Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I think they went alittle "Nikki heavy" and will lay off it alittle more latter.
    Also, I think Mariah is by far the most qualified person up there to discuss singing.
    I don't know yet if she is the kind of person who is good at mentoring and judging, but no one comes close to her experience or talent. So just to be heard by Mariah Carey and get approval for it is huge for these contestants.

Couldn't agree more with you on these views! Especially the Nikki heavy part.. I hope you're right that they lay off that later.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Oh she is definately a diva, thats for sure.
    And truthflly, that may make her ill-equipt to mentor these newbies.
    When you have been in the biz for as long as she has, and been celebrated and upheld the way she has, you can definately lose a sense of commonality.
    I am not saying that is a bad thing, but sometimes it is wrong to assume that a King can relate to paupers.
    She simply may be too far removed and does not commuicate the same way.
    But I still think she offers a great deal. And anything she does have to say should be well considered.
    I personally just don't feel that Nikki is an established enough star to really have alot to offer.
    Sorry, but her celebrity expoded quickly and has now mellowed out. That is not exactly the kind of experience that is going to make her a great mentor.
    Not sure yet.
    I agree that we will hav to wait to see.
    Again, I think Keith is the perfect blend of accomplsihed and still connected to the average person struggling to become an artist.
    I agree about Nicki. I expect a talent judge to have experience, not just hype.
    Good point about Keith. He is very grounded despite his success. I think he truly does care about finding the right person to fill the Idol title.

Concert Stars
    I wish I could "like" you guys.
    (Ah, you know what I mean)

Carrie Guru
    Nicki definitely talked too much last night and I hope they put an end to focusing on the feuding after tonight's show. But what I loved about the judges is the potential that I see in them.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Last night's show was better than I anticipated.
    I agree with others that Nicki does tend to steal the spotlight and talk over the others, so the producers will have to reign her in for the live shows. Hopefully what we saw of Keith last night was just his first time judging jitters. He is such a talented, well-spoken guy that I hope he gets the chance to offer some really great advice to the contestants in the future. Mariah was Mariah...total diva all the time. Randy really didn't get all that much screentime compared to the last few seasons. Hopefully, that continues haha. As I said yesterday, I will reserve full judgement on the panel until the live shows begin.
    The talent that went through was good, but nothing incredibly special so far. I love to see a singer with passion, and I wasn't feeling that from many of the auditions last night.
    I think that once the live shows start Nigel will put the reigns on Nikki since they are on a schedule.

Carrie Guru
    Who is Nikki Minaj ? As for Mariah Carey, I think she has credential to judge Ameriican Idol since she surpassed Elvis Presley for number 1 hits on the charts

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I think that once the live shows start Nigel will put the reigns on Nikki since they are on a schedule.
    He certainly is going to have to make it clear to the judges that they need to make their comments brief on the live shows because with four judges things tend to get a little out of control, and it can take focus from the contestants.

Concert Stars
    Have we heard the ratings yet? That weird, Jimmy Carter was saying they had the lowest ratings for an opening show yet. Windmills answered him by saying that it smoked the Voice and Xfactor.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    He certainly is going to have to make it clear to the judges that they need to make their comments brief on the live shows because with four judges things tend to get a little out of control, and it can take focus from the contestants.
    Nigel should get to use a taser and if any of them start to drone on it is ZAP!!!! lol

Concert Stars
    I feel like Mariah and Keith are both solid choices. If I was going to sing in front of judges and hope for some real soild advice or support, it would certainly be them and not Randy (who can't sing) or Nikki who judges everything in her life the same way me Me ME! ( I personally would not take a word she had to say to heart)
    Simon Cowell wasn't a singer either, though.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Have we heard the ratings yet? That weird, Jimmy Carter was saying they had the lowest ratings for an opening show yet. Windmills answered him by saying that it smoked the Voice and Xfactor.
    Even on AI's worst day, The Voice and TXF cannot compete with it. Which is why I think it's silly when people say AI's dying and The Voice and TXF are taking over.

Concert Stars
    Idol was down 19% from the opener last season.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Even with the drop the show still drew just under 18 mil and crushed everything it was up against.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-i...-last-year.htm

Concert Stars
    ugh how many times is Nikki going to name Drop Taylor Swift. She does it every other contestant, I swear.

Otherwise I am ok with her. But the Taylor references need to stop.

Thank God for Keith Urban as he countered her by mentioning Carrie.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Ok, the quality of the judging panel and their comments went way down when Keith left for his concert.

Concert Stars
    Agree. Glad Keith is back. It just improved. lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    about 18 million, down from last year but still very good. Jimmy Carter seems to trash Idol and Carrie whenever he can. lol

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    about 18 million, down from last year but still very good. Jimmy Carter seems to trash Idol and Carrie whenever he can. lol
    IMO, everything that Carter has to say about AI or Carrie is done with the sole purpose of knowing that Carrie fans will get pissed about it and people continue to fall for his BS.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Keith dropping the old flame line was funny.

Tonight was MUCH better than last night, especially as far as talent goes. Woo!

Plus, I'm just even more in love w/ Nicki every. single. day. <3

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Tonight was MUCH better than last night, especially as far as talent goes. Woo!

Plus, I'm just even more in love w/ Nicki every. single. day. <3
    Nikki talks to much like Paula use to do but unlike Paula, Nikki makes a lot of sense in what she has to say, I don't like her music and but I like what she has shown as a judge.

•  
    Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast