Page 101 of 123 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2448
Like Tree2349Likes

Thread: American Idol Season 12

Hil
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    With all the complaining about things from Burnell, Curtis & Lazaro before Amber's hissy fit on Twitter the tour should be a lot of fun for the rest of them.
    LOL oh geez....sounds like fun for everyone. i'm surprised Amber's tweeting that stuff.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This year's finalists are the whiniest bunch I've ever seen. Perhaps TPTB had best think twice about those Twitter accounts for next year's contestants because several of this year's Idols have only managed to use them for 'evil' lol.

So, we've had several contestants make comments about Lazaro, Lazaro acting like a fool all season, Curtis telling a reporter the show is fixed just days before the finale, Burnell boohooing about things, Angie favoriting tweets that gave the impression she was anti-Lazaro as well, Amber tweeting a less than nice comment to Slezak because he dared to dislike what she was wearing, and now Amber tweeting things about the show the day of the finale.
    This group needs a reality check. Being on Idol does not automatically make you a huge star. They need to get off their pedestals, and work their tails off to make something of themselves in the industry. Thankfully, we seem to have had a top 3 that appears grounded and ready to put in the work to earn their spot in the industry. Some of their fellow finalists need to learn from them.
    Hil, JB172, liz278 and 7 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    This year's finalists are the whiniest bunch I've ever seen. Perhaps TPTB had best think twice about those Twitter accounts for next year's contestants because several of this year's Idols have only managed to use them for 'evil' lol.

So, we've had several contestants make comments about Lazaro, Lazaro acting like a fool all season, Curtis telling a reporter the show is fixed just days before the finale, Burnell boohooing about things, Angie favoriting tweets that gave the impression she was anti-Lazaro as well, Amber tweeting a less than nice comment to Slezak because he dared to dislike what she was wearing, and now Amber tweeting things about the show the day of the finale.
    This group needs a reality check. Being on Idol does not automatically make you a huge star. They need to get off their pedestals, and work their tails off to make something of themselves in the industry. Thankfully, we seem to have had a top 3 that appears grounded and ready to put in the work to earn their spot in the industry. Some of their fellow finalists need to learn from them.
    Devin & Paul were not around long enough to saying something stupid, Candice, Janelle and Kree haven't done anything but being very professional but the rest of the them need to shut up already, I had no attentions of going to the tour but the possibility of there being a brawl at some point is kind of intriguing. lol
    Cathie Wynkoop, Marie2011 and HuiZ like this.

Concert Stars
    IMO, it seems the whole show behind the scenes has lost its center this season, and I think some of the contestants are feelng that sense of "anything goes at this point cause the whole thing is falling apart around us".

I can't imagine this amount of public spouting off from pervious seasons.
    I thnk in the early days the judges panel was so strong and grounded that contestants felt they were under the watchful eyes of a panel that "expected only the best behavior" from them. Purely professional all around.

Now, not only are the judges all fighting amongst themselves but they are bailing out, or being thrown out!
    There is little respect and dignity left going on backstage. And I do think it is rubbing off onto the contestants.

I dont want to give anyone excuses for bad behavior. But I do think the energy there is vastly different than it used to be.
    (And I do think it is a mistake to allow the contestants as much access tp social media as they have had. They should be basically fully sequestered. Otherwise, you end up with contestants thinking they are "being given an oportunity to speak!)
    Big Mistake on the part of the show.

Disappointed in amber. No good can come of this even if she has a legitimate beef (I have no idea what her problem is but she should keep it to herself for the sake of her own career).
    Cathie Wynkoop, Smokyiiis and HuiZ like this.

Concert Stars
    (i never mentioned it but I thought it was really interesting that the week after amber left they did not do the big dramatic intro about her getting cut, with all the judges hugging and contestants crying and all the behind the scenes stuff.
    They did it for everyone leading up to Amber. And then, the next week came and not one word about her loss. Just interesting to me).

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    You know, I hate to say it, but I think even the ratings they are getting is only as good as it is cause there is nothing else really interesting to watch.

If a hit came along, Idol would be in serious trouble!!

Concert Stars
    ^Idol goes up against Modern Family and still wins. Looks like they got more viewers after The Middle went off.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    ^Idol goes up against Modern Family and still wins. Looks like they got more viewers after The Middle went off.
    but Modern Family soundly beat Idol in the all important 18-49 demographic

If Angela is going to sing with Jesse what are they going to do with Adam?
    Surely Angela won't get 2 spots or Adam get a solo spot.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I don't know how much going last actually matters.

I think without question that Candice is going to win tonight so that will make it 8 out of 12 that the person who went last won but IMO those people were all favored to win anyway.

Season 1 Kelly went last was a huge favorite
    Season 2 Ruben went first and that was probably the most even matchup going into the finale
    Season 3 Fantasia went last was a huge favorite
    Season 4 Carrie went last was the clear favorite IMO
    Season 5 Taylor went last was a huge favorite
    Season 6 Jordin went last was the biggest favorite ever
    Sesaon 7 David C. went first
    Season 8 Kris went last and despite what some viewers though I though he was the favorite going into that finale
    Season 9 Lee went first got his doors, windows, garage and entire house blown off by Crystal in the finale yet he still won
    Season 10 Scotty went first
    Season 11 Phillip went last was a huge favorite
    Season 12 Candice went last and IMO was the clear favorite going in
    In fairness 3 of the 4 times that the winner has sung first was during the WGWG era and 2 of those were against women so it may not have mattered where they sung. Pre WGWG 5 of the 6 winners sang last and Ruben and Clay were basically tied.
    So I do think it still matters who goes last mainly because they will always try to save the best song from that contestant until the end so they can have their moment!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    but Modern Family soundly beat Idol in the all important 18-49 demographic

If Angela is going to sing with Jesse what are they going to do with Adam?
    Surely Angela won't get 2 spots or Adam get a solo spot.
    ITs going to be interesting to see how the producers treat Angie tonight vs. Amber/Janelle/The Guys as a whole....

some of Ambers grumblings may make more sense afterward........

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    @idolspoilers 22s #idolspoilers Amber Holcomb & Emeli Sandé will be performing "Next To Me"

so could be why Amber isn't happy.Not like anyone really knows this person.I first heard of her last week with the song selections.Someone on Idol is a fan or Simon represents her.

Concert Stars
    Wait what did amber say in her tweets? I missed the drama. Lol

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    @idolspoilers 22s #idolspoilers Amber Holcomb & Emeli Sandé will be performing "Next To Me"

so could be why Amber isn't happy.Not like anyone really knows this person.I first heard of her last week with the song selections.Someone on Idol is a fan or Simon represents her.
    She had a big hit here in Canada with that song Next to Me. She gave a live performance at one of the radio stations here in Toronto and she's wonderful live. She's actually a very big star in her home country.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Wait what did amber say in her tweets? I missed the drama. Lol
    Funny coming from someone who was an Idol producer fav.

teesharky and HuiZ like this.

Concert Stars
    I still have a feeling Ambers issue is with how much we are going to see Angie.
    (I just have a funny feeling)

Concert Stars
    The part about Amber is just absurd. American Idol 12 Finale Performers Spoilers

Ok based on these spoilers- no carrie tonight. . Unless she appears just to have fun in the audience and say goodbye to Randy? Possible as someone calculated it was only a three hour flight by jet from winnipeg.

Concert Stars
    Emeli has been promoted quite a bit this year.
    I don't know if that is because she is really that popular among the contestants, or if it is a tie-in.

Y'a know Idol do love the tie-in.

But I do know that Emeli is well respected and a very good singer. So I don't what Ambers problem with that would be.

Concert Stars
    Why would Amber be outraged with the third place contestant getting more air time than the fourth place contestant?
    Naco1776 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Good point. People just need to learn to be grateful first.

•