Page 12 of 123 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

  1. #221
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_vzla View Post
    I have said this before, in my opinion the fact that Lauren, Haley, Jordin and on the other hand David Cook, Adam Lambert, Kris Allen arent selling is because the ****ty material they get. The hype behind Cook and Lambert during the show was huge but they were performing some other people songs, after the show they didnt keep the hype because the crap songs they got I mean the same David Cook singing Billie Jean or Eleonor Rigby singing Light On? Carrie getting JTTW and BHC on her first album was the best luck she ever had. Kelly's first songs werent that great I think, but then she did Breakaway.

    And then also there's something, at least for Carrie that made/makes her very likeable and the same way about Kelly. Probably fantasia too. That's the other key for their success. I feel the other women on the show (Jordin, Kat, Lauren...) were a little bit "fake", like pretending to be somrthing they really werent: shy, innocent, humble...and they acted like that to get the votes.
    Adam, David & Jordin's first albums all sold pretty well for this era the same can't be said for their second album and that could be either because of how sales continue to fall or because people didn't like their material, personally I thought both of Kris's albums especially his newest one were good but he just doesn't really fit into a genre and I think that hurts him.

    As for Haley and Lauren I think that you could give them JJTW and/or BHC type of material and I really don't think it would make a difference, Scotty's material on his first album really isn't anything special but he sure in the hell has sold a lot of albums.

  • #222
    Ultimate Carrie Fan HuiZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    6,365
    I agree that there has been a lot of great female singers appearing on the show, but in terms of whole package and likeability factor? Lauren, Haley, Pia etc aren't in that category for me. Jordin is likeable and has a fantastic voice, but I feel that she blends in too much with other artists on the radio. Doesn't stand out like Kelly does on pop radio. Maybe she just hasn't found a really good song to reconnect back with pop audience yet.

  • #223
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    I agree that there has been a lot of great female singers appearing on the show, but in terms of whole package and likeability factor? Lauren, Haley, Pia etc aren't in that category for me. Jordin is likeable and has a fantastic voice, but I feel that she blends in too much with other artists on the radio. Doesn't stand out like Kelly does on pop radio. Maybe she just hasn't found a really good song to reconnect back with pop audience yet.
    Oh, come on I know that you really liked Haley.

  • #224
    Insane Carrie Fan judes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,545
    Concert Stars
    It's in the songs - Carrie just has a knack for picking great songs - she picked good songs on Idol and she still does and now she's writing them - Wasn't Carly Rae Jepson from Canadian Idol? she has a video that has 360 million views - out of the blue on one song Call Me Maybe and that's what the American Idol winners are lacking - Idol doesn't make your career after you leave the show, it's up to the contestant to write or pick the songs - Carrie and Kelly have mega hits, Adam had one and Phillip Phillips has one - that's how you make it - just like everyone else in the business, with a hit song

  • #225
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Hit song =/= great song

  • #226
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    13,150
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    I am so disappointed that they didn't show the audition at Carrie's concert. What was the point of all that if they don't show it??
    All of the other nominated auditioners were shown in settings that wouldn't sway an audience into voting one way or the other. For someone to be "invited" to audition at Carries concert & for that to be shown on national TV would (in my opinion) give that person a huge leg up on developing a fanbase if she did indeed make it top the voting rounds. I think it was done out of a fareness basis.

  • #227
    Carrie Guru thaifood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    On Spaceship Earth
    Posts
    13,150
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Hit song =/= great song
    Obviously you weren't a follower of the pop charts in the 70's & 80's, cause that wasn't necessarily the case back then. I don't listen to pop now because so many of the "hits" are just plain crap.

  • #228
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,165
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    All of the other nominated auditioners were shown in settings that wouldn't sway an audience into voting one way or the other. For someone to be "invited" to audition at Carries concert & for that to be shown on national TV would (in my opinion) give that person a huge leg up on developing a fanbase if she did indeed make it top the voting rounds. I think it was done out of a fareness basis.
    but they (Idol) already knew she didn't make the voting rounds so why not show the audition?
    There has to be another reason they scrapped it.


    There's always songs that are huge hits that are craptastic, but catchy.Isn't that how they use to rate songs on American Band Stand ( yes I'm old) - I give it a ten because I can dance to it, not because it's good.

  • #229
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Obviously you weren't a follower of the pop charts in the 70's & 80's, cause that wasn't necessarily the case back then. I don't listen to pop now because so many of the "hits" are just plain crap.
    Come on Ron, are you trying to say that Stacey Q's "Two of Hearts" isn't a classic. lol

  • #230
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Obviously you weren't a follower of the pop charts in the 70's & 80's, cause that wasn't necessarily the case back then. I don't listen to pop now because so many of the "hits" are just plain crap.
    I didn't realize American Idol existed in the '70s and '80s.

    Seriously, though, I disagree. There were tons of crappy hits in the '80s especially.

  • #231
    Obsessed Carrie Fan _luvqry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,214
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    For those who don't know the changes I will PM you.
    Can you please PM me the changes? I don't want look into some sites because I don't want to know in advance who made it to the top 12

  • #232
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,533
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    I didn't realize American Idol existed in the '70s and '80s.

    Seriously, though, I disagree. There were tons of crappy hits in the '80s especially.
    80s were way better then this generation of pop....in all fairness. ha ha

  • #233
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    80s were way better then this generation of pop....in all fairness. ha ha
    Every decade has its good music and bad music. Or I guess I should say, every decade has music someone will love and music someone will hate. But anyway, the point of my original post was that a hit song is not inherently a great song and vice versa.

  • #234
    Insane Carrie Fan judes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,545
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    It's in the songs - Carrie just has a knack for picking great songs - she picked good songs on Idol and she still does and now she's writing them - Wasn't Carly Rae Jepson from Canadian Idol? she has a video that has 360 million views - out of the blue on one song Call Me Maybe and that's what the American Idol winners are lacking - Idol doesn't make your career after you leave the show, it's up to the contestant to write or pick the songs - Carrie and Kelly have mega hits, Adam had one and Phillip Phillips has one - that's how you make it - just like everyone else in the business, with a hit song

    The last line in this post says they need a hit song - I didn't say a great song , Carrie has great songs as hits- of course as We Are Never is the perfect example of a hit song that is crap .

  • #235
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    80s were way better then this generation of pop....in all fairness. ha ha

    I agree and as bad as some of that 80's music was it is still better than the most of the crappy ass music that there is today.

    But I have to give credit to people who are really not that good but have the ability to attract fan bases that just shows how subjective the music industry is.

  • #236
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    It's in the songs - Carrie just has a knack for picking great songs - she picked good songs on Idol and she still does and now she's writing them - Wasn't Carly Rae Jepson from Canadian Idol? she has a video that has 360 million views - out of the blue on one song Call Me Maybe and that's what the American Idol winners are lacking - Idol doesn't make your career after you leave the show, it's up to the contestant to write or pick the songs - Carrie and Kelly have mega hits, Adam had one and Phillip Phillips has one - that's how you make it - just like everyone else in the business, with a hit song
    This is why I made my post.

  • #237
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    This is why I made my post.
    The artist has to be able to deliver the songs though, if Carmen Rasmusen came off of AI and had BHC & JTTW on her first album I really doubt those songs and as big as they are and she isn't a multiple FVOTY at either the ACM's or CMA's.

  • #238
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    The artist has to be able to deliver the songs though, if Carmen Rasmusen came off of AI and had BHC & JTTW on her first album I really doubt those songs and as big as they are and she isn't a multiple FVOTY at either the ACM's or CMA's.
    There certainly are a lot of factors. Which is why it's pretty amazing Idol's even found two megastars.

  • #239
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    There certainly are a lot of factors. Which is why it's pretty amazing Idol's even found two megastars.
    Being successful in the recording industry is probably the biggest "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" that there is.

    In this era of sales what Scotty and Phillip have done is very impressive.

  • #240
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    I loved the reaction that the guys had when they found out about the group twist.

    Typical group round, some did well, some were awful and nerves gets to pretty much everyone.


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •