Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Claire2004
  • 2 Post By gocountrymusic
  • 1 Post By bearball49
  • 1 Post By supercarriefan

Thread: Mjsbigblog - Keith Urban Addresses American Idol Judges’ Rumors

Mjsbigblog - Keith Urban Addresses American Idol Judges’ Rumors

Keith Urban Addresses American Idol Judges’ Rumors

Keith Urban confirms that American Idol honchos reached out to him regarding joining the judges’ panel:
    Keith Urban has finally addressed the rumors about being asked to judge American Idol. Speaking on an Australian radio show, Keith confirmed he has been asked, “They did reach out to us. But they have been reaching out to a lot of people, so I think they are just figuring out which way they are going to go too.” If he was offered the job, would he take it? Keith had this to say, “All I can say right now is that I’m trying to make an album and it’s strange how these opportunities all come in one big fell swoop. But my priority right now is to just make a record and that really has to lead the charge for me.”
    Keith Urban Addresses American Idol Judges' Rumors | American Idol | mjsbigblog

Audio of Keith's interview available at the link. Very nice, long interview. I like his response when he was asked about starting music career on reality shows, I think around 9:11.
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Keith Urban Addresses American Idol Judges' Rumors | American Idol | mjsbigblog

Audio of Keith's interview available at the link. Very nice, long interview. I like his response when he was asked about starting music career on reality shows, I think around 9:11.
    Wow. Coincidence, much?

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    In addition to this news from Keith, MJs also has an article about how negotiations with Nicki Minaj are supposedly not going smoothly. We aren't really going to know for sure who is taking seat with Mariah at the judging panel until it is officially announced by Fox.
    Nicki Minaj American Idol Negotiations Are a Struggle | American Idol | mjsbigblog

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I guess that's a no on Keith being the AI judge

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    See this is the type of guy that should be on a judges panel. I loved his answer for why he might not do it. He's respectful, smart and just loves to make music.
    opry051008 and rainbow1 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Glad to hear Brad's name is still mentioned.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Country Vibe is reporting today that Keith did sign up to judge Idol. Of course, nothing is final until Fox makes the announcement.
    Here's a link to MJs with a bit of background on Keith's history with Idol (including his co-headlining time with Carrie):
    Keith Urban & American Idol: A History (VIDEO) | Ace Young, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry, Danny Gokey, Kelly Clarkson, Kris Allen, Michael Johns, Scotty McCreery | mjsbigblog
    Claire2004 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Keith would be a great Idol judge and ambassador for the genre. The Voice has given Blake a big boost; this could do the same for Keith.

•