Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

  1. #1001
    Obsessed Carrie Fan _luvqry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,208
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    Allow me to have a conspiracy theory here. The reason that they are praising Amber as much as they are is becuase Amber right now is competing with Candice for votes and I don't think Idol wants Candice to win. Remember Candice made the top 40 last year and was cut at that point so if Candice wins they will be asked why she wasn't good enough to make the top 20 last year but good enough to win it this year.
    This is also why I think they are pushing Kree as a 'country' star. See I think AI would like to have a Kree - Angie finale with Kree winning but to ensure that Kree wins they have to try to get her the country vote in the finale.

    I love a good conspiracy theory!-)
    that's a good one but Amber was eliminated last year as well...
    I love Amber, I really do... but I think she's not very smart in choosing her songs while Candice is always hitting the right target.
    pklongbeach likes this.

  • #1002
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by _luvqry View Post
    that's a good one but Amber was eliminated last year as well...
    I love Amber, I really do... but I think she's not very smart in choosing her songs while Candice is always hitting the right target.
    Ah but nobody is really under the illusion that Amber can win.. she's been in the bottom 3 twice now but she can be used to take Candice out first in a 'shocker'!

  • #1003
    Insane Carrie Fan The Nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,858
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Candice was amazing on "Lovesong" and she is probably the best "vocalist" on the show but I think that she is going to go out like Melinda Doolittle did and she doesn't even make the finale.

    Kree did what Kree does.

    Angie just killed it on her 2nd song and I still think that she has the biggest fan base which makes her the one to actually beat.

    Amber overpraised as Amber always is, she is good but she isn't close to being as wonderfully great as she gets pimped out to be.

    Janelle was alright nothing special.
    I agree with everything here. Candice is likely the best singer this season, but I can't see her fitting into and finding much success in any genre, maybe R&B a la Tamar Braxton's Love and War? I actually thought Candice on Don't Make Me Over was better than Lovesong. Amber has had good performances, but not this week. I thought her first song was very cabaret and I felt Love on Top overpowered her. Angie is the best overall package and definitely has the most fans. She reminds me of Cassadee Pope from The Voice, except Angie actually has competition in Candice and Kree. And Mariah was right, Angie on the piano cannot be beat. I thought her performance on the piano and Candice's Don't Make Me Over were the best of the night. So if Angie takes the prize, I think that'd be perfectly fine for Kree to be top 2 or top 3. I can see Kree doing well in country music and putting out great soul-country songs. I liked Nicki and Keith's comments about Kree's future and I was actually just thinking along the same lines not too long ago. If Kree puts out a great debut single that smashes on country radio, a la Jesus, Take the Wheel, and stays consistent, unlike Scotty, she might be in the running for FVOTY at the CMAs and ACMs in a few years, which I would actually love to see happen. But I think Angie, Kree, and Candice would make for the best Top 3 in AI history. Each has their own unique style and each deserves to win.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    To me, watching last night show confirmed by opinion --Carrie has much more charisma than Kelly Clarkson. When Carrie came on stage last week, I feel like watching a megastar started by her elegant walk to the stage. On the other hand, I did not feel that with Kelly Clarkson.

    Therefore, the amount of # 1 does not change my mind of who is the bigger star
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you mean by charisma, or at least the context you're using it in, but Kelly has more of a personality than Carrie. Did you not see her steal the show from Ryan? She reminded me of Kellie Pickler. Lots of people describe Carrie as shy and I'm sure she has too. There's nothing wrong with that, but I disagree when you say Carrie has more charisma than Kelly. Though I do agree that Carrie's entrance and her interaction with the crowd proved she's a megastar coming home to AI (but her song and performance/stage set-up kind of naturally lends itself to that interpretation) whereas Kelly's pop song and glow-in-the-dark performance did not.
    Hil and maddkat like this.

  • #1004
    Hil
    Hil is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Hil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,128
    My take...for what it's worth!

    Amber will likely leave next...maybe Janelle, but I don't see the other three leaving yet.

    I think janelle will get lost in the country music shuffle after Idol. She's like way too many country artist out there...I mean I love Lauren A's voice and she even had a good album, but it's just hard to make it huge or separate yourself from everyone else.

    Kree will make a country album and have the same success whether she wins or not....

    Candice would probably not move a ton of albums, but it will be a great launch pad for her.....maybe like Jhudson if she plays her cards right.

    Angie is my pick as winner....I think she's sort of the whole package....and I think going into pop she would need the win more than kree would. Dunno, it's hard to say what success means for any of them.
    :/



    Oh one thing I wanted to ask you guys about....remember when they told us Bo had beat Carrie a couple of times in votes during season 4? And then years later they tell us Carrie won by a landslide every week?
    So, while I feel fairly certain the finale results will be legit.....it's not like it's illegal to lie to us during the show.....So, if that's the case who knows exactly where everyone has landed every week....
    What say you guys about that?
    pklongbeach likes this.

  • #1005
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    I agree with everything here. Candice is likely the best singer this season, but I can't see her fitting into and finding much success in any genre, maybe R&B a la Tamar Braxton's Love and War? I actually thought Candice on Don't Make Me Over was better than Lovesong. Amber has had good performances, but not this week. I thought her first song was very cabaret and I felt Love on Top overpowered her. Angie is the best overall package and definitely has the most fans. She reminds me of Cassadee Pope from The Voice, except Angie actually has competition in Candice and Kree. And Mariah was right, Angie on the piano cannot be beat. I thought her performance on the piano and Candice's Don't Make Me Over were the best of the night. So if Angie takes the prize, I think that'd be perfectly fine for Kree to be top 2 or top 3. I can see Kree doing well in country music and putting out great soul-country songs. I liked Nicki and Keith's comments about Kree's future and I was actually just thinking along the same lines not too long ago. If Kree puts out a great debut single that smashes on country radio, a la Jesus, Take the Wheel, and stays consistent, unlike Scotty, she might be in the running for FVOTY at the CMAs and ACMs in a few years, which I would actually love to see happen. But I think Angie, Kree, and Candice would make for the best Top 3 in AI history. Each has their own unique style and each deserves to win.


    Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you mean by charisma, or at least the context you're using it in, but Kelly has more of a personality than Carrie. Did you not see her steal the show from Ryan? She reminded me of Kellie Pickler. Lots of people describe Carrie as shy and I'm sure she has too. There's nothing wrong with that, but I disagree when you say Carrie has more charisma than Kelly. Though I do agree that Carrie's entrance and her interaction with the crowd proved she's a megastar coming home to AI (but her song and performance/stage set-up kind of naturally lends itself to that interpretation) whereas Kelly's pop song and glow-in-the-dark performance did not.
    what I mean by Charisma is this:

    An artist who has this aura that gives you goosebumps just by his or her presence !

  • #1006
    Hil
    Hil is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Hil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    what I mean by Charisma is this:

    An artist who has this aura that gives you goosebumps just by his or her presence !
    Yes, I agree with you both...Carrie is more poised IMO....Kelly is better at small talk.

  • #1007
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Yes, I agree with you both...Carrie is more poised IMO....Kelly is better at small talk.
    Agreed. Carrie's ability to make you stop and pay attention just by hearing her voice is really amazing.

    I think Kelly is immensely gifted, and I love her personality, but she's never had the same affect on me as Carrie does.

    I think charisma can mean a lot of different, things, too. It can be the voice, the personality, the performer, or all of those things. Sometimes, it can be very subjective because everybody can see completely different things in the same person, but variety is a good thing.

    I remember being a fan of Carrie on Idol, but she didn't stop me on my tracks until her "Alone" performance; THAT'S the power of charisma right there.
    Hil, Gator, Cathie Wynkoop and 4 others like this.

  • #1008
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,330
    Concert Stars
    Kree got 2 glowing tweets from Merle Haggard today!!!
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

  • #1009
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Posts
    2,236
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Kree got 2 glowing tweets from Merle Haggard today!!!
    Can you share them? I'm not on Twitter.

    Thanks!

  • #1010
    sco
    sco is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    My take...for what it's worth!

    Amber will likely leave next...maybe Janelle, but I don't see the other three leaving yet.

    I think janelle will get lost in the country music shuffle after Idol. She's like way too many country artist out there...I mean I love Lauren A's voice and she even had a good album, but it's just hard to make it huge or separate yourself from everyone else.

    Kree will make a country album and have the same success whether she wins or not....

    Candice would probably not move a ton of albums, but it will be a great launch pad for her.....maybe like Jhudson if she plays her cards right.

    Angie is my pick as winner....I think she's sort of the whole package....and I think going into pop she would need the win more than kree would. Dunno, it's hard to say what success means for any ?
    I agree with a lot of what you say. As for post Idol success, for both Janelle and Kree it will depend a lot on their material. Janelle has a lot of charm and audiences don't care as much about vocal chops as the judges on these type shows. Kree is a great vocalist but I think she needs to work on showing her personality and connecting with the audience.

    I like Angie but it seems these days that success in the pop world is all about packaging so it's hard to say how she'll do after the show.
    Hil likes this.

  • #1011
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    24,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathie Wynkoop View Post
    Can you share them? I'm not on Twitter.

    Thanks!
    Merle Haggard ‏@merlehaggard 15h
    @KreeAI12 great job on "help me make it through the night"

    Merle Haggard ‏@merlehaggard 7h
    @KreeAI12 a lot of people sing all there life, but never sing that good..

    Kree Harrison ‏@KreeAI12 7h
    @merlehaggard from you! Wow. You r one of my biggest influences. "Thank you" doesn't cover what I want to say. Xoxo

    Kree Harrison ‏@KreeAI12 7h
    @merlehaggard a duet with you would make my world go round. Maybe one day :-)
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

  • #1012
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    13,149
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Yes, I agree with you both...Carrie is more poised IMO....Kelly is better at small talk.
    I don't now, nor have I ever gotten the appeal of Kelly Clarkson. If she is good at small talk, then so be it. I hear the View has an opening. But, her vocals always verge on screaming fits of mania. I will stand on a mountain top (probably alone) to say once again, her performance at the Inaugural this year was nothing but screeching at it's worst. And this performance on Idol, once again delved into a screaming fit. Sorry, I just don't get it & all the Kelly fans can rant & rave about how great she is all they want, it's never going to change my mind. And, she has absolutely no sense of style or taste.

    By the way, regarding your question about Bo & Carrie. I don't think it was ever close, any week, any vote. I remember distinctly reading a post on another forum from a guy that claimed his Dad worked for AT&T. This guy said his Dad told him that Carrie was getting as much as 40% of the vote when there were still 8 people left. Now, obviously that is tough to prove, but if so, that is pretty dominate.

  • #1013
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    13,149
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you say. As for post Idol success, for both Janelle and Kree it will depend a lot on their material. Janelle has a lot of charm and audiences don't care as much about vocal chops as the judges on these type shows. Kree is a great vocalist but I think she needs to work on showing her personality and connecting with the audience.

    I like Angie but it seems these days that success in the pop world is all about packaging so it's hard to say how she'll do after the show.
    As to the bolded part, all I can say is if that were the case Lauren Alaina would be a mega star by now.
    Hil and Carrieflattsfan like this.

  • #1014
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    24,230
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I don't now, nor have I ever gotten the appeal of Kelly Clarkson. If she is good at small talk, then so be it. I hear the View has an opening. But, her vocals always verge on screaming fits of mania. I will stand on a mountain top (probably alone) to say once again, her performance at the Inaugural this year was nothing but screeching at it's worst. And this performance on Idol, once again delved into a screaming fit. Sorry, I just don't get it & all the Kelly fans can rant & rave about how great she is all they want, it's never going to change my mind. And, she has absolutely no sense of style or taste.

    By the way, regarding your question about Bo & Carrie. I don't think it was ever close, any week, any vote. I remember distinctly reading a post on another forum from a guy that claimed his Dad worked for AT&T. This guy said his Dad told him that Carrie was getting as much as 40% of the vote when there were still 8 people left. Now, obviously that is tough to prove, but if so, that is pretty dominate.
    And regarding Carrie's dominance during season 4, there is this interview with Nigel.

    Nigel Lythgoe Says Pia Toscano's Idol Elimination Was Fair and Square | E! Online

    Nigel also went on to explain why viewers will never know the exact number of votes each contestant receives. "Let's take the Carrie Underwood season. Carrie Underwood won every single week," he said. "You show the vote and the show is over. There's no jeopardy if you're watching somebody win every single week."
    Hil, Cathie Wynkoop and HuiZ like this.

  • #1015
    sco
    sco is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    As to the bolded part, all I can say is if that were the case Lauren Alaina would be a mega star by now.
    I'm not sure what you mean about Lauren but her biggest problem was that her material wasn't strong enough and she was just too young. There are dozens of examples of artists with good but not great vocal abilities that have highly successful careers because of their natural charm and quality of material. I would put Miranda in that category. There are also examples of people with exceptional vocal abilities who haven't been terribly successful. I think any of the remaining contestants (with the possible exception of Amber who for whatever reason doesn't seem to be connecting with the audience) have the potential to be very successful with the right material.

    On a slightly unrelated note, am I the only one who found both Scotty and Kelly's songs to be just OK. I really like them both but neither of those songs did much for me. I felt the same way about Kelly's Don't Rush. I really like her but I don't understand her trying to straddle the fence between country and pop. I wish she would stick with what she is good at, or if she wants to make a genre switch just do it.

  • #1016
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    ^^I missed Scotty's performance. I found Kelly's performance/song less than OK. I could not listen to the entire song. However, to be fair, that type of music is not my cup of tea...
    Mirasa45A and Cathie Wynkoop like this.

  • #1017
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    ^^I missed Scotty's performance. I found Kelly's performance/song less than OK. I could not listen to the entire song. However, to be fair, that type of music is not my cup of tea...

    I agree with you. In my opinion, Kelly's best performance was this one:

    Gator likes this.

  • #1018
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    491
    i didnt see scottys but kellys was AMAZINNNG!!! i LOOOVE that song and her shes my favorite pop singer ever(and second fav singer in everything behind carrie lol)

  • #1019
    Hil
    Hil is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Hil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    And regarding Carrie's dominance during season 4, there is this interview with Nigel.

    Nigel Lythgoe Says Pia Toscano's Idol Elimination Was Fair and Square | E! Online

    Nigel also went on to explain why viewers will never know the exact number of votes each contestant receives. "Let's take the Carrie Underwood season. Carrie Underwood won every single week," he said. "You show the vote and the show is over. There's no jeopardy if you're watching somebody win every single week."
    YES!! and there was a week when Ryan said he would call the name of the contestants In the order of votes....and he called Bo first, and then Carrie...I think that was the week Carrie sang "If you don't know me by now" if I'm not mistaken...
    This is why I take their "Top 3" and the order with a grain of salt. Unless he was lying about Carrie to cover the Pia thing, but I don't think that's the case. I mean Carrie fans have been killing all sorts of votes for years. I'm sure we were probably even stronger or at least as strong during the Idol days.
    Mirasa45A likes this.

  • #1020
    Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    24,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    YES!! and there was a week when Ryan said he would call the name of the contestants In the order of votes....and he called Bo first, and then Carrie...I think that was the week Carrie sang "If you don't know me by now" if I'm not mistaken...
    This is why I take their "Top 3" and the order with a grain of salt. Unless he was lying about Carrie to cover the Pia thing, but I don't think that's the case. I mean Carrie fans have been killing all sorts of votes for years. I'm sure we were probably even stronger or at least as strong during the Idol days.
    Well the week you are talking about is Top 4 week. I actually have a video of the results show that week and Ryan did say Bo was safe first and then Carrie. But Ryan never said anything about it being in the order of the voting results.
    Hil likes this.


  •  
    Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •