Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Jennifer Lopez confirmed she's leaving Idol!!!!!

  1. #1
    Insane Carrie Fan gaycarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N/C
    Posts
    5,472

    Jennifer Lopez confirmed she's leaving Idol!!!!!

    Ann055 and opry051008 like this.

  • #2
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    It has also been rumored that Randy will leave the judging panel, and become a mentor to the contestants. I hope it's true because I think he would have far more to offer in a mentoring role than as a judge.
    As for Jennifer leaving, it was only a matter of time. The show helped jumpstart her career again, and now she's moving like Steven.
    Mariah Carey is rumored to be in talks to judge, but I'm not putting a lot of hope into that rumor because she was also rumored to be filling a judge's spot two years ago. Perhaps Randy will convince her to talk his spot on the panel lol.

    I just hope they stick with only three judges, and don't go back to the four person panel. The network is going to drag out this whole "who will judge Idol" publicity for a while yet, so we all might as sit back and enjoy the ride . I would imagine they will reveal the new judging panel much like they did last time with a huge press conference.

  • #3
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    This is about surprising as the sun be in the sky when I got up this morning.

    As Meg said Fox, Fuller and the rest of the people involved will drag who will be the judges out for awhile, I would imagine that they have a pretty good idea of who they want, Mariah is back into the picture of being a judge.

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Raleigh , North Carolina
    Posts
    3,643
    Concert Stars
    Well I am not overly excited that Mariah is being considered to be a judge. Anyways, it will be interesting to see who the judges turn out to be and I do agree I hope they keep it to just 3 judges. Well at least Ryan Secrest will be back next year.
    Hil likes this.

  • #5
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    I thought this was confirmed a couple of days ago. lol.

  • #6
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,313
    Concert Stars
    Good, Glad to hear it.
    the last two years have given the show no direction what so ever.
    A cleaning of the house is needed.
    But it also brings to mind for me, that these judges never really committed themselves to this show in the first place.
    And I think that is kind of sad for the franchise.
    I think they came in to see what they could get and not what tehy could give.

  • #7
    Insane Carrie Fan gaycarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N/C
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I thought this was confirmed a couple of days ago. lol.
    Nope. It was only a rumor.

  • #8
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,313
    Concert Stars
    Sorry, had to stop typing for a minnte,
    Anyway, An opportunity to make the judges panel unbiased and helpful will make them useful and will make them worthy again.
    As it was, I felt completely manipulated by the way the judges behaved.
    And finally to reiterate what allamerican said, I think Steven was "too big" for the show. I don't want the show to be about judges who have products to sell, or careers to reinvigerate, or even reputations to uphold.
    I think the first 7 seasons worked cause you had a committed cast to the show itself.
    I hope the show goes back to that.

  • #9
    Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Pi314CA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,826
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Good, Glad to hear it.
    the last two years have given the show no direction what so ever.
    A cleaning of the house is needed.
    But it also brings to mind for me, that these judges never really committed themselves to this show in the first place.
    And I think that is kind of sad for the franchise.
    I think they came in to see what they could get and not what tehy could give.
    So true. Prior to Tyler and Lopez, a judge never performed on Idol.

    I hope Idol brings in three judges that have an eye for talent, know the music business, and provide beneficial critiques.
    pklongbeach likes this.

  • #10
    Insane Carrie Fan gaycarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N/C
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    So true. Prior to Tyler and Lopez, a judge never performed on Idol.

    I hope Idol brings in three judges that have an eye for talent, know the music business, and provide beneficial critiques.
    Actually, Paula did perform during season 8. She sang "I'm Just Here for the Music."
    supercarriefan and Pi314CA like this.

  • #11
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,313
    Concert Stars
    Ha ha Yes, and that was the beginning of the end (wink)!
    gaycarebear likes this.

  • #12
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Sorry, had to stop typing for a minnte,
    Anyway, An opportunity to make the judges panel unbiased and helpful will make them useful and will make them worthy again.
    As it was, I felt completely manipulated by the way the judges behaved.
    And finally to reiterate what allamerican said, I think Steven was "too big" for the show. I don't want the show to be about judges who have products to sell, or careers to reinvigerate, or even reputations to uphold.
    I think the first 7 seasons worked cause you had a committed cast to the show itself.
    I hope the show goes back to that.
    I have a feeling the network isn't looking to cast a judging panel based on how unbiased they can be. Sadly, I think they are more likely cast three celebs to fill the seats just so they can use their names to get more people to watch. I wish they would use this opportunity to create a panel of actual experts that could provide useful critiques to the contestants, and could actually offer opinions that didn't feel forced or manipulated in any way.
    I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think Simon, Paula and Randy gave terribly useful critiques for the first 7 seasons either. They may have been more honest, and they certainly came across as more authentic than the panel from the past few seasons, yet their critiques were still tailored for ratings. I know many people loved Simon's honesty, but he was just downright brutal most of time by telling people they were "cruise ship singers", "wedding singers" or "dreadful". Critiques like that aren't helpful to a singer at all lol.
    I would love for Idol to find a balance between judging that will get people to watch, yet also be thoughtful enough to help the contestants learn from their mistakes. Perhaps Randy can add that aspect if he does move from judge to mentor.
    JB172 and pklongbeach like this.

  • #13
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    7,830
    Concert Stars
    I'm actually glad to hear this. I really only liked her in the auditions, but
    not the live shows.

  • #14
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    I get so sick of hearing about the bias this and bias that BS.

    People have b!tched about that since the show started and not just over the past few years, there has always been Randy is biased towards the "Mariah Divas", Paula is biased towards "the cute guys", Simon is biased towards the people who is going to make him the most $$$$, Kara is biased towards "the cute guys", Ellen is biased towards everyone, Jennifer & Steven like this person or that person and hate this person or that person and on and on and on and on.

    Nothing is going to change that no matter who the hell the judges are.

  • #15
    Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,216
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Mariah Carey? NEXT...........Cast shania, or ring Jennifer nettles over from Duets....My lord she's good lol.
    I would love if they cast Jennifer Nettles. However, I think Jennifer will be a bit busy with her new baby by the time Idol starts .
    Continuing on the Duets judging panel theme, Robin Thicke and John Legend were both really good coaches and judges. Perhaps Idol could get one, or both, of them. They are helpful to the contestants in their comments, yet still funny and charming enough to make the audience feel connected to the show.
    Kelly has said she wouldn't want to judge Idol, but she would be good at it. She did a nice job on Duets this season.
    Now that Steven and Jennifer are officially out, I'm really worried about what we are going to end up with on the panel in January lol. The people that own Idol said they were going to make some changes in hopes to improve ratings, and that scares me. Hopefully, they don't change too much about the show, or it may backfire on them.
    Hil and nccountrygal like this.

  • #16
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    I would love if they cast Jennifer Nettles. However, I think Jennifer will be a bit busy with her new baby by the time Idol starts .
    Continuing on the Duets judging panel theme, Robin Thicke and John Legend were both really good coaches and judges. Perhaps Idol could get one, or both, of them. They are helpful to the contestants in their comments, yet still funny and charming enough to make the audience feel connected to the show.
    Kelly has said she wouldn't want to judge Idol, but she would be good at it. She did a nice job on Duets this season.
    Now that Steven and Jennifer are officially out, I'm really worried about what we are going to end up with on the panel in January lol. The people that own Idol said they were going to make some changes in hopes to improve ratings, and that scares me. Hopefully, they don't change too much about the show, or it may backfire on them.
    They have to have certain people in mind, the judges part of the auditions usually start in the early fall so that would give Fuller and the rest of the show less than three months to hire people.

  • #17
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,006
    American Idol revive Jennifer Lopez career.
    JB172 and Pi314CA like this.

  • #18
    Obsessed Carrie Fan Carrie&Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    1,256
    Good! Less of her naked bumpin and grinding. I miss her when she first started in music.

  • #19
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,086
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    American Idol revive Jennifer Lopez career.
    Agree. I think AI was too much about advancing/reviving careers of the judges, than the judges actually truly judging the contestants.

    I hope they start with a whole new panel of judges who will judge all contestants fairly and equally, including providing constructive criticism so they can improve on their talent. And please, let them end all the drama at the judges' table!

    If they can't get back to where the show began, I think they should scrap it. It's been too biased and too predictable for years.
    Mirasa45A and Pi314CA like this.

  • #20
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    17,948
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Agree. I think AI was too much about advancing/reviving careers of the judges, than the judges actually truly judging the contestants.

    I hope they start with a whole new panel of judges who will judge all contestants fairly and equally, including providing constructive criticism so they can improve on their talent. And please, let them end all the drama at the judges' table!

    If they can't get back to where the show began, I think they should scrap it. It's been too biased and too predictable for years.
    Who are they going to get who people are not going to say are biased towards whatever contestant?


  •  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Jennifer Lopez New Movie Role, Still Not Sure About Idol Return
      By Claire2004 in forum American Idol Chatter
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 06-27-2011, 03:52 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •