Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    IMO, everything that Carter has to say about AI or Carrie is done with the sole purpose of knowing that Carrie fans will get pissed about it and people continue to fall for his BS.
    agree. It is getting predictable. lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Tonight was MUCH better than last night, especially as far as talent goes. Woo!

Plus, I'm just even more in love w/ Nicki every. single. day. <3
    That stutter guy Laranzzo at the end was amazing! I couldn't believe how well he could sing but he can't speak! Wow. Sing everything kid- as Keith said.

Carrie Guru
    I was actually disappointed with tonight's show. Too much focus on the judges and wayyyyyy too much Nikki. The talent was much better tonight but I don't even remember most of the contestants because of the focus on the judges.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I liked the quirky girl.

Carrie Guru
    I liked the quirky girl.
    I liked her too but she won't last. I'm really interested to see how far the daughter of Vince Gill's piano player goes.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I thought mcKenzie Wasner was really good(she was the first one tonight).. I think she's the best one so far.

As for Nikki, she continues to be annoying and it almost seems like Mariah is playing along. I love how so many of the contestants say they grew up idolizing Mariah...

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    I thought mcKenzie Wasner was really good(she was the first one tonight).. I think she's the best one so far.

As for Nikki, she continues to be annoying and it almost seems like Mariah is playing along. I love how so many of the contestants say they grew up idolizing Mariah...
    Mariah's influence is pretty huge.

Concert Stars
    Nicki's taking over the show. I like her, so I don't mind, but my mom thinks she's too much and isn't even gonna get through this episode. So far, I've only liked one contestant, and I don't even think I'd support him through Hollywood week.

On a completely unrelated note, Keith Urban is so adorable.

Concert Stars
    Keith dropping the old flame line was funny.
    That was a good one, but that girl, quirky & strange as she was, was really a great artist. Perhaps the best we have seen yet.

Concert Stars
    Mariah's influence is pretty huge.
    Which will most likely translate, as it has for every season so far, to a bunch of screeching black girls that want to scream their way through a song instead of finding the nuances of the vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post

Actually, Mariah is NOT innocent in this...she knows how to push Nicki's buttons. Mimi needs to stop.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    That was a good one, but that girl, quirky & strange as she was, was really a great artist. Perhaps the best we have seen yet.
    I agree , she was interesting.A shame Idol doesn't like interesting and she'll get axed in Hollywood.
    I also liked ,just because she seemed so sweet and I want to hear more from her ,the 15 year old girl ( Isabelle?).Her voice wasn't the strongest but I loved the tone and she is young so she has room to grow.

Nicki needs to shut up.She is beyond annoying.Who put her in charge?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I really like that girl too.

My wife and I were cracking up when Keith used the old flame line.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Not liking this season so far,mainly because of the judges.

Concert Stars
    I agree that the judges (Nikki) are making too big a scene of themselves. The in-house fighting was kind of silly and awkward the first night but last night was a little meaner and more intentional.
    I can see it getting worse. And not in the cute Simon/Paula way.
    My issues with Nikki were curbed the first night, but lastnight they came back strong. She is entirely too selfish and wishes every moment to be hers. She can't stand the star struck awe that people have towards Mariah and Keith and she takes it out on Mariah in particular.
    At the moment she is "demanding" attention. And it is just kind of annoying. Later it is going to be worse than annoying.
    Because everything she says seems motiviated my her need to be the center of attention, it makes it all seem vacuous and pointless.
    Frankly, no one seems to care what she thinks.
    Now thats not entirely her fault. Truth is: for musicians, Keith is going to mean alot to them. For asspiring singers, Mariah's advice and judgement is going to mean alot to them. Randy is just a fixture that they all want to see cause it makes the whole experience feel more like they are really "on idol".
    But Nikki really has nothing to offer. Except jokes and antics. I think the problem is with the producers choosing someone that the public has no respect for yet. She hasn't earned it. So she really has no role except class clown and class B...h. And she is playing into those roles perfectly. And not to her credit.
    IT looks like next week things get worse. I do know she is wearing the wig she was wearing when she had "the meltdown".
    We'll see how it goes.
    I was ok with lastnight. But I must admit I am one of those who feel like Mariah is being disrespected and I really don't like it.
    YEs, she is getting her jabs in to. But that is mostly because Nikki is trying to run the entire thing and innappropriate slights towards her again and again. And Maraih, as best she can without seeming like a B....h, is coming back at her.
    This would not be happening if Nikki was more respectful.
    Truth: Everyone person who is walking through that door is overwelmed by just being in the same room as one of the most iconic faces in our culture today. That is not their fault. That is the judges fault. They should not have stuck one of the iconic singers of the 21 century next to a desperate pop act and expect people to treat them both the same.
    They are simply not the same.
    It's gonna be a problem.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieroxmysox2011 View Post
    Not liking this season so far,mainly because of the judges.
    That is what remote controls are for.

Concert Stars
    I liked the quirky girl.
    I liked her too. Her attitude was hilarious! lol Refreshing.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I agree that the judges (Nikki) are making too big a scene of themselves. The in-house fighting was kind of silly and awkward the first night but last night was a little meaner and more intentional.
    I can see it getting worse. And not in the cute Simon/Paula way.
    My issues with Nikki were curbed the first night, but lastnight they came back strong. She is entirely too selfish and wishes every moment to be hers. She can't stand the star struck awe that people have towards Mariah and Keith and she takes it out on Mariah in particular.
    At the moment she is "demanding" attention. And it is just kind of annoying. Later it is going to be worse than annoying.
    Because everything she says seems motiviated my her need to be the center of attention, it makes it all seem vacuous and pointless.
    Frankly, no one seems to care what she thinks.
    Now thats not entirely her fault. Truth is: for musicians, Keith is going to mean alot to them. For asspiring singers, Mariah's advice and judgement is going to mean alot to them. Randy is just a fixture that they all want to see cause it makes the whole experience feel more like they are really "on idol".
    But Nikki really has nothing to offer. Except jokes and antics. I think the problem is with the producers choosing someone that the public has no respect for yet. She hasn't earned it. So she really has no role except class clown and class B...h. And she is playing into those roles perfectly. And not to her credit.
    IT looks like next week things get worse. I do know she is wearing the wig she was wearing when she had "the meltdown".
    We'll see how it goes.
    I was ok with lastnight. But I must admit I am one of those who feel like Mariah is being disrespected and I really don't like it.
    YEs, she is getting her jabs in to. But that is mostly because Nikki is trying to run the entire thing and innappropriate slights towards her again and again. And Maraih, as best she can without seeming like a B....h, is coming back at her.
    This would not be happening if Nikki was more respectful.
    Truth: Everyone person who is walking through that door is overwelmed by just being in the same room as one of the most iconic faces in our culture today. That is not their fault. That is the judges fault. They should not have stuck one of the iconic singers of the 21 century next to a desperate pop act and expect people to treat them both the same.
    They are simply not the same.
    It's gonna be a problem.
    I do think Nikki is jealous of the attention Mariah gets. I noticed her face a few times, cringing when people fawned on Mariah.

At times I really do like Nikki's comments. She is sort of refreshing in some ways. lol But she definitely is too strong of a personality in other respects. She is sort of taking over.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Nicki's taking over the show. I like her, so I don't mind, but my mom thinks she's too much and isn't even gonna get through this episode. So far, I've only liked one contestant, and I don't even think I'd support him through Hollywood week.

On a completely unrelated note, Keith Urban is so adorable.
    agree. Keith is perfect. His personality is so great and he is a beautiful man inside and out. lol

I have a love/hate thing with Nikki I think. On the one hand-- her comments are quite interesting and refreshing so I like having her there. She is sort of a breath of fresh air.

But at other times- she is too much. She is the Alpha male almost in the room, and she controls everything. She talks too much and doesn't really give others a chance. So it is going to be a problem. lol

I wish she would stop bringing up Taylor every other minute. lol Getting annoying.

But I loved her when she had crushes on some of the boys as her personality then was really cute. lol

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    But I loved her when she had crushes on some of the boys as her personality then was really cute. lol
    Really? I was like ewwww. I didn't like when Steven did it and I don't like when Nikki does it. I guess I look at it like a job interview and that would really be inappropriate. I guess I'm a prud. lol.

•  
    Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast