Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina Among Presenters For '2011 CMT Music Awards'

NASHVILLE – May 31, 2011 – The list of stars attending the 2011 CMT MUSIC AWARDS keeps growing with the addition of Shania Twain, Justin Bieber, “American Idol” winner Scotty McCreery and runner-up Lauren Alaina, Pittsburgh Steelers receiver and “Dancing with the Stars” winner Hines Ward, Sara Evans, Train, Kristin Chenoweth, stars of the CMT original movie “To The Mat” Laura Bell Bundy and Ricky Schroder, Green Bay Packers’ Clay Matthews, actress Melissa Peterman and actress Mary Steenburgen. Previously announced performers Luke Bryan and Sheryl Crow will also present, with Crow serving as this year’s spokesperson for CMT ONE COUNTY. The 2011 CMT MUSIC AWARDS premieres LIVE on Wednesday, June 8 at 8:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. CT on CMT and CMT.com.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-awards/94263/

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow, that's pretty big! That & they will both be playing at the softball game during CMA Fest. Great exposure for both of them. I'm glad the country music world is trying to give them equal love.

Country music really is a family; Lauren and Scotty are lucky to be a part of it.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Good for them. I figured they would be getting those two some exposure to the country world as quickly as possible.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Wow!!! Their whirlwind begins. Their heads must be spinning. Lucky kids.

Concert Stars
    I am very happy for them both!

But it is looking more and more unlikely that Carrie has any plans to attend the CMA Fest, CMT AWards, or the softball game.

Gosh I am frustrated because for years I have BEGGED for Australia and an overseas tour...and now I finally get my wish-- but they schedule it the exact week of the CMA Fest and CMT AWards, etc. lol

Not sure though-- I am just guessing. We don't know the exact dates that Carrie will be in australia, but if it interferes with CMA Fest and CMT awards then that all fits with why Carrie is not announced as attending the CMT awards yet, etc.

I am just mystified as to why they didn't schedule the trip a few days after the CMT AWards at least. They can skip the softball game etc- but the CMT Awards are pretty important in the country music industry. Plus carrie won last year so it seems odd that she wouldn't attend. She must know she lost already maybe?

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post

But it is looking more and more unlikely that Carrie has any plans to attend the CMA Fest, CMT AWards, or the softball game.

Gosh I am frustrated because for years I have BEGGED for Australia and an overseas tour...and now I finally get my wish-- but they schedule it the exact week of the CMA Fest and CMT AWards, etc. lol

Not sure though-- I am just guessing. We don't know the exact dates that Carrie will be in australia, but if it interferes with CMA Fest and CMT awards then that all fits with why Carrie is not announced as attending the CMT awards yet, etc.

I am just mystified as to why they didn't schedule the trip a few days after the CMT AWards at least. They can skip the softball game etc- but the CMT Awards are pretty important in the country music industry. Plus carrie won last year so it seems odd that she wouldn't attend. She must know she lost already maybe?
    CMT awards arent THAT important haha
    becca T

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I guess I missed it but where was it posted that Scotty and Lauren are going to be at the softball game? Gosh, if Carrie misses the softball game that will be the first time that she's missed it in 6 years -- know she didn't do it in 2005 but since then.

Concert Stars
    ^ There were several tweets coming in today that Lauren and Scotty will be at the softball game, but not Carrie. Very odd. It must be the Australia thing.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    CMT awards arent THAT important haha
    becca T

any exposure in any way is important though...
    performing at the LP field is quite big and would have been great but not expecting it since Carrie doesn't have any single. I do hope though that Brad would take that time during CMT fest to duet with Carrie.

Concert Stars
    Yeah Carrie needs the exposure especially given that Miranda and Taylor are everywhere, and beating her right now. She needs to keep fighting back....like she did at the ACMS and the Girls Night Out Special....to remind people she is still in the race.

They never take this much time off between singles and albums, so that is what worries me.

Probably coincides with her trip to Australia.

Insane Carrie Fan
    yeah it would be odd that of ALL the dates in the mid of June- (if it were to coincide with her trip to australia) that they would specifically pick the day of the CMT festival performance date....
    hmm oh well. CMT AWARDS is coming up FIRST so let's put our attention on that first. CARRIE will be presentso let's focus on what we can CONTROL and put our minds to it.

2011 CMT Music Awards : Video of the Year : Country Music Videos Awards Show - June 8, 2011

Carrie is up for FEMALE and VIDEO of the YEAR for UNDO IT

two categories <- ^ remember!!

please vote NOW if you hadn't already!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOG1001 View Post
    Probably coincides with her trip to Australia.
    That is what it is.

She needs to get over there at least a few days before she has to do anything just to get to use to such a drastic time change.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecountrystar View Post
    any exposure in any way is important though...
    performing at the LP field is quite big and would have been great but not expecting it since Carrie doesn't have any single. I do hope though that Brad would take that time during CMT fest to duet with Carrie.
    But I don't think they want to do it then if they're wanting to save it for the CMA show in Nov. I wouldn't think they'd want it to be on TV in Sept and then again in Nov. I'm thinking they really want to make a BIG impact with the performance in Nov. since they feel the song is that special.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    That is what it is.

She needs to get over there at least a few days before she has to do anything just to get to use to such a drastic time change.
    In addition, she has to get back to the states for a concert in Wis. on June 25th. This is tight planning! LOL

Gosh, I hope her and Mike like to sleep on planes cuz they're going to be on one for about 20 hours. LOL
    Last edited by DaisyTweets; 05-31-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah Carrie needs the exposure especially given that Miranda and Taylor are everywhere, and beating her right now. She needs to keep fighting back....like she did at the ACMS and the Girls Night Out Special....to remind people she is still in the race.

They never take this much time off between singles and albums, so that is what worries me.

Tee, you said the same thing during all the downtime before CC. Breathe. It. Will. Be. Fine.

Carrie Guru
    Well according to Adrian in the Australian Bound thread, things are still being worked on. That's probably why we've had no confirmation of her attendance at the baseball game because nothing has been fully confirmed.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Well according to Adrian in the Australian Bound thread, things are still being worked on. That's probably why we've had no confirmation of her attendance at the baseball game because nothing has been fully confirmed.
    I also think there is still one performance slot open on Thursday night at LP Field at the CMA fest. I believe there are only 5 acts confirmed to be performing so far on Thursday and there are 6 on all the other nights. Maybe they are waiting to see what happens with Carrie's schedule.

Tee, scheduling needs to accommodate for both sides as well. Australian side needs to have dates suitable for them too lol. Who knows if the clash of dates is simply because those are the best dates available for both sides?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieflattsfan View Post
    [/B]

Tee, you said the same thing during all the downtime before CC. Breathe. It. Will. Be. Fine.
    lol true...but there was only a few months gap between the 5th single off CR and the release of CC. There has been 6 months this time with no song on the radio, and without RM, it might have been longer. I just wish I knew their plans.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast