Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Nicki Minaj Nears an $8 million deal; Keith Urban close to a $3 to $4 million deal

  1. #1
    Insane Carrie Fan gaycarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N/C
    Posts
    5,472

    Nicki Minaj Nears an $8 million deal; Keith Urban close to a $3 to $4 million deal

    Well, it looks like both Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban will be joining American Idol next season! I'm actually pretty excited about this. So the panel, so far, will be Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban. THR is reporting, saying that Randy Jackson will still be involved w/ the show but he could still be a judge. The producers are looking for a 4th judge to replace him right now.

    American Idol: Nicki Minaj Nearing an $8 Million Deal; Keith Urban is Close to $3 to $4 Million Deal for Judging Spot | Jason the Gleek

  • #2
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    That just feels like a really odd grouping. I just don't know what these people have in common.
    I guess we shall see.
    Just weird.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

  • #3
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    625
    Concert Stars
    I love Keith but I can safely say if this is the judging panel, I will give Idol a pass.

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan gaycarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N/C
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    That just feels like a really odd grouping. I just don't know what these people have in common.
    I guess we shall see.
    Just weird.
    Does it matter? They have music in common. For The Voice, what do Xtina and Blake have in common? lol
    supercarriefan and JB172 like this.

  • #5
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,341
    Concert Stars
    Love Keith! I think he will be great!
    gaycarebear likes this.

  • #6
    Insane Carrie Fan liz278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,319
    Concert Stars
    I might give Idol a chance this year because I really do like Keith. I like Keith a whole lot more than Blake! I got real tired of the Voice's judges. So if I am going to watch a talent competition I will watch Idol.
    rainbow1 and teesharky like this.

  • #7
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Does it matter? They have music in common. For The Voice, what do Xtina and Blake have in common? lol
    I'm speaking of chemestry.
    I like Keith, but I don't see him having a strong enough personality to hold up agaisnt these other two.
    and I do feel like the other two have such strong "Diva" personalitites, they are not going to work "together" all that well.
    we shall see,

  • #8
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    7,388
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Does it matter? They have music in common. For The Voice, what do Xtina and Blake have in common? lol
    It matters because rightly or wrongly, these shows have become as much about the judges as they have about finding a diamond in the rough singing star and entertainer. If the judging panel is a train wreck, I'm afraid that will drag the show down!

    If this is the judging panel, I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether I'll be watching or not. Hopefully there's strong shows opposite Idol so it will make my decision easier.
    teesharky and gocountrymusic like this.

  • #9
    hjj
    hjj is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    5,712
    Concert Stars
    I don't get the contracts how they know what they are worth for the entertainment value.

  • #10
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,043
    Why does Keith Urban get half of Nicki ? For me, Keith is more of a superstar than Nicki.

    Can Keith file a sex discrimination claim ?
    teesharky, hjj, bs63093 and 1 others like this.

  • #11
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    491
    Keith has a decade of success while minaj has 3 -___- yet she is being paid more cuz she is pop and hot currently?? Idkk how keith can accept this preference
    gocountrymusic and teesharky like this.

  • #12
    Insane Carrie Fan gaycarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N/C
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyTweets View Post
    It matters because rightly or wrongly, these shows have become as much about the judges as they have about finding a diamond in the rough singing star and entertainer. If the judging panel is a train wreck, I'm afraid that will drag the show down!

    If this is the judging panel, I'm going to have to think long and hard about whether I'll be watching or not. Hopefully there's strong shows opposite Idol so it will make my decision easier.
    It still doesn't matter. It gives different perspective. Would you rather have the whole panel be the same kind of person or artist? That'd be boring. Just saying.

    I'm an Idol loyalist. I'll stick by the show as long as it's on. I don't care who's judging.

    I, for one, am so excited for this new panel. I'm glad they got someone like Nicki, because she's super current and a real performer. Plus, she's super cray, so she'll add alot of flavor to the panel.
    supercarriefan and teesharky like this.

  • #13
    Insane Carrie Fan gaycarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N/C
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by bs63093 View Post
    Keith has a decade of success while minaj has 3 -___- yet she is being paid more cuz she is pop and hot currently?? Idkk how keith can accept this preference
    He accepted it b/c Idol is one of the biggest promotional platforms ever.
    supercarriefan and lab like this.

  • #14
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,541
    Concert Stars
    Keith deserves SO MUCH better then that. I guess that must be why Brad Paisley did not bite. (assuming the rumors were true-- he is clearly not in the running anymore).

    Why should Nikki get more then Keith when Keith is a major star and Nikki is just starting out? I don't get it.

    Why do pop stars get treated so much better then country stars? ugh. I hate that. It is like they are saying country stars are second class citizens.

  • #15
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    491
    its not that, I knwo its the biggest platform for promo but its kind of like they are putting on value on you as an artist, putting a value on your whole career. Because its logic that you are gonna pay more money to someone whos gonna provide you more sales or views like a professiona, Im gonna pay them based on their career not cause one is young and hot. Its not fair no matter what way you put it and the fact that his wife is an ACADEMY AWARD WINNER Alist Nicole Kidman(well thats a bonus). Minaj shoud be the one being paid the least, sure she has a big mouth but does not have the experience needed no matter what peope say cuz there are MMMMMAAAANNNYYY other direct stars with the career. and people forget that they should watch idol cause of the CONTESTANTS not the judges

  • #16
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Keith deserves SO MUCH better then that. I guess that must be why Brad Paisley did not bite. (assuming the rumors were true-- he is clearly not in the running anymore).

    Why should Nikki get more then Keith when Keith is a major star and Nikki is just starting out? I don't get it.

    Why do pop stars get treated so much better then country stars? ugh. I hate that. It is like they are saying country stars are second class citizens.
    I am pretty sure that Keith isn't going to be forced at gun point to sign the contract, so I don't even come close to seeing your point about the country star being treated as a 2nd class citizen.

    If Keith doesn't like that he is going to get that much less all he has to do is not sign the contract.
    supercarriefan likes this.

  • #17
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,945
    Concert Stars

  • #18
    hjj
    hjj is offline
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    5,712
    Concert Stars
    Keith music is such if it is known you would think be very accepted by most people so the exposure might open his music to a whole new audience so it is a win win for him. I would have thought he would be making more than Nicki tho.

  • #19
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    As I've said before, I will believe all these rumors about the judging panel once Fox confirms it themselves.

    If Keith is doing the show, I think that's great. I really like Keith. He seems dedicated to making good music, and seems to take it seriously.
    I'm not so excited about Nicki, but it is what it is.
    If Randy is sticking with the show, I hope it is in a different role. I think he has really given all he has to give as a judge, and they would be better off replacing him with someone that will offer relevant criticism. However, I think he would make a great mentor to the contestants.

    I will still watch Idol because I watch for the contestants, not the judges.
    gaycarebear likes this.

  • #20
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Not excited about Nicki or Mariah, but I'm really looking forward to Keith. IMO he deserves waaayyyy more than $3 million, though. But I think he will be a great judge. Mariah may be too, I don't dislike her I'm just kind of "meh" about her. Not looking forward to Nicki at all.


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •