Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Some of the guys were really good. I really like Charlie Askew. I have to ask though, we didn't see his performance but JDA was put through. There is being gay & then there is in your face just plain weird. If he were to make it to the voting rounds does anyone truly think the American public will be voting for a guy that wears a veil & glitter? Sorry, I just don't see it.
    Charlie is really good too.

If he makes it to the semi-finals I don't think JDA is going to attract a whole of the public vote either, the small singing time he got during the group round he does have a pretty good voice but there are people who will not vote for him just on his look.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    My favorite performance is Nick Boddington's.
    i highly disagree with Mariah's criticism of Micah Johnson's I Told You So performance. I thought he did a good job. ITYS is a type of song that does not need vocal gymnastics.
    Nick's solo with the keyboard last night was really good.

Concert Stars
    Oh yeah, forgot about Nick Boddington! I really like his tone!

Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ I don't think Mariah really understands singing that does not include run after run after run.
    I wonder what she thinks of Carrie since she's basically runless.lol
    Lol true. And I'm curious if she's ever heard Randy Travis' version, which also contains zero runs lol. He sang it straight and clean, but you can really feel the emotion on his voice.

Concert Stars
    I was really susrprised he left. (I sure hope they have some talent to back up that decission).

I am sure not in the camp that most of you are. I am not feeling any of these guys. There are singers there, yes, but Idols?
    I'm hoping for big things with the girls.

In general, I don't know what to think with some of these choices.
    I can not understand why you would keep the veiled-dude, but get rid of the guy who sang ITYS. (sure they seem heavy on the black guys, but if those are the best singers than put them through). I don't know what "veiled.." sounds like so they don't allow us to know what the heck they are up to.
    And keeping the turbin-guy, no, I have heard him sing enough. Not good enough for this show. And yet they keep him for obvious flavor.
    Stuff like that really bugs!
    Oh well. They are still holding back showing us all of what the guys have so there is just no way to judge anything.
    We'll have to wait and see.
    But again, I am sure praying for the girls!!

My eyebrow was raised when Papa Peaches, after he was eliminated, commented "I just don't like singing other people's songs". Really, Papa Peaches??? The attitude was off-putting.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    My eyebrow was raised when Papa Peaches, after he was eliminated, commented "I just don't like singing other people's songs". Really, Papa Peaches??? The attitude was off-putting.
    I don't like him singing other peoples songs either!

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I don't like him singing other peoples songs either!

Lol!

Concert Stars
    Ughh....I agree with both of you.....never cared for his voice from the get-go!

I need to be BFF's with Nicki already. She was awesomely on point last night with her critiques. Ruthless? Yes, but we FINALLY have a judge who has an opinion. I get severely annoyed when the panel would only say nice things about every singer like they're a gift to mankind.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    I need to be BFF's with Nicki already. She was awesomely on point last night with her critiques. Ruthless? Yes, but we FINALLY have a judge who has an opinion. I get severely annoyed when the panel would only say nice things about every singer like they're a gift to mankind.
    I think that she is REALLY good, she can talk a little bit to much at times and the eye rolling fest that her & Mariah have at times doesn't need to be going on but she is direct with the contestants which is what a lot of people have been wanting from a judge on the show.

Concert Stars
    I think the least effective judge this year is Randy to be honest. He's more of a mediator than a judge.

^^Agree. Actually, I think he's been ineffective as a judge these past few years, lol.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I think that she is REALLY good, she can talk a little bit to much at times and the eye rolling fest that her & Mariah have at times doesn't need to be going on but she is direct with the contestants which is what a lot of people have been wanting from a judge on the show.
    Like!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    They just played Carrie's "See You Again" on Idol.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ it needs to be the exit song!

For all the touting of the girls they've been doing for weeks I wasn't overly impressed tonight.
    Some they put through were just awful. None really stood out as a potential AI.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I like Angela, Cristabel, Janelle and Rachel.

I love Shubha

Kez Ban is just plain crazy, but the girl does have some talent.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    ^ it needs to be the exit song!

For all the touting of the girls they've been doing for weeks I wasn't overly impressed tonight.
    Some they put through were just awful. None really stood out as a potential AI.
    I would love if SYA were the exit song for Idol and Carrie got to perform it at the end of the season.

Carrie Guru
    I think there's a problem with my tv. The sounds coming from it doesn't seem to be the same sounds the judges are hearing. I agree with Donna, I can't believe some of these girls were put through.

When Janelle started singing I thought holy cow, does she ever sound like Reba.

I haven't seen a Carrie in the bunch so I'm expecting a guy to win this year.

SYA was just perfect for that segment and it sounded sooooo good.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nanook View Post
    I would love if SYA were the exit song for Idol and Carrie got to perform it at the end of the season.
    YES YES YES.

Best idea ever. Carrie has to sing that song live. She just has to.

•