadn't a care in the world. And guess what? She does now!

She can win the votes back next week pretty easily. But she is going to have to show that she wants to.
    She can't just keep standing there in painting smocks and delivering bar-stool performances.
    Agree with so much of your post.
    Fantasia won her season because she knows how to sing with passion. Though her type of singing isn't my cup of tea, didn't care for her song selection last night, she never for a moment gave us the opinion she didn't have passion for the song she was singing. Her personal life has been a mess but she keeps popping up showing she keeps trying to get it together - I love seeing people try rather than just give up.
    Clay has a voice but lost credibility with his fans as unable to "honestly" humble himself. Full of too much anger.
    Kree has a good voice and it stops there for me - have never "felt" one of her songs enough to care if she wins. I still think she feels just getting this far will get her a start in her career in country - as others have done - she just better get some kind of personality!
    Candice I think is awesome - everyone I try to connect her with, she is better - I do hope if she doesn't win she has a career - that voice shouldn't be lost. Its been proven you don't have to win to be successful - just none of them have been as successful as Carrie. Daughtry did awesome for a long time and now I haven't heard what he is up to.
    I like Amber - she is inconsistent but she has the talent if someone worked with her. That 2nd song the other night was great great great. Far better than anything she had ever sung and she sang it better than anything else she'd chosen. She is far better than Vonzell. Time and effort and hunger for the profession will eventually reveal her future.
    Really an Angie fan and don't find the theatrics a turn off - time will tell for her too.
    The person with the most talent for me and should win is Candice but don't think it will be.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Actually Ryan did say Kree and Janelle were the bottom 2. He said it right after he said Amber was safe.
    Ryan also said that last week was the last time they could use the save. I don't believe Kree was in the bottom two (Idol can get away with fudging whatever they want as long as they make sure the one with the least votes goes home). This was a great way to get her fanbase voting. Win-win for Idol.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    They very clearly stated that Kree was in the bottom two. The only way to argue that isn't the case is to believe the producers are blatantly lying. That is anybody's privilege but I personally find it a little hard to buy. Imagine the scandal is they got caught. Would that really be worth it?

As for Kree, I think she landed there for several reasons. 1) As I've said before, I think her performance quality is lacking. 2) janelle and Kree were likely splitting some of the country vote. 3) the judges were blatantly favoring Amber and begging people to vote for her.
    pklongbeach likes this.

•