Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

AI 10 Tour Thread

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Mj's has a live blog on opening night of the tour and they have went back to the random performing.

Looks like there's a ton of Pia throughout the show. It's weird that Lauren does her solos so early in the show before James, Jacob and Haley. I was expecting them to mix up the order but I thought they'd leave Lauren and Scotty towards the end.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcomlvr87 View Post
    Looks like there's a ton of Pia throughout the show. It's weird that Lauren does her solos so early in the show before James, Jacob and Haley. I was expecting them to mix up the order but I thought they'd leave Lauren and Scotty towards the end.
    Pia does have a lot going on.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Here is the set list for the show.

http://mjsbigblog.com/american-idols...1-set-list.htm
    Last edited by JB172; 07-06-2011 at 10:04 PM.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Too Pia heavy in my opinion. Interested to see what the critics and fans say about everything to get a better feel of the concert.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Lauren does FOTF on the tour.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Here is Brian Mansfield take on the concert, seems like he really enjoyed it.

Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Concert Stars
    JamesJamesJamesJamesJames. Thanks.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    You could carp that seeing 11 fresh-faced “American Idol” contestants belt out songs by Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Cee-Lo Green is merely, as the TV show’s judges have often pointed out themselves, karaoke.

But considering that this past season’s finalists are the most talented singers ever assembled in the show’s 10 seasons, it is enjoyable and largely satisfying karaoke. With superior production values.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/enterta...esday.html.csp

Any media from the tour yet? I'm curious about Pia's single and some of the group numbers.

Concert Stars
    Did we get the second part of the setlist yet?

I want video of "Uprising" and "Sweet Child O' Mine."

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcomlvr87 View Post
    How would you like to sit through a whole show of entertaining people only to end with the drab & boring Lauren & Scotty. Talk about ending on a down note!

Pia's new single

Final group song for the tour (medley)

McLaina duet "When You Say Nothing At All"

Scotty's set

Scotty McCreery takes the stage

It's time for the final set of the night, and we get a lead-in of every winner's announcement American Idol has ever had, from Kelly Clarkson all the way up to a 17-year-old kid from North Carolina. By the time Scotty doubles over, the crowd is one its feet from the front to the back of the hall.First song? You guessed it ... "Baby, lock them doors and turn the lights down low." It's Josh Turner's Your Man. And if we've seen flash and spectacle up to this point, we're in Scotty's comfort zone now -- it's plaid shirts and blue jeans all the way. But he puts a little extra effort into the line, "I can't believe how much it turns me on," and it gets the same response as sparks raining from the ceiling would have.
    But Scotty doesn't need the effects. He's charismatic enough to own the stage by just leaning into the microphone a little as he strums his acoustic guitar and sings Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not? He tilts his head back, and he's singing to the very back rows as if they were just 20 feet away.
    "Y'all are the first ones that get to see the American Idol 2011 tour live," he tells the audience. "Are you enjoying it?" They are.
    As he sings I Love You This Big, some people sit down, but young girls throughout the hall stand and sway, some waving their arms in the air, others clutching their hands to their chests, and a few bringing them to their mouths as they scream. It's Scottymania, y'all.
    Following Scotty's single, the stage goes dark and Scotty walks to the back. When the lights come up again, he's singing the Keith Whitley hit When You Say Nothing at All. Lauren Alaina joins him for the chorus. Though it wasn't designed as a duet, When You Say Nothing at All works well as one -- Lauren takes the second verse -- since it was a hit not only for Whitley but for Alison Krauss, as well. Scotty and Lauren don't have quite the magic of Casey and Haley, but it's a crowd-pleaser.
    Looks like we're coming to the end of the show, because the guitarist plays the opening lines of Montgomery Gentry's Gone, and Lauren, Thia, Haley and Pia comes out to sing background for Scotty. Man, I hope they find this kid a song this good for his album, because he wrecks the house with it and he looks like he's hardly trying.

Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Popular opinion holds that this was one of Idol’s better seasons, and that the strength came from musical diversity. Indeed there was rock and soul and something like jazz, country and a whole lot of pop. The women -- Haley Reinhart, Naima Adedapo, Pia Toscano, Thia Megia and runner-up Lauren Alaina -- showed best, owing in part to the current domination of pop music by women. It was easier to pick good songs for them, and they knew how to sing them.

Live Review: 'American Idol Live' at the Rose Garden | OregonLive.com

Scotty/Lauren duet.

Love these two. Adorable and they sound great together! Lauren's limping around in her bedazzled cast, such a trooper.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast