Page 113 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Still no sales data. Here is the link to the Idol Sales News at MJs if anyone wants to keep checking for themselves: Idol Sales News ? Week Ending 05/19/13 | American Idol, Charts | mjsbigblog
    I'll be happy if Candice and Kree's sales fall somewhere around the 100K mark. I don't think we'll get numbers for Angie given that her single wasn't showing up on the iTunes charts.

Can anyone tell me how preorders work in terms of sales? Is there any report that documents how many preorders Candice's album had in the past week, and how do preorders count when it comes to actual sales totals on release day? Are they added in as first week sales?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Last edited by maddkat; 05-22-2013 at 04:13 PM.

UPDATE: E Online is confirming the report with sources:
    Sources confirm to us that Idol wants to bring back former winners and contestants as judges for season 13. No deals are final, but we hear that original Idol Kelly Clarkson and Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson are on board for next year.
    Sources confirm to us that Idol wants to bring back former winners and contestants as judges for season 13. No deals are final, but we hear that original Idol Kelly Clarkson and Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson are on board for next year.
    Fox is also chasing runner-ups Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert to fill the final slot…
    One Idol insider tells us that while nothing is final yet, it’s “95 percent there.” The alum panel will be Fox’s attempt to reignite ratings by bringing back Idol faces that the fans care about. “It’s Idol stars guiding the next generation” adds one Fox source.

FOX American Idol 13 Judges Panel Alums Adam Lambert Kelly Clarkson
    opry051008 likes this.

Hil
    Are there not going to be any numbers for Angie?

I wish Carrie would come back and be a judge.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post

Carrie has already stated that she would nor be comfortable as a judge.

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Carrie has already stated that she would nor be comfortable as a judge.
    I know, I just said I wish she would... It would be fun to see her every week, especially if she were judging with people she's friends with.

Concert Stars

I don't think we'll get numbers for Angie this week due to the hiding of her sales status on the iTunes page. I'm sure we'll start getting Angie's numbers next week.

As for alums as judges on Idol next season, I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand, it could be great because they would know exactly what can and should be done on that stage. However, I don't know if someone who has been through the process can be a useful judge. I wonder if they will feel bad about being critical.
    If the reports are true about Kelly C, it might be alright. She was good on Duets as a mentor and 'judge'. I also think she is far enough removed from being a contestant that it would make it easier on her to act as a judge than someone who has been on more recently. I don't know that I like the idea of JHud as a judge. We'll see.
    Adam Lambert has been vocal lately about wanting to judge Idol. I think he would be a good alum for the job. He has no problem being honest, but I think he could do it in a constructive way. He would certainly be able to give the new Idols pointers for the entertaining aspect of things.

I think I would actually prefer Fox getting two permanent judges that are not alum, and leave one spot open for a rotating series of alum. Each week we could get a different former contestant judging the talent. Each alum would bring something different to the table.
    Hil likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I think I would actually prefer Fox getting two permanent judges that are not alum, and leave one spot open for a rotating series of alum. Each week we could get a different former contestant judging the talent. Each alum would bring something different to the table.

THIS I LIKE.

I just hope they don't sing on results night.
    Maggie likes this.

Carrie Guru
    I know, I just said I wish she would... It would be fun to see her every week, especially if she were judging with people she's friends with.
    I would love to see Carrie as a mentor. : )
    Hil likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Fox should be more concerned about getting a panel that have chemistry and jell well together, rather than that of headline catching judges.

I'd much rather not have a current artist as judge because usually that affects how they critique contestants as they want to remain as likable to the public as possible.

Why not consider people who are important insiders in the industry, on the panel? That way they'd be serious about their work in mentoring/judging the contestants rather than having their own agendas.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    Fox should be more concerned about getting a panel that have chemistry and jell well together, rather than that of headline catching judges.

I'd much rather not have a current artist as judge because usually that affects how they critique contestants as they want to remain as likable to the public as possible.

Why not consider people who are important insiders in the industry, on the panel? That way they'd be serious about their work in mentoring/judging the contestants rather than having their own agendas.
    Sadly, the only people looking to fill the seats on Idol and similar shows are those that have something of their own to sell. It would be nice if the panel could consist of people who work in the industry itself such as a producer, a talent agent, etc. Basically, people that know the business inside and out, and have helped develop talent in the past.
    The best we can hope for at this point, IMO, is that the new judging panel has better chemistry than this year's panel.

Concert Stars
    I think it's a good idea to put former contestants on the panel because they understand what the contestants are going through; however, because they understand they might be too easy on them. I think Kelly Clarkson and Adam Lambert are awesome choices, but I think someone like Jimmy should fill the third seat.
    supercarriefan likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That would be interesting to see how that judge's panel would work, I don't like the idea of all three judges being former contestants but one or two isn't a bad idea.

Concert Stars
    I must say Kelly, JHud & Adam are 3 of my least favorites. The only way it could get worse would be if Fantasia were added to the mix.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I can't see a judges panel made up of former contestants would work at all.
    First they'd have to get really successful contestants in music, or else who's gonna listen to what they have to say, so that narrows the field down to about 2 maybe 3.A panel of Kelly, JHud, and Adam for me would be unwatchable.

They need people who know more then just recording and singing music.
    People who know music and the industry.
    DaisyTweets likes this.

Hil
    My pics would be Jennifer Nettles or Shania Twain...I think they could provide something interesting. Kelly wasn't the greatest judge on Duets. Oddly enough Adam Lambert might be interesting. I dunno, I'm sure whoever will be fine. Has to be better than the panel this year lol

Concert Stars
    My pics would be Jennifer Nettles or Shania Twain...I think they could provide something interesting. Kelly wasn't the greatest judge on Duets. Oddly enough Adam Lambert might be interesting. I dunno, I'm sure whoever will be fine. Has to be better than the panel this year lol
    I agree with you about Kelly, but I also don't think Jennifer was that great on duets either. Maybe it was just the show. It was extremely boring to me LOL. Kelly seemed to not want to give the harsh criticism some contestants needed but she seemed to get upset if the other judges gave it to her contestants. I especially didn't like either male judge. I can see why that show wasn't renewed. Maybe Jennifer would be better on Idol as she wouldn't be invested in certain contestants like they were on duets. For that matter, Kelly might be better on Idol as well. I'd prefer Idol pick someone (if they are going for previous contestants of Idol) that seemed to actually be invested in Idol, and by that I mean someone that is all about Idol and not other reality shows - like Carrie, who I know has said she wouldn't ever want to judge as she'd hate to ruin a contestants dream, but she'd be awesome.
    Hil likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    A litte Idol news round-up:
    Angie on Live With Kelly and Michael:
    Angie Miller - You Set Me Free - Live! With Kelly and Michael - VIDEO

Angie has signed a publishing deal:
    American Idol Angie Miller Signs a Publishing Deal

Kree on Live with Kelly and Michael:
    Kree Harrison - All Cried Out - Live with Kelly and Michael VIDEO

Thanks for those videos. Loved both of those songs. That's been one of my favorite songs that Angie did on Idol, love the lyrics.

Bad idea to have a whole panel as ex-contestants. Most of them will hold back their critiques since they know so well what the contestants will be going through.

Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I must say Kelly, JHud & Adam are 3 of my least favorites. The only way it could get worse would be if Fantasia were added to the mix.
    I don't mind Kelly mixed with two other judges.

I don't even mind Adam mixed with two other judges, because I think he would be more blunt and honest with his critiques.

JHud and Adam together though? YIKES.
    Hil and supercarriefan like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    I can't see a judges panel made up of former contestants would work at all.
    First they'd have to get really successful contestants in music, or else who's gonna listen to what they have to say, so that narrows the field down to about 2 maybe 3.A panel of Kelly, JHud, and Adam for me would be unwatchable.

They need people who know more then just recording and singing music.
    People who know music and the industry.
    I think Kelly could certainly speak to the industry side of things. She has been in the business for over a decade now, and has had her struggles with the system. JHud might be good in the sense that she has involvement with several different aspects of the entertainment business with her music career, but also her film career.
    I just don't know that Kelly and JHud would have good chemistry. I don't see that working. However, I think Kelly and Adam could play off each other nicely. Both can be opinionated, but respectful.

•