Page 23 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by desubear View Post
    Why shouldnt amber move on?
    Thought she was average and was WAY overpimped by the judges.

Hil
    The only two people I could see myself purchasing an album from, based on what we've heard so far, would be Kree and Angela... so I split the votes 25 25....

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    The only two people I could see myself purchasing an album from, based on what we've heard so far, would be Kree and Angela... so I split the votes 25 25....
    Angela has a lot of talent for being 18.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    yea, that's what kind of stinks about this show....all of them are talented. But it's like Jennifer Hudson is crazy talented, but I'd probably never buy her album. I just don't listen to that kind of music...so I guess it's all about personal preference. Just a lot of people have to have the same personal preference to win. ha.
    bearball49 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    From Randy's comments it sure sounds like there will be at least one wildcard.

I thought that Nicki was GREAT tonight.

Here is what I think will happen with the girls.

Should move on- Angie, Aubrey, Candice, Janelle & Kree
    Will move on - Amber, Angie, Candice, Kree & Zoanette

There is no way in hell that Zoanette should move on but there a lot of people who like her and I think that she gets the votes to get in the Top 10.
    And Zoanette getting through will be the excuse that they need to have a wildcard. Angie and Kree were the best tonight but I'd say Janelle was good as well.
    If they don't get rid of Zoanette on Thursday she will stick around for a LONG time becuase it's much easier to stick around when only 1 of 10 or 1 of 11 go home as opposed to 50% of them.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    And Zoanette getting through will be the excuse that they need to have a wildcard. Angie and Kree were the best tonight but I'd say Janelle was good as well.
    If they don't get rid of Zoanette on Thursday she will stick around for a LONG time becuase it's much easier to stick around when only 1 of 10 or 1 of 11 go home as opposed to 50% of them.
    exactly and that way Idol can have it's cake and eat it too.

Idol deserves Zoanette sticking around.I love her wild self but she's no singer in the mode Idol s looking for and should never have gone to Hollywood after that NA audition.

Most the girls were ok, none outstanding.Watching Amber,who was good, I got the feeling that a song like that,sung that way is all she can do.We'll see - if she makes it through.
    To get that female winner the girls have to vastly step up their games.And ditch the ballads next week please!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Angela's only 18?
    I thought she was much older.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Idol deserves Zoanette sticking around.I love her wild self but she's no singer in the mode Idol s looking for and should never have gone to Hollywood after that NA audition.
    Great post and absolutely accurate... Zoanette never should have gotten this far and now Idol risks her sticking around for a long time and if she does critics of Idol will laugh bigtime.

Concert Stars
    Well I have pretty mixed feelings about lastnight. The first half was really weak. Including Janelle, it truely sounded like a talent night at a local highschool. (if that is what you ended up with out of 100,000 singers, you did a terrible job of judging.

But the ones that stand out, stand out in a big way: Kree, Angela, Amber were really the ones to carry the show. I admit I fell asleep (2 hours is just too log to listen to average singers sing) before hearing the last girl. And I usually like her, but I have a felling that she delivers basically the same vocal every week so I don't feel I missed a whole lot. But I already know she deserves a spot in the top 10, so I hope she gets that.

Otherwise, I am ready for most of them to go.
    And the openner, which I promised I would not comment on, was exactly what Idol needs to put itself into "revelance-jeopardy".

I hope the "50 votes" system is used en-mass by the "Vote-for-the-worst crew" for the openning girl!!

Concert Stars
    I thought the first half was a complete snooze fest for the most part. The best tonight in my opinion was Candace and I hope and pray that the following are chosen to continue on: Kree, Angela, Amber, Candace and either Breanna or Janelle in the last spot.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I thought the first half was a complete snooze fest for the most part. The best tonight in my opinion was Candace and I hope and pray that the following are chosen to continue on: Kree, Angela, Amber, Candace and either Breanna or Janelle in the last spot.
    I would be really surprised if the first four you have listed don't get voted through, I think that Janelle deserves to get through but I have a feeling that she is going to get left out of the vote, she could still get a wildcard spot.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    Angie and Kree very well could be the final 2, at this point if she can attract a fan base and I think that she will Kree is the one to beat.

Concert Stars
    I'm a littel surprised by the soport of Janelle here. I am not sure what y'all think she is doing that deserves to be on the top 10 of American Idol.

I do think she has a tone and potencial. But if you believe that AI should be won on "performances", she keeps delivering weak ones. Lastnight only hinted at potencial. It did not show anyone who deserves to be in the top 10.

Insane Carrie Fan
    I don't know how you guys feel about Adriana but I was super disappointed by her performance last night. By last week's performance, I would have pegged her among the top five girls but a horrid song choice destroyed everything. :/

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Last night wasn't the best Idol show I've ever seen, but it certainly wasn't the worst either. Overall, it was a rather boring evening, but, for the most part, the singing was decent with a few standouts.
    While I posted my support for Zoanette's performance last week, I can't say the same this week. She was a mess vocally, and on top of that she was boring compared to previous efforts. I still think there is a chance America keeps her around, but I don't see her staying long.
    Breanna was solid, but nothing outstanding. I didn't really understand the song choice. Aubrey was the same way for me.
    I keep wanting Janelle to be better. I don't know if it has been her song choices or something else, but something just isn't jiving for me at this point. I wouldn't be upset if she stuck around though to prove herself.
    Tenna needs to go home. She tried last night, but she got it all wrong.
    Angie is a talented woman, but there is just something about her that I don't like. It doesn't help that she sang a Colton Dixon song last night (I can't stand that guy). She will undoubtedly be safe though as she has received massive pimping from the show up to this point.
    I loved Amber last night. She may not have been a terribly exciting performer, but she has the vocal chops to do well. I think with a bit more experience on that big stage, she could be a dark horse this year.
    Kree is phenomenal, and something truly refreshing for Idol. I hope that the show doesn't do anything stupid to screw her over.
    Adriana blew it last night with her pageant look, stiff performance and ballad song choice. All wrong moves for females on the Idol stage it seems.
    Candice wowed me. I wasn't blown away last week by her Natural Woman performance, but this week I see how she could actually fit in the music landscape.

I think we will see Kree, Angie, Candice, Amber and Zoanette go through tomorrow. However, I think Janelle or Aubrey deserve Zoanette's spot.

I hope the guys do a better job this week than they have the past few weeks because if they don't, it's going to be a long 2 hours . I'm pretty much rooting for anyone but Paul tonight .
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I will fall out of my chair if Paul gets stuck going first tonight. lol

Junior Carrie Follower desubear's Avatar
    Thought she was average and was WAY overpimped by the judges.
    oml you are cray. . whatever. opinions will be opinions.

Junior Carrie Follower desubear's Avatar
    Amber Holcomb Performs: Sudden Death Round - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 12 - YouTube you cannot tell me angela deserves this more than her. (im probably being biased because angela reminds me of SWSRN for some reason but just with a lot more talent)

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by desubear View Post
    oml you are cray. . whatever. opinions will be opinions.
    IMO, she is nothing more than this year's resident Mariah/Whitney/Celine that is on the show every year, she will make the Top 10 have a moment or two and be out by time the show gets to the Top 5.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Tonight showed once again IMO that there is little chance a guy wins this year, I don't know what happened to Vincent tonight other than he let the moment get to him and he choked away a chance to be in the Top 10.

Here goes nothing. lol

Should - Burnell, Curtis, Devin, Lazaro & Nick
    Will - Burnell, Curtis, Devin, Lazaro & Paul

•  
    Page 23 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast