Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Lee Dewyze Dropped from RCA Records

American Idol winner Lee Dewyze has been dropped from RCA:

@mjsbigblog: It's official: Lee DeWyze has been dropped by RCA Records (via @THR)

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter last week, newly appointed RCA Records CEO Peter Edge confirmed that the 25-year-old DeWyze is no longer on the label. Under Sony Music CEO Doug Morris, who took the reigns in July, RCA has absorbed the rosters of Jive, Arista and J Records, all labels which have seen their share of Idols signings, both winners and runners up.

Lee continues to be managed by 19 and is working on new music. His option officially expired in September. Lee’s post-Idol debut, 010’s Live It Up, sold just over 168K.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/lee-dewyze...ca-records.htm

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's sad, I feel bad for Lee he just seems so forgotten, and he's the least successful idol and all even though he's really talented. I hope he finds another record thatll take him

Concert Stars
    Someone posted this over at MJ's blog. Ouch, my ears.

Concert Stars
    ^i never liked him or that season of AI in general.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Its sad, but not all that surprising. It was just a lack luster season, and while he is a really nice guy, his vocals were pretty average with nothing that unique to make up for it. I wish him the best though.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That sucks for him you need to keep making sales of your album

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is not great news, but Lee had a real battle because season nine was all about Simon instead of the contestants, then he didn't get great promo. I personally think he will do well as an independent artist, and he now has an established fan base that will hopefully follow him in whatever he does.
    I really like Lee, and I enjoyed his first album. He seems like a nice guy, too. I wish the very best for him with his music career.

Concert Stars
    "Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know I have not been with RCA for a good few months. I didnít want that to be my focus. I am putting out another album, and there are many things in the works. I am very happy to be making the music I am making, & the direction Iím going in. I have the best fans, and the best group of people working behind me on this album, and my career. Thank you for your continued support. I love you guys and canít wait to share What ive been working on with you. Iíll talk to you soon, itís beautiful outside, enjoy it!"

I mean no disrespect towards Lee, but I really doubt he would've won AI (Let alone been put through the show) if he had competed earlier than Season 9.
    He doesn't have the "star quality" of the past winners, and I think it really hurt him outside. His loyal fanbase will support him, but it seems the general public saw him as a sweet (largely forgettable) Idol contestant.
    I don't think it had anything to do with Season 9 itself, but just the fact that Lee really wasn't that great compared to past Idols, let alone in comparison to past Idol winners. Some of his performances on (and after) Idol show that, in a pretty harsh light, IMO.

Obsessed Carrie Fan carrieismy1idol's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    This is not great news, but Lee had a real battle because season nine was all about Simon instead of the contestants, then he didn't get great promo. I personally think he will do well as an independent artist, and he now has an established fan base that will hopefully follow him in whatever he does.
    I really like Lee, and I enjoyed his first album. He seems like a nice guy, too. I wish the very best for him with his music career.
    I Agree With You 100%

i hope lee finds another label, one that will support him & his music.

•