Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    And some went through when they clearly didn't deserve to.. I did like the twist because otherwise some of the contestants can have their gorups picks out much earlier in advance.. this puts everyone on a more even keel.

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Mariah's so awkward when she tells people they're not continuing.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreams1818 View Post
    Mariah's so awkward when she tells people they're not continuing.
    She clearly doesn't like doing it and crushing the dreams of people.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    And some went through when they clearly didn't deserve to.. I did like the twist because otherwise some of the contestants can have their gorups picks out much earlier in advance.. this puts everyone on a more even keel.
    I really like the separation of the girls and guys until the finals start.

I have known the Top 20 of both genders for quite a while now and I was surprised that some got sent home in the audition rounds instead of guys who made the Top 20, it will be interesting to see who goes on from the Top 20 into the semifinal rounds for the guys.

Concert Stars
    So I always like the Hollywood rouunds. Here is where it gets real.
    These contestants are basically auditioning for a variety show that requires them to sing many styles of music and memorize music quickly. They need to be able to harmonize and blend. Stand out, but also look like part of the family.

Alot doen't make it cause they have no idea what they are being asked to participate in. I feel bad for those ones. The guy from the bus. The 16 yr.old who looks like a little kid. You know they are not going to make it, so putting them through it seems cruel. But I guess going to Hollywood and being a part of it all is its own reward.

I am not liking the guys at all. Part of me wonders if it is intentional on the part of the producers. I see no WGWG as far as the eye can see.
    I am seeing alot of guys going through that are clearly not on par, just for color. And others that are leaving that felt untaped. But I know alot goes on behind the camera so I don't get too invested at this point.

No one stands out right now at all for me. A few black guys are good. But I prefer tone over shout, and I am hearing alot of shouting.

Finally, I am feeling further and further removed from the judges. Even Keith, who I started out likeing, just seems so oddly placed in this group of people who do not seem to like eachother on a chemestry level. They are reasonably friendly, but that is about it. And I think because they all have their own careers, they treat the show like it is a stop on the way home from work.
    Back in the day, the show seemed like it was important to the judges. Like it was really thier job and they loved what they did. This does not feel that way at all. It hasn't for a while, but this year it feels more fractured then ever.
    But this is the only reality competition I watch so maybe that is how it feels now. But I miss the cohesiveness of a group of judges working to find their new star.
    And, of course, Nikki is by far the worst for me. I actually think she is the alienating force that keeps them apart as a cohesive team. She prides herself on being seperatist/elitist/complicated/unique/misunderstood/above all...........
    And she just comes across as detached and disinterested most of the time. Which makes it very difficult for me to take it seriously when you have someone rolling thier eyes in the corner all the time, or saying "I Love You So Much" in the fakest possible way, intentionally to throw people off balance. Its just distracting.
    And this role she pretends to play as "queen of the freaks and geeks" is completely fake-a.. also.
    She would not give Papa-peaches the time of day on the street. Please don't play silly games Nikki!!
    (ok, so she is driving me nuts, I guess thats just all there is to it, ha ha....)

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    I really like the separation of the girls and guys until the finals start.

I have known the Top 20 of both genders for quite a while now and I was surprised that some got sent home in the audition rounds instead of guys who made the Top 20, it will be interesting to see who goes on from the Top 20 into the semifinal rounds for the guys.

I love splitting them up as well... great idea from the producers

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    And, of course, Nikki is by far the worst for me. I actually think she is the alienating force that keeps them apart as a cohesive team. She prides herself on being seperatist/elitist/complicated/unique/misunderstood/above all...........
    And she just comes across as detached and disinterested most of the time. Which makes it very difficult for me to take it seriously when you have someone rolling thier eyes in the corner all the time, or saying "I Love You So Much" in the fakest possible way, intentionally to throw people off balance. Its just distracting.
    And this role she pretends to play as "queen of the freaks and geeks" is completely fake-a.. also.
    She would not give Papa-peaches the time of day on the street. Please don't play silly games Nikki!!
    (ok, so she is driving me nuts, I guess thats just all there is to it, ha ha....)
    I love your assessment of Nikki... I think she's drivinig alot of people nuts and she does come across as fake alot.

Concert Stars
    Personally I have been shockingly pleasantly surprised by Nikki. I think she has some of the most on point comments of all the judges.

I like the division of boys & girls & I liked the twist of the producers picking the groups. But, group night has always been my least night favorite of all.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Personally I have been shockingly pleasantly surprised by Nikki. I think she has some of the most on point comments of all the judges.

I like the division of boys & girls & I liked the twist of the producers picking the groups. But, group night has always been my least night favorite of all.
    Ron, I am in the same boat as you are when it comes to Nikki.

She does talk to much at times but she doesn't mince words and says how she feels, Keith does a good job too, Randy is just Randy and Mariah seems like she doesn't want to hurt people's feelings and IMO it effects her being a judge.

Concert Stars
    A guy named Jolly sang Blown Away on Idol tonight! He did well and made it through. Good voice!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    A lot of the guys really stepped up tonight.

Devin is really good, I LOVED the tough love that Nikki was giving people tonight.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Paul Jolley's BA

a little overwrought to me,but not bad

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    A lot of the guys really stepped up tonight.

Devin is really good, I LOVED the tough love that Nikki was giving people tonight.
    Some of hte tough love was good although I found her comments to Peaches more along the lines of "I stuck up for you and you made me look bad so it's time for you to go home" Maybe I'm being too hard on her.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    Paul Jolley's BA

a little overwrought to me,but not bad
    i LOVED that!! A little rockier; loved it!!

Watched the episode. Paul Jolley's BA is not bad, not bad at all, but I totally agree with Nicki's criticism. I gotta say, during the first few episodes I was really scared that Nicki will ruin AI lol, but I'm really liking her so far.

Concert Stars
    I really liked his version of BA. I thought the guys were very talented and really agree with Carrie's tweet!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    Some of hte tough love was good although I found her comments to Peaches more along the lines of "I stuck up for you and you made me look bad so it's time for you to go home" Maybe I'm being too hard on her.
    I think you are predisposed to not like her & there fore you find fault where none was meant.

Concert Stars
    Some of the guys were really good. I really like Charlie Askew. I have to ask though, we didn't see his performance but JDA was put through. There is being gay & then there is in your face just plain weird. If he were to make it to the voting rounds does anyone truly think the American public will be voting for a guy that wears a veil & glitter? Sorry, I just don't see it.

My favorite performance is Nick Boddington's.
    i highly disagree with Mariah's criticism of Micah Johnson's I Told You So performance. I thought he did a good job. ITYS is a type of song that does not need vocal gymnastics.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^ I don't think Mariah really understands singing that does not include run after run after run.
    I wonder what she thinks of Carrie since she's basically runless.lol

•