Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Angela Miller was my fave tonight - I'm predicting she'll go far. She has something special about her. Besides her great voice, she also seems like a very down-to-earth, genuine person.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Angela Miller was my fave tonight - I'm predicting she'll go far. She has something special about her. Besides her great voice, she also seems like a very down-to-earth, genuine person.
    I liked her a lot.

Wasn't able to watch the show. How was Randy tonight? Same ole same ole? Lol thanks.

By the way, I read at mjsbigblog that they're closing down the Vote For The Worst site. Site traffic dramatically down, they are no longer able to maintain the site.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I'll concede I'm not a Nikki Minaj fan.. She came across to me as someone who was talking just to talk.. it's like she wanted to get noticed. Of course it coudl be that Idol jsut focused on her comments more.

Angela Miller was the best one tonight I think.

LOVED tonight.

I love the new panel. They all supply something different. Nicki adds some crazy that's need...plus she offers some great advice to the contestants, whether they make it or not.

GO NICKI

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I will not give names for those who don't want spoilers, but there were three on tonight who are in the Top 40.

Concert Stars
    The west coast broadcast is on. Gotta say, so far, I really like Mariah and Nicki, and not just in the trashy sort of way either. Keith hasn't spoken much yet (and when he did, I wished he'd talk more with that beautiful accent).

The montage they had at the beginning of the "good" singers was awful. They had atrocious tones. Hopefully it'll get better. I'm only thirty minutes into the broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I will not give names for those who don't want spoilers, but there were three on tonight who are in the Top 40.
    Where can I find the top 40 list?

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Where can I find the top 40 list?
    Here is the Top 40 Spoilers list for those interested:

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-i...s-revealed.htm

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Nicki just annoys me to no end. She just seems so immature and obnoxious to me.

Keith and Mariah have potential, and Randy is the same as always.

You know, I thought Nicki was going to annoy me more than she did. I actually kind of liked her in some moments. I did think she was a bit too "I like to hear myself talk" (it felt like she talked more than all of the other three judges combined). But overall, she wasn't nearly as bad as I thought she'd be. I just think they need to balance out her airtime vs. the other judges a bit.

I think Keith needs to be a little more opinionated, there were a couple moments where I felt like he wanted to say something but didn't want to be the bad guy (i.e., there was one girl, I think the Mama's Song girl, who it felt like he wanted to say no to, but caved to the pressure from the other judges and said yes). However, I also love his polite ways of saying "you suck" - i.e. "What other skills and talents do you have?" And, yeah, the accent. I could listen to that all day. I love me some Australian accents.

Concert Stars
    So far, I actually like all the other three judges more than Randy. Randy's trying too hard to be Simon. Again. Keith has some good things to say, but Nicki talks over him pretty often unfortunately. Nicki does talk too much, but she's actually a really good judge. And Mariah makes me lol, and I tend to agree with her more often than the other judges.

Keith needs to talk more, though. He keeps starting off by saying something incredibly smart (something that other judges should've said to other people in previous seasons), but then he gets interrupted (sometimes by Randy! Back off, dawg! You bore me).

So far, though, the talent is so blah. I wouldn't've put 95% of these people through, and some of the people they turned down and called horrible were better than the people they put through.

Concert Stars
    I actually was able to tolerate Nikki more than Mariah much to my surprise. Some good ones tonight. I can't get myself to read the spoilers. I'll just wait on that.

Concert Stars
    The whole thing went well.
    I did have moment where I felt like "here we are again", but it did still feel like the good ol' Idol show, so I didn't mind it too much.
    Thank God I feel like they did not change it up so much that it became a circus.
    Like always, I feel like they show us a varity of good singers but then because they choose based on things other than voice we always end up scratching our heads asking "why did you say yes to that one and no to the other one."
    ITs because they already know the demographic of contestants that they need to round out a solid top 10.
    So they show us good singers, but they turn them down saying "they are not ready"! What a silly answer.
    How would you know?
    I really didn't like the fact that they went out and "pulled in a girl" from the outside.
    Particially because I know how hard it was for Carrie to get all the way to the audition with all her doubts and fears, I feel like the only people who should audition are people who were willing to try.
    But then they seemed to sabatoge her audition by telling her to sing an original before she has even opened her mouth, and she ends up screwing it up. And then they don't give her another chance!! Foul!
    Oh well.
    The caddiness between the women I hope does not go long. It's a bad image for women when they are always encouraged to fight with eachother. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they are doing it naturally, but it still is a poor image.
    I am reserving my attitude towards Nikki for a bit longer. I did think she was a scene stealer, but I know she could have been alot worse. I also still know that I don't like the person hiding underneath all that smiling, but as long as she is willing to play nice for the camera, I can deal. I personally do not think she has a shread of anything to bring to real singers. But she knows how to get attention and I guess that is part of being an Idol these days.
    I feel like Mariah and Keith are both solid choices. If I was going to sing in front of judges and hope for some real soild advice or support, it would certainly be them and not Randy (who can't sing) or Nikki who judges everything in her life the same way me Me ME! ( I personally would not take a word she had to say to heart)

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Last night's show was better than I anticipated.
    I agree with others that Nicki does tend to steal the spotlight and talk over the others, so the producers will have to reign her in for the live shows. Hopefully what we saw of Keith last night was just his first time judging jitters. He is such a talented, well-spoken guy that I hope he gets the chance to offer some really great advice to the contestants in the future. Mariah was Mariah...total diva all the time. Randy really didn't get all that much screentime compared to the last few seasons. Hopefully, that continues haha. As I said yesterday, I will reserve full judgement on the panel until the live shows begin.
    The talent that went through was good, but nothing incredibly special so far. I love to see a singer with passion, and I wasn't feeling that from many of the auditions last night.

Concert Stars
    Agree about Keith.
    He is coming across as such a natural artist/musician.
    I to hope he has more time to contribute. I think last night was to establish some of the game rules for the season.
    I think they went alittle "Nikki heavy" and will lay off it alittle more latter.
    Also, I think Mariah is by far the most qualified person up there to discuss singing.
    I don't know yet if she is the kind of person who is good at mentoring and judging, but no one comes close to her experience or talent. So just to be heard by Mariah Carey and get approval for it is huge for these contestants.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Agree about Keith.
    He is coming across as such a natural artist/musician.
    I to hope he has more time to contribute. I think last night was to establish some of the game rules for the season.
    I think they went alittle "Nikki heavy" and will lay off it alittle more latter.
    Also, I think Mariah is by far the most qualified person up there to discuss singing.
    I don't know yet if she is the kind of person who is good at mentoring and judging, but no one comes close to her experience or talent. So just to be heard by Mariah Carey and get approval for it is huge for these contestants.
    Mariah may be qualified, but she is still a diva. I'm not sure she is going to be able to relate to the contestants at this point. Maybe she'll surprise me once things really get going.

Concert Stars
    I actually liked all 4 judges last night as each brings a unique perspective. Nikki talks way too much but I actually found what she had to say interesting and helpful so i surprisingly liked her.

keith is perfect as expected as he is so nice and classy but also heis being tougher on contestants then I expected- so good for him.

mariah is a diva and so is Nikki so they will clash all year lol. But I knew Mariah would be a diva so i am fine with it. Lol she is pretty good so far. Not too mean but not too nice so she is doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    So far, I actually like all the other three judges more than Randy. Randy's trying too hard to be Simon. Again. Keith has some good things to say, but Nicki talks over him pretty often unfortunately. Nicki does talk too much, but she's actually a really good judge. And Mariah makes me lol, and I tend to agree with her more often than the other judges.

Keith needs to talk more, though. He keeps starting off by saying something incredibly smart (something that other judges should've said to other people in previous seasons), but then he gets interrupted (sometimes by Randy! Back off, dawg! You bore me).

So far, though, the talent is so blah. I wouldn't've put 95% of these people through, and some of the people they turned down and called horrible were better than the people they put through.
    Well, only 3 from last night make it to the Top 40, so that's good.

I agree w/ Tee about the 4 judges, they all bring such a new and REFRESHING perspective to the show. I love it. It's just what the show needs. I hope there are some more format changes too.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    Mariah may be qualified, but she is still a diva. I'm not sure she is going to be able to relate to the contestants at this point. Maybe she'll surprise me once things really get going.
    Oh she is definately a diva, thats for sure.
    And truthflly, that may make her ill-equipt to mentor these newbies.
    When you have been in the biz for as long as she has, and been celebrated and upheld the way she has, you can definately lose a sense of commonality.
    I am not saying that is a bad thing, but sometimes it is wrong to assume that a King can relate to paupers.
    She simply may be too far removed and does not commuicate the same way.
    But I still think she offers a great deal. And anything she does have to say should be well considered.
    I personally just don't feel that Nikki is an established enough star to really have alot to offer.
    Sorry, but her celebrity expoded quickly and has now mellowed out. That is not exactly the kind of experience that is going to make her a great mentor.
    Not sure yet.
    I agree that we will hav to wait to see.
    Again, I think Keith is the perfect blend of accomplsihed and still connected to the average person struggling to become an artist.

•  
    Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast