Page 19 of 123 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I kind of loved Zoanette tonight. She really is an interesting performer, and a solid instrument if she learns how to reign it in.
    maddkat and Pitocco like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I was really surprised with the vocals of one the girls and really disappointed with another one of the girls.

Ok, I have to give Zoanette credit that was actually pretty good and I with Meg on Zoanette she has a solid instrument but goodness is she raw.

I totally agree with 3 of the judges picks, would have took one or the other at the end of the show and there is one that I would have took over one of the girls who go through, will say who after everyone has seen the show.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I totally agree with 3 of the judges picks, would have took one or the other at the end of the show and there is one that I would have took over one of the girls who go through, will say who after everyone has seen the show.
    I had to laugh at this sentence.. Maybe it's late but that's alot of words to say you would have taken 2 different women then the judges picked!

As for Zoanette, I'll agree she was good tonight but I'm never going to take her seriously.. You don't sing the National Anthem at your original audition if you're serious about the competition and I still think the judges had to know or hear something more then just her original audition because there is no way she deserved to get through to Hollywood based on that initial performance. I really hope she doesn't last long but I have a feeling she'll have a fanbase that will keep her around way to long.
    JB172 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    I can't understand the love for Zoanette. I think she's awful and I can't really get over the fact that she made a mockery of this being a "singing" show in every prior performance and she still makes it to the live shows. That's what X-factor is for not American Idol.

For me, Janelle was a disappointment, everything that made her special was missing in her performance tonight. But I'm glad she got through so she'll get another chance.

I really liked Juliana but it's obvious that she's not ready as yet.
    Last edited by opry051008; 02-28-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Carrie Guru
    I would be REALLY surprised if a girl doesn't win this year.

IMO there are 3 to 4 if not more girls who are the show this year who are better than any female that has been on the show since Jordin won.
    Even though the girls have been far superior at this point in the competition, I still don't see a girl with the "it" factor. So I'm going to wait for a few performance shows in before I have any confidence that a girl will win.
    maddkat and pklongbeach like this.

Concert Stars
    It was really obvious last night that they would save the 2 Country singers for the end & put them up against each other for the last chair. And it was pretty obvious which one of the two they would save. It was also more than obvious that they were going to save Candice & that mess of a woman named Zoanette, good lord she is Fantasia on steroids. In their attempt to get away from a WGWG winner, they have stacked the deck with black women, there are hundreds of them, & they are going to be fighting for votes from the same demographic. So, may the best one be left standing & hopefully that isn't the wild woman of Borneo. I liked both of the girls that made it through that Nikki said should form a band, I don't think I agree with that assessment but they are both really good.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Even though the girls have been far superior at this point in the competition, I still don't see a girl with the "it" factor. So I'm going to wait for a few performance shows in before I have any confidence that a girl will win.
    Not only do I think that a female will win, I think that the finale will be a all female finale.

The guys they put through last week and I know who went through last night will not win.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Phillip Phillip's "Gone Gone Gone" Named American Idol Goodbye Song! | American Idol, Phillip Phillips | mjsbigblog

I thought that he would get the go home song and this is a really good choice.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I would have sent through Aubrey, Breanna & Candice.

I didn't know that Breanna had that in her and what a diappointment Cristabel was.

There isn't much difference between Janelle & Rachel, so whatever one they would have took would have been fine with me, Rachel was better last night IMO but Janelle has been better though the other rounds.

I would have took Jett over Zonanette, I am really interested to see what happens next Thursday and see if Nigel has been telling the truth about the number of finalist.

Concert Stars
    Well, now that Zoanette is through I am going to refrain from commenting on her entirely. Reason being you can't win with someone like her. Its a love/hate thing. And for any who choose to hate they will only be labeled racist bastards with no heart and no pity for the plight of Nations across this great planet blah blah blah blah......!
    When the truth is for me, they put people like that through to mock and snicker at. And where is the compassion in that??
    When Nigel says "makes for good tv" he means someone you can laugh at.
    And I think it is a complete waste of time in a serious competition. And better singers are always get sent home. And those are the ones I am having compassion for. Not the joke that the producers set up, and want me to laugh at. I refuse!
    So that is it in a nutshell for me. I'm gonna refrain from commenting on her. Ok and ok.

As for the others. I guess I am kind of disappointed. Just in that I thought the girls were really going to shine. And they were good. And of course the one black girl is "really" good. But no Star power.
    I would have keep the Taylor-esque girl (which is an insult to her cause she is a much better singer than Taylor.) And I probably would have given "the mohawk" girl another shot.
    They sent two through that were "current" but all that usually means is that they, like Nikki, are all image and no talent. Funny how those are the ones she always clings to.

One exceptional singer lastnight.
    (and I am suddenly scared for tonight).

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I would have sent through Aubrey, Breanna & Candice.

I didn't know that Breanna had that in her and what a diappointment Cristabel was.

There isn't much difference between Janelle & Rachel, so whatever one they would have took would have been fine with me, Rachel was better last night IMO but Janelle has been better though the other rounds.

I would have took Jett over Zonanette, I am really interested to see what happens next Thursday and see if Nigel has been telling the truth about the number of finalist.
    I agree. Janelle stands a better chance, I think, simply because people may relate to her a bit more than Rachel. Rachel seemed a little too perfect. She is exactly the type of female we have seen picked off early in this competition many times before.
    As for the number of finalists, unless they are holding the finale sooner than normal, they have to have something planned. My guess is that they will play it off like they had planned to have only 10, but then the judges reconsidered a previous decision or will have strongly disagreed with the public vote or some nonsense and we will end up with a top 11, 12, or 13. All I know is that if they add extra finalists, it had better be more women than men. In previous seasons, they have had the chance to have more women than men in the competition, yet inexplicably chose more men as wildcards.

Carrie Guru
    Not only do I think that a female will win, I think that the finale will be a all female finale.

The guys they put through last week and I know who went through last night will not win.
    Oh oh, I guess I won't get my hopes up that tonight will be better than last week's round of guys.

I sure hope you're right Jim. I'm just sad that an all female finale couldn't happen without the AI producers so blatantly stacking the deck.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I agree. Janelle stands a better chance, I think, simply because people may relate to her a bit more than Rachel. Rachel seemed a little too perfect. She is exactly the type of female we have seen picked off early in this competition many times before.
    As for the number of finalists, unless they are holding the finale sooner than normal, they have to have something planned. My guess is that they will play it off like they had planned to have only 10, but then the judges reconsidered a previous decision or will have strongly disagreed with the public vote or some nonsense and we will end up with a top 11, 12, or 13. All I know is that if they add extra finalists, it had better be more women than men. In previous seasons, they have had the chance to have more women than men in the competition, yet inexplicably chose more men as wildcards.
    I do know if I buy what Nigel has been selling either, I haven't heard if the save is still in play but if it is that would have the season ending on May 15th or 16th depending on if they went to a Wed. or Thu. finale night.

I guess that would get them close enough to when the season usually ends, if they do have more than 10 I would be stunned if there are more males than females.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Oh oh, I guess I won't get my hopes up that tonight will be better than last week's round of guys.

I sure hope you're right Jim. I'm just sad that an all female finale couldn't happen without the AI producers so blatantly stacking the deck.
    Out of the ten guys who are through to the semi-finals next week there are two who I think could sneak into the finale but I don't think that either of them could beat a handful of the girls that are left.

Tonight's group of guys are better than the ones who got through last week IMO but there might be one guy left who could attract the voters who will vote for the guy more because they think that he is cute than what he actually can do on stage.
    opry051008 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The five that got put through and the same five I would have put through.

There is a local ET type of show that airs during the week on the Miami Fox station and the male host is the same guy who does the AI recap every week and during the entertainment show tonight he was talking about tonight's AI and said "watch as the judges continue to stack the deck to get a female winner this season".
    jimshoe and maddkat like this.

Carrie Guru
    The five that got put through and the same five I would have put through.

There is a local ET type of show that airs during the week on the Miami Fox station and the male host is the same guy who does the AI recap every week and during the entertainment show tonight he was talking about tonight's AI and said "watch as the judges continue to stack the deck to get a female winner this season".
    They didn't just get rid of the guitar's, they got rid of most of the white guys. lol.

I would have put through Bryant. He has a beautiful tone to his voice.
    JB172 and pklongbeach like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I agree with JB Idol is dong whatever it can to try and get a female winner. From the guys they put through to Hollywood to last night.If Paul Jolley pulls out a guitar next week he'll foil their plans and become the winner!lol

Last night was the worst of the 4 sudden death shows and thats saying something.Still waiting for someone male or female to show a spark of the 'it' factor.So far Zoanette has ocome closest.
    JB172 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I haven't been thrilled with the sudden death rounds at all. Not a single solitary one of them stood out in a wonderful way for me. I to this day couldn't tell you who sang what. That's sad! I can't even remember his name but I guess tonight's best performance in my own mind was the guy that drove from Austin to San Antonio for his audition. Only thing I remember is that he's a church leader.

Concert Stars
    I thought the guys were better this week than last week, but I thought last week was the worst show ever so they didn't have far to go. Next week is going to be brutal. Not only do they cut to 10 but the ones remaining will be your Idol tour & the rest are out to pasture. I just hope one of the cutees is Zoanette. I reckon I am in the Kree camp this year. Time for a girl & she has impressed me the most.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I am thus far so UNINTERESTED in this season. No one has stood out to me as having that 'it' factor that Simon described oh so many years ago that Carrie had. Hope it gets better otherwise I think they've lost me for the season.

•