Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    They have shown less than half of the Top 20 women.
    they've shown 10 and if they're any indication of what the other 10 are
    like the guys are going to win again in a walk.

Zoanette FTW !!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    they've shown 10 and if they're any indication of what the other 10 are
    like the guys are going to win again in a walk.

Zoanette FTW !!
    Honestly, they could take any of the females who won the show and if they were on now Carrie is the only one I am sure would still win, Kelly might win and Fantasia & Jordin would have no chance.

Personally I think that a girl will win this year because of the format change on how they are getting to the live shows.

Concert Stars
    I hope a girl wins this season. When was the last time a girl won? Jordan Sparks. What season was that?

Concert Stars
    Well, I am really disappointed with the outcome of lastnights show. Partically with regard to the "Carrie concert".
    I did not intend to tell anyone about it and let it be a surprise to my friends a co-workers who watch the show, but at the last minute I let it slide that it was coming. People actuallly planned to watch based on my "big mouth" set up.

So you can imagine how bummed I am now that I have to go to work and explain what happened.
    But to add to the insult, we have that wacko chick going through, not even remotely cool. We have the 16 yr.old boy going through, not even close to capable (you might see it as nice to give him the experience, I think it is mean to intentionally set him up to fail). There are just some really weird choices being made this year based on "antics" and stories.

I fully agree with those who think that "this is what makes the show look and feel fake".
    We have seen some pretty good singing going on. We have also watched the show for 11 years. We get how it works.
    Even though that woman is going to add all kinds of drama and fun, she is also going to go through and create alot of negative intense emotional crap that is not very nice to put her though when you know she is put through as a joke!
    Its cruel. She doesn't even look balanced.

Oh well. Glad we are moving on now.
    (real dissapointed about the Carrie Concert. I mean, they used footage of others who had these type of audition and then didn't make it, so why not hers?)
    But I stand by what I said before: I don't like them "going out and finding" auditioners. Standing in the pooring rain ro scorching sun for 13 hours after driving all night for a cattle call audition in the hopes of just being seen, is part of the journey. Thats a major part of the show to me.
    To pluck people out who did not think it was worth the bother is incredibly unfair to those who think it is.

Concert Stars
    I forgot about the judges: I am with those who think the women are useless this year.
    It is a thrill for many to even be in the same room with Mariah, so I will give her that. She is not a great mentor but people are thrilled by the experience so that is nice enough. Keep her.
    But the other one?? HEr sarcasm and selfish attitude are not going unnoticed by me. The looks on her face that she :is just to good for this" is constantly grating on me.
    I feel like yelling at the screen "Nikki. if you feel like you have somewhere else you would rather be, than by all means GO!!"

I, to, liked the male judges by themselves. No Drama! It was two jduges interested in who was standing in front of them.
    Thats It!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    I hope a girl wins this season. When was the last time a girl won? Jordan Sparks. What season was that?
    Yeah, Jordin is the last female to win and it was Season 6.

Carrie Guru
    Carrie Underwood has set a very high standard as contestant which will NEVER be matched by anyone !

Concert Stars
    anyone notice they are playing a LOOOT of Keith Urban songs in the background?? Like in the "in-between" segments. I don't know maybe it's just me but I think I've heard quite a few

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    Carrie Underwood has set a very high standard as contestant which will NEVER be matched by anyone !
    Anybody who watches and expects every year for there to be a Kelly or Carrie are wasting their time.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    The girl that came in with the puppet was awesome... she was very good with the puppet and even better without it.. I hope she goes far.
    That girl has some talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    anyone notice they are playing a LOOOT of Keith Urban songs in the background?? Like in the "in-between" segments. I don't know maybe it's just me but I think I've heard quite a few
    I've heard quite a few Keith and Mariah songs. Can't say the same about Nicki, but I don't really know any of her songs so for all I know they're playing her stuff too. haha

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Honestly, they could take any of the females who won the show and if they were on now Carrie is the only one I am sure would still win, Kelly might win and Fantasia & Jordin would have no chance.

Personally I think that a girl will win this year because of the format change on how they are getting to the live shows.

What formatting change is that? I know what is changing but I'm not seeing for sure how that will help the girls more.. Maybe I'm missing something.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I've heard quite a few Keith and Mariah songs. Can't say the same about Nicki, but I don't really know any of her songs so for all I know they're playing her stuff too. haha
    I feel like they've been playing the heck out of her song "Va Va Voom." But I haven't seen the last two episodes (gonna watch them today!).

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Anybody who watches and expects every year for there to be a Kelly or Carrie are wasting their time.
    I don't think it's because of the talent, though. There is still PLENTY of Carrie's, Kelly's and Jordin's out there, but in my opinion, the show has become more about the flash and hype than the talent, especially in the last few seasons. The show was EXTREMELY lucky to find the talent they did, but the problem seems to be the marketing and that we now have young girls voting for the same type of guy every year. I don't see it as an issue with a lack of talent, but certainly no one has had the star power/growth Carrie has shown throughout her career. However,, the people on this show are just everyday folks before Idol; the kind of transformation Carrie went through could still be there if the show was focused on the voice/performance/personality package, rather than the cute boys and the judges. Idol is no longer what he once was for many reasons, but I personally don't think it's because of the talent, but more so the producers/voters and glitzy package of the show and celebrity judges.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I don't think it's because of the talent, though. There is still PLENTY of Carrie's, Kelly's and Jordin's out there, but in my opinion, the show has become more about the flash and hype than the talent, especially in the last few seasons. The show was EXTREMELY lucky to find the talent they did, but the problem seems to be the marketing and that we now have young girls voting for the same type of guy every year. I don't see it as an issue with a lack of talent, but certainly no one has had the star power/growth Carrie has shown throughout her career. However,, the people on this show are just everyday folks before Idol; the kind of transformation Carrie went through could still be there if the show was focused on the voice/performance/personality package, rather than the cute boys and the judges. Idol is no longer what he once was for many reasons, but I personally don't think it's because of the talent, but more so the producers/voters and glitzy package of the show and celebrity judges.
    Totally disagree that there are "plenty" of Carrie or Kelly's out there, not putting Jordin in the same coversation as either Carrie or Kelly because IMO it isn't deserved.

AI has found Scotty and Phillip who are also both everyday folks before AI and yes the teen girl vote gives the WGWG a HUGE edge when it comes to winning the show but for all the love that Haley and Lauren got while on the show from people on here and at other sites like MJ's for example they were given the chance to sell but haven't to this point.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimshoe View Post
    What formatting change is that? I know what is changing but I'm not seeing for sure how that will help the girls more.. Maybe I'm missing something.
    For those who don't know the changes I will PM you.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    I agree with this.
    I do think the show itself has changed into something that is not so much about finding a star as it is just a seasonal tv show with high ratings.
    The celebrity judges are making it very distracting for the viewer to really know what to think about the whole spectacle.
    Now I am a huge Carrie fan, and I believe that Carries don't walk into every door every season.
    But! Because of the way the show is currently selling itself to teen girls and allowing them to overrun the voting process, I just don't think someone like Kelly could ever happen again.
    Kelly was much more "unpolished" in my mind than Carrie was. Carrie was a pagent contenstant. She knows alittle something about how to "appear".
    Kelly was so "raw" even the judges did not see the star quality. I'm still not sure I do either. But hr aritstry is undeniable.
    That is why I am not sure we will have another Kelly. I don't knwo if the public can give credit to a young lady who sings as well as she did but is not the whole package.
    Lets Face It: Carrie was the whole package from day one. She has grown a great deal. But no one seemed to deny that they were watching someone who was built and designed to be a success.
    She played the game brilliantly and came out on top.
    Scotty is the only one I have seen who orchestrated their own success as well.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Here is how the Hollywood round is going to work this year accoring to a AI press release, the bottom of the article does contain a spoiler that I think that most people but not all already know concerning the season, just a warning for those who don't know.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-i...-the-girls.htm

Insane Carrie Fan
    Totally disagree that there are "plenty" of Carrie or Kelly's out there, not putting Jordin in the same coversation as either Carrie or Kelly because IMO it isn't deserved.

AI has found Scotty and Phillip who are also both everyday folks before AI and yes the teen girl vote gives the WGWG a HUGE edge when it comes to winning the show but for all the love that Haley and Lauren got while on the show from people on here and at other sites like MJ's for example they were given the chance to sell but haven't to this point.
    I have said this before, in my opinion the fact that Lauren, Haley, Jordin and on the other hand David Cook, Adam Lambert, Kris Allen arent selling is because the ****ty material they get. The hype behind Cook and Lambert during the show was huge but they were performing some other people songs, after the show they didnt keep the hype because the crap songs they got I mean the same David Cook singing Billie Jean or Eleonor Rigby singing Light On? Carrie getting JTTW and BHC on her first album was the best luck she ever had. Kelly's first songs werent that great I think, but then she did Breakaway.

And then also there's something, at least for Carrie that made/makes her very likeable and the same way about Kelly. Probably fantasia too. That's the other key for their success. I feel the other women on the show (Jordin, Kat, Lauren...) were a little bit "fake", like pretending to be somrthing they really werent: shy, innocent, humble...and they acted like that to get the votes.

Concert Stars
    I am so disappointed that they didn't show the audition at Carrie's concert. What was the point of all that if they don't show it??

•  
    Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast