Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    It's hard to believe that Season 12 is starting tomorrow night, it sure doesn't seem like the show has been on that long.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-i...ing-begins.htm

Here is the schedule up until the live voting starts.

Concert Stars
    As Rod Stewart sang:

Tonight's The Night

Concert Stars
    Alright Alright!
    I'll be honest....
    I am not sure I would be watching this season if my partner was not pushing for it.
    He loves trash TV. Honey Boo Boo / Shahs of Hollywood / Snookie........ all of it.
    I really don't. And I have been really concerned coming into this season that Minaje (or what ever shes called) is going to just bring the whole thing to a Trash Tv level.
    I mean I really don't like her being there at all.
    But alas, I am stuck watching it.
    So I pray against hope, that it is going to be about contestants and finding a really great American Idol.
    "We Shall See"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Alright Alright!
    I'll be honest....
    I am not sure I would be watching this season if my partner was not pushing for it.
    He loves trash TV. Honey Boo Boo / Shahs of Hollywood / Snookie........ all of it.
    I really don't. And I have been really concerned coming into this season that Minaje (or what ever shes called) is going to just bring the whole thing to a Trash Tv level.
    I mean I really don't like her being there at all.
    But alas, I am stuck watching it.
    So I pray against hope, that it is going to be about contestants and finding a really great American Idol.
    "We Shall See"!!!
    Actually, I've been watching all the previews (a new one was released yesterday) and I'm super excited for Minaj on the show. Based on what I've seen, she's gonna breath new life into this dying show. WOO.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Actually, I've been watching all the previews (a new one was released yesterday) and I'm super excited for Minaj on the show. Based on what I've seen, she's gonna breath new life into this dying show. WOO.
    Everything that I have seen from people in the media who have seen the first two shows love Nikki and say that she is great.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    Everything that I have seen from people in the media who have seen the first two shows love Nikki and say that she is great.
    Yea, MJ did a whole post from industry folk who were watching it, saying Nicki was great. I'm hoping she's honest with the contestants. That's something that drove me crazy the past few years. The judges kept telling everyone they were great...that's boring. At least Nicki will be entertaining. lol

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Yea, MJ did a whole post from industry folk who were watching it, saying Nicki was great. I'm hoping she's honest with the contestants. That's something that drove me crazy the past few years. The judges kept telling everyone they were great...that's boring. At least Nicki will be entertaining. lol
    Ok, so there is one bright side that I can agree with.
    I am not the least bit interested in hearing the judges tell every person who stands at that mic that they are great!
    IF Nik can come real with some of this, than I will at least not be "yelling" at the screen like I did so much last year.

And I have been paying attention to the "change" in positioning that they have taken in "promoting" the show. They seem to have completely changed gears in the way they are selling her.
    and just cause she can "play" nice, doesn't mean she is.
    What I did see was who she really is. And I am not a fan of mean people who yell obscenities at innocent bystanders who are just trying to do their jobs.
    So I am still reserved.........

Concert Stars
    I am super excited!! I find Nicki interesting so I think it will be fun, And I love Keith!!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I will definitely be watching, but I'm reserving judgement on the new panel until the live shows get underway. Steven and JLo showed great promise in the audition shows, yet couldn't deliver under the pressure of live television. I hope that Nicki, Mariah and Keith fare a bit better. Keith is a really knowledgable, well spoken individual, so I have high hopes for his critiques. For all the talk about Nicki, I have high hopes for her as well. I'm honestly not expecting much from Mariah nor Randy. Randy has been useless the last few seasons with his unfair critiques.

Carrie Guru
    Yay, almost time for Keith in my living room

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Yay, almost time for Keith in my living room
    Yeah, but look to the other side of the couch & there sits The Dawg!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Yeah, but look to the other side of the couch & there sits The Dawg!
    lol. I can't figure out why they kept Randy

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    lol. I can't figure out why they kept Randy
    I think that if they could have found someone else who is a name producer he would have been gone.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I think that if they could have found someone else who is a name producer he would have been gone.
    I guess Jimmy wouldn't look so smart if he had to critique immediately after the performance. lol.

I just hope that the judges comments don't take too long with four of them.

Concert Stars
    Agreed.
    I suspect the audition rounds to be alot of hi-jinx and shinanigans with the judges.

Concert Stars
    Keith is the best of the new judges-- hands down. lol Love him already and it just got going.

Mariah is doing well to be fair. Nikki is sort of out there but she gave a few good comments. The bickering gets annoying, but I do like this panel so far.

Should be a good year!

Feels good that Idol is back!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I just tuned in via an online stream because my stupid tv isn't working I guess I will watch the first 50 minutes I missed tomorrow somewhere but this live stream is good quality so I'm ok for now. All I saw so far was the Jessica guitar girl they said no to because she isn't ready.

Carrie Guru
    I was really impressed with the show. It was a good mix of judges bickering, joke contestants, sob stories and successful auditions. I'm glad they didn't feel they had to bring back the mean spiritness (that's probably not a word) to get the ratings. I agree with Tee, Keith is the best judge however I'm kind of biased. lol.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I thought for sure that Keith would be very insightful which he was and I was surprised at how insightful that Nikki is, all of that might change when the live show starts but I liked what I seen tonight.

•  
    Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast