Page 109 of 123 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    If Angie was trying to overshadow the other two, she would've performed her new single instead of performing her Jessie J duet.

Look at the situation more objectively. Idol's planning on pumping out singles and albums from their contestants this year. Angie already had a song to release. So what did they do? They released it immediately. If Amber or Janelle were in the situation, they would've pumped their singles out immediately, too. It's not special treatment toward an individual; it's a logical business move.

Not true. No Idol contestant has EVER performed their new single at the idol finale- ever- except the top 2. The fact that Angie was given a chance to perform her lead sibgle at the finale is yet another example of favortism. Though she turned it down she sti got two duets - more then top 2- and not one person can justify that no matter how you spin it.

Angie is just an Idol contestant like everyone else- not a signed artist yet. She does not deserve the special treatment.
    liveasong likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitocco View Post
    This makes no sense, Tee. Should the music industry just stop functioning this week so that Candice can release her single? They are in competition with each other now, and if Angie was going to be more successful than Candice or Kree then it would have happened whether she released her single now, next week, or 6 months from now. In the end people will buy/support what they like

You are looking at them as signed artists in the real world of music where anything goes. If they were signed artists- I would agree with you but still find Angie rude for doing this .

But they are still just Idol contestants- not signed artists- so the rules of Idol apply. They are contestants on a show right now- nothing more. So this action has made the entire show ridiculous as it belittles the prestige of winning or making top 2.

Right now- Angie is an unsigned Idol contestant- and there have been many others before her who wrote their own songs too. Bottom line the Idol producers are wrong to do this to Candice and Kree. Let Sngie release her song next week.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Tee, I have to totally disagree with you.

If Angie's single overshadows Candice and/or Kree's it will be because people would rather buy her single than buy the singles of the other two.

Candice and Kree are getting the same chance to sell their single as Angie is and if they don't out sell Angie that sure the hell isn't Angie or Jimmy's fault it will because people voted for either Candice or Kree but have no interest in buying their music which sure wouldn't be the first time that happened on AI.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Not true. No Idol contestant has EVER performed their new single at the idol finale- ever- except the top 2.
    Please point to a post in this thread that has ever disputed that. THIS YEAR, Idol has made it a point to strike while the iron was hot. They made the contestants record songs while they were still on the show, made them work with songwriters, and they plan on releasing albums later this year. They're not waiting anymore. So since one of their contestants already has an original song that received praise from the public, they released the song immediately.
    Pitocco, JB172, Naco1776 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Well then the producers suck. They could wait one week for Angies single but put an itunes ad up nowto announce it for next week. The iron would still be hot.

i just feel it is rude to steal from the winner's big night like this. It is supposed to be all about the winner and runner up for one night at least.

Even if I hated Candice- which I don't- I would still defend her right to her big moment of glory.

Concert Stars
    But if they were stealing from the winner, would they have disabled Angie's popularity bar?
    Hil likes this.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    kree being in final two must have caught them off guard or somehong for her to end up with a make up group. Seem lile they could have done better than that,although I love Keith, I thought they could have paired her up with someone else.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    I am not upset with any of you guys- just the producers. It feelslike things have changed in a negative way since Jimmy Irvine came on board. It is cold and cut throat now. Before it wasa nice wholesome show where the winner got all the love and dreams came true because we voted- not industry insiders and producers skewing the results.

It used to be the story of the under dog making it big cuz we the people voted. Now it is like our votes don't count as producers will manipulate things to help their favorites- negating and cancelling out the people's vote or the Underdog story.
    pklongbeach likes this.

Concert Stars
    Tee has on those famous knotted knickers & no one is going to unknot them but her. Give it up ya'll & let it be.

Huge Carrie Follower
    But if they were stealing from the winner, would they have disabled Angie's popularity bar?
    Are you sure anyone did that? I read that her single wasn't showing up because her name got misspelled as Miler, instead of Miller. There is an article on the web about it.

I don't blame them for striking while the iron is hot - and it is in the best interest of the girls to get it out there while the interest is still fresh. And I believe all three have record deals. I'm sure a couple others have or will have deals. As has been discussed, it's kind of up to them if they "make it" or not; depending what type success they are looking for. Angie seems to have a lot of drive and enthusiasm, if she gets the right vehicle she may even achieve some stardom.

At this point, Kree's single is being well-received and well-reviewed by country music, and I expect it to do modestly well at least. Not sure about Candice, since I am not following her post-show.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Opinions on Angie's studio version of "You Set Me Free"?

I prefer the live version much more than the studio one.

Anyways, as hard as it was to see Angie not make the finale, it was probably a blessing in disguise for her as she will not be under pressure to finish an album in 2 months while on tour. Knowing her, she will want to be as involved in the making of the album by writing her own songs which she has the time to now that she's not under the iron clad contract with Idol. Plus, she gets to go to the UK with Jessie J.

Concert Stars
    Next week the sales numbers will be out so everyone will know Angie sold more then the winner and the press releases will make that well known to all.it will reflect poorly on Candice.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by mariquita View Post
    Are you sure anyone did that? I read that her single wasn't showing up because her name got misspelled as Miler, instead of Miller. There is an article on the web about it.
    @AngieAI12
    Well, it's official. #YouSetMeFree will not be able to appear on the charts. But it has been doing really well!! Thanks to all of you!!=) <3

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Next week the sales numbers will be out so everyone will know Angie sold more then the winner and the press releases will make that well known to all.it will reflect poorly on Candice.
    Angie's original song performance was viewed over 4 million times on YouTube. There was no way the label was going to let this one sit. And there is no surprise that the single is selling well. Whether the sales numbers showed up this week or three months from now, her single numbers were going to be compared with the other two.

I personally doubt that the Idol producers originally tried for two duet partners for Angie. I suspect that they were initially turned down by JessieJ and that's why they brought in Adam. After JessieJ was able to make it after all, they likely decided to let Angie duet with both especially if Adam had already been mentioned as performing.

From what I have seen, I think all three of these ladies are happy for each other and don't feel that they are competing against each other because they're from three different genres. The numbers and success game is played by the media and fans, ask Carrie and Kelly.

I get where you're coming from Tee because none of us want to be manipulated. However, if all three of these ladies become successful, even with varying degrees of success (which I truly believe will happen), then I'll be very happy for all of them.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.

As a lot of people have already said, Idol is striking while the iron is hot, and they NEED to do that right now. With all the publicity following the firing of the judges and declining ratings, there's no doubt in my mind they needed to make some changes.

If interest is declining, they need to change their model; this is the year they decided to do it.

It isn't Angie's fault there's more interest in her than Candice or Kree; she has no more of an advantage than they do. If anything, it says a lot that the third place winner is selling better than the other 2 ladies, because she doesn't have the same kind of hype around her.

IMO, Angie FAR outperformed and outsang Candice and Kree, and it doesn't surprise me there's more interest in her after watching her two finale performances.

Idol is changing their business model, and it has nothing to do with fairness. It has to do with who the public has an interest in supporting.
    Hil likes this.

Concert Stars
    No point in winning then.
    maddkat, Smokyiiis and liveasong like this.

Concert Stars
    I kind of think you are missing Tee's only real point.
    IF the show is about finding a winner and then launching that winner, then it is not in keeping with the integrity of the show to lauch all three simutaniously.
    Sure they want to make money, Who doesn't. But it doesn't exactly make much sense to the premise of the show.
    Smokyiiis and hjj like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Maybe it's just because I love Angie, but I don't see what all the unhappiness is about. The song won't be able to chart and they disabled the pop bars so nobody knows how its doing (to be honest I didnt even know she released her single but I didn't really pay attention to the finale, idk if they mentioned it there or anything) so it doesn't seem like they wanted to overshadow Kree or Candice. It's such a little thing, don't let it bother you! There wasn't any malicious intent and they didn't want to undermine Candice's winning moment or anything.

Concert Stars
    If anything, it is more unfair to Angie. She wrote/put out an amazing song and isnt even going to get recognized for that besides a few media websites.

Good music is good music. And I for one still think Angie is going to have the best career out of everyone this season.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    If anything, it is more unfair to Angie. She wrote/put out an amazing song and isnt even going to get recognized for that besides a few media websites.

Good music is good music. And I for one still think Angie is going to have the best career out of everyone this season.
    Agreed.
    I don't think it was fair for them to block Angie from charting. Let the public decide who they want to support; why hide it?

Adam sold more than Kris. So? It's happens sometimes when the public votes through contestants that they don't bother supporting after Idol.

•