Concert Stars

J.Lo, Tyler cash in on 'Idol' How Scotty compares with Underwood (IYH mention)

CANOE -- JAM! Television - TV Shows - American Idol: J.Lo, Tyler cash in on 'Idol'

Scotty's I Love You This Big debuted not so big at No. 32, while runner-up Lauren Alaina's Like My Mother Does, bowed at No. 49.By contrast, Season 4 winner Carrie Underwood's Idol coronation song, Inside Your Heaven, entered the Hot 100 chart at No. 1.

I gotta say, that article was clearly written by someone who has next to no knowledge about how the charts work. The Hot 100 chart is not even really comparable to the country charts.

Obsessed Carrie Fan conorlovescarrie:)'s Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah they must have no idea how the country charts work, didnt their songs debut higher than IYH on the country side? (but IYH isnt really country)

Concert Stars
    ^yeah, IHY only went to like 52 on the country charts lol

Concert Stars
    I don't think that was their point.
    The point was that IYH scored Carrie her first #1 single.
    And Scotty and Lauren missed out even in the genre that they were sold to.
    I heard Laurens song on the radio the other day and I know this for sure. There is no way she is going to be able to deliver the kind of performance that she does on that recording live in concert. That song ends up way to big for her voice and she is now gonna have to try to accomplish that oever and oever again.
    She does not have the voice for it.
    As far as Scotty, I am still alittle surprised that he has not been embrased more immediately. He is doing well if he were some kid off the street. But as an American Idol Winner being welcomed into the country industry, it's not been exactly a smash.
    And I agree with the writers hinting that both J-lo and Tyler both sold out the contestants to gain their own fame back.
    J-Lo imparticular was just too much.
    Books/Videos/Song releases/performance slots.
    Good grief!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Good grief!
    AI actually made me dislike her. O_O I used to like her but her promo was more oversaturated than TS has ever been.

Concert Stars
    Well, I wouldn't go THAT far!!

Concert Stars
    Well, TS got shoved down our throats over a span of a few years. JLo got shoved down our throats over a span of four months. AND she was "the most beautiful person." WTF? That's when I started getting irritated. She appears as a judge on a reality show and now all of a sudden she's the most beautiful person on the planet? That hoe needs to GET OFF MY PLANET.

YES, I'm cranky lol.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Well, TS got shoved down our throats over a span of a few years. JLo got shoved down our throats over a span of four months. AND she was "the most beautiful person." WTF? That's when I started getting irritated. She appears as a judge on a reality show and now all of a sudden she's the most beautiful person on the planet? That hoe needs to GET OFF MY PLANET.

YES, I'm cranky lol.
    Very funny but you have a point. I dont think she is a good singer anyway. I dont listen to her music.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I don't think that was their point.
    The point was that IYH scored Carrie her first #1 single.
    And Scotty and Lauren missed out even in the genre that they were sold to.

I heard Laurens song on the radio the other day and I know this for sure. There is no way she is going to be able to deliver the kind of performance that she does on that recording live in concert. That song ends up way to big for her voice and she is now gonna have to try to accomplish that oever and oever again.
    She does not have the voice for it.
    As far as Scotty, I am still alittle surprised that he has not been embrased more immediately. He is doing well if he were some kid off the street. But as an American Idol Winner being welcomed into the country industry, it's not been exactly a smash.
    And I agree with the writers hinting that both J-lo and Tyler both sold out the contestants to gain their own fame back.
    J-Lo imparticular was just too much.
    Good grief!
    Unless I'm mistaken, it's next to impossible to debut at #1 on the country charts unless you are Garth Brooks. Why on earth would anyone expect Scotty or Lauren to debut at #1? Much as I hate the song "I Love You This Big," it's doing very well on the charts, and I think Lauren's song is doing pretty well also. The country genre seems to be accepting them with open arms.

Concert Stars
    This article was written for twist value to get people's attention - fact is Carrie did debut at #1 on the Hot 100 - Scottie and Lauren did not even though downloading singles is more popular today- which means Scotty didn't have as many fans buying his single as Carrie did regardless whether the song was pop or country. It does show the actual buying the debut single numbers are way less for Scotty. If Carrie had released a country single for her first song it probably would have debuted about the same as she was the first Idol country artist. As for Jlo and Steven - hey, it's the perks that come with the job, more power to them - I feel they did their job and finding the top 12 they did - kudos to all

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I think pklongbeach was saying Lauren sounded much better on her cd than she was ever going to be able to deliver in person - I agree (correct me if I'm wrong pklongbeach). I love Lauren's personality - if TS can produce cd's by autotune and be successful maybe Lauren can - if her personality doesn't change, she'll win over many who struggle with Taylor's fame!! I still think Scotty is going to pick up a lot of the tween love if given good material to sing. I'm anxious to watch and see how these two do. I think they are both proimising, given help.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I agree JLo really took advantage of her judging to role to promote herself. I personally don't think IDol had any judges this year - no one that was really working with them to help them!

•