Page 15 of 123 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Concert Stars
    Why in the world was Zoanetta put through? I don't get it. They keep saying they are looking for a star? That girl is anything but!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Why in the world was Zoanetta put through? I don't get it. They keep saying they are looking for a star? That girl is anything but!
    they're just looking for ratings and for whatever reason they think a train wreck making it though will draw viewers

Not impressed with the girls so far. Ugh.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    As maddkat said Zoanetta is just for show.

Oh, and I didn't even miss Randy when he was gone lol. I would've been just fine with just Keith, Nicki, and Mariah as judges.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I think there's a problem with my tv. The sounds coming from it doesn't seem to be the same sounds the judges are hearing. I agree with Donna, I can't believe some of these girls were put through.

When Janelle started singing I thought holy cow, does she ever sound like Reba.

I haven't seen a Carrie in the bunch so I'm expecting a guy to win this year.

SYA was just perfect for that segment and it sounded sooooo good.
    Janelle does sound like Reba.

I still think that a female is going to win this year.

I'm so glad to see that the judges have been great throughout Hollywood week so far! PLEASE continue to be like this during live shows! When there's no silly drama between those two ladies, they are effective judges! And I love that the judges actually don't agree with each other about some contestants. Makes things interesting.

My fave contestants so far are Rachel Hale and Janelle Arthur. (none of the boys stood out for me). Rachel has that likeability factor imo, not to mention her voice is great too.

And I totally agree with SYA as the exit song!!! It fits so well! They can even make that as a single... that would give BA album a big boost

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    As much of a bad time that I've given Nikki so far I must say she did have the best moment for a judge so far this season. When she wrote "They Suck" on her hand to the people who were writing the words on their hands I busted out laughing. A truly funny moment!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    My guess is that the "exit song" will be done by Phillip.

Concert Stars
    My issue with Nikki remains the same: She is intentionally contrary and it undermines the process.
    It is disloyal to the other jduges and disloyal to the show it self.

She intentionally sides with bad singers just to get on the judges nerves and she intentionally discredits good singers just to standout herself.
    She can't possibly sing as well as most of these women, but identifies with the freaks and geeks (I say that with affection).
    It underpins the process this early on.
    But aside from her; Mariah is becoming completely useless, and Keith really needs Randys guts when it comes to telling people that they were not good enough!
    I actually appreciated when he came back cause it was more like "what the hell is going on around here, that was awful!!"
    Thank you Jesus!!

finally when they put through whackos for drama, I am immeiately reminded that better people have to leave without being given a better chance. The producers do it on purpose, and it reduces the show to a "reality freakshow".
    I don't watch X Factor or AGT for this reason. I wish they wouldn't do it here.

(I loved hearing SYA lastnight., I thought it fit in great. As one of my favorites from the album I was thrilled to hear it highlighted.)

Concert Stars
    Janelle just sang I TOLD YOU SO.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ and it was mediocre at best.

Angela just became the front runner with that original song of hers. That was amazing

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    My favorites so far are Rachel and Janelle. I liked Janelle doing I Told You So

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    The original that Angela did was very, very good.

I am really interested to see how next two weeks play out.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I still think that a female is going to win this year.
    I hope that you're right and I'm wrong but the reason that I'm discouraged is even though all these ladies can sing, I don't see any lady so far with the "it" factor. I loved Carrie from the moment she appeared on my tv.

No matter what we think of Zoanetta, it looks like all the other contestants love her personality. But please don't let her make the top 20.

Janelle was a disappointment with I Told You So. I love her voice but I don't see what Nikki sees that makes her a superstar?

I'm so disappointed that they didn't show the performance of the girl who sang Carrie's CC before she got booted yesterday. I really liked her.

What's the story with Kez? It appeared to me that she decided it was time to go home and that's why we got what we got as a song and then the judges decided on her by herself and not in a line?

I don't know if I have Idol fatigue but I'm a little disappointed in the show so far this year.

Concert Stars
    Zoanette in the Top 20 is sort of like aVW beetle being named best in the luxury car class. Something is amiss. The girl absolutely has no chance & must not make it out of Las Vegas. Time to wobble off into the sunset.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I hope that you're right and I'm wrong but the reason that I'm discouraged is even though all these ladies can sing, I don't see any lady so far with the "it" factor. I loved Carrie from the moment she appeared on my tv.

No matter what we think of Zoanetta, it looks like all the other contestants love her personality. But please don't let her make the top 20.

Janelle was a disappointment with I Told You So. I love her voice but I don't see what Nikki sees that makes her a superstar?

I'm so disappointed that they didn't show the performance of the girl who sang Carrie's CC before she got booted yesterday. I really liked her.

What's the story with Kez? It appeared to me that she decided it was time to go home and that's why we got what we got as a song and then the judges decided on her by herself and not in a line?

I don't know if I have Idol fatigue but I'm a little disappointed in the show so far this year.
    I think Zoanette and Kez were both signed on by Idol for entertainment purposes. Kez fulfilled her usefulness and went home.Z still has another show to do.Wonder how much they were paid?

Janelle is really dime a dozen ,we see a bunch just like her every year.Good voice ,no star quality.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Zoanette in the Top 20 is sort of like aVW beetle being named best in the luxury car class. Something is amiss. The girl absolutely has no chance & must not make it out of Las Vegas. Time to wobble off into the sunset.
    I don't know if it will happen but I wouldn't be surprised if she made it to the semi-finals.

Concert Stars
    Zoanette has a really good voice, she just doesn't know how to control it or she has just chosen not to, so far.

Concert Stars
    I do think Angela's original song was amazing. Not only did the song fit her voice, the song itself had an amazing melody.

•