Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Carrie Fan

Idol's White-Guy Problem

Scotty McCreery has a good shot at becoming the most successful Idol winner since Carrie Underwood. But, Richard Rushfield says, the show is unfairly fixed—by the audience.

Scotty McCreery Wins American Idol: Why He Won - The Daily Beast

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I cant wait for scotty to sell average so that people can FINALLY see than idol isnt the even the main reason carrie is turning into such an iconic star.
    becca T

Concert Stars
    I don't think Idol has a white guy problem. They have a lack of white guy problems.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    I cant wait for scotty to sell average so that people can FINALLY see than idol isnt the even the main reason carrie is turning into such an iconic star.
    becca T
    I couldn't agree more. I am getting annoyed that people say that "Country fans are loyal", which they are but Carrie is successful because she is THAT good!!!

I actually think Lauren will do better than Scotty!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    AI has a teenage girl who will vote, vote and vote again problem.

Fantasia & Jordin were lucky to be on the show when they were because they wouldn't win now.

3 words: Kristy Lee Cook

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I don't think just because one of the idols do well reflects on what Carrie has accomplish. It is already well documented that just because you win AI
    does not mean you will do well.

Concert Stars
    I have already read so many things saying Scotty is gong to be the biggest seller ever from the show, he is going to win the most awards, he is gong to be even bigger than Carrie. I have to laugh, the over exhuberance of some these folks is killing me.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I like Scotty, he's a cute, nice kid with a good voice. He may sell well at first to all the little girls that voted for him, but he is not going to make pop music, so he is not going to hold their attention very long.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I like Scotty, he's a cute, nice kid with a good voice. He may sell well at first to all the little girls that voted for him, but he is not going to make pop music, so he is not going to hold their attention very long.
    Agree. I've read comparisons between Scotty, Bieber and Swift. Personally, I don't see anything POP in Scotty; therefore, not much for comparison. Scotty seems like a sweet kid, however, and I hope he does well. Regarding longevity - time will tell.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I have already read so many things saying Scotty is gong to be the biggest seller ever from the show, he is going to win the most awards, he is gong to be even bigger than Carrie. I have to laugh, the over exhuberance of some these folks is killing me.
    He will never be bigger than Carrie - no one can be bigger than Carrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    He may not hold the attention of the young girls, but he's got my attention, lol.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by hjj View Post
    I don't think just because one of the idols do well reflects on what Carrie has accomplish. It is already well documented that just because you win AI
    does not mean you will do well.
    I don't get what this has to do with Carrie either, nothing what any past winner or future winner does has anything at all to do with what Carrie has accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by diva101 View Post
    3 words: Kristy Lee Cook
    Yup. I'm hoping that now that the "prophesy"/"curse" is fulfilled that we can get back on track haha

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    becca T
    What Scotty does is not going to have any effect at all on peoples opinion of Carrie, if after six years people can't see her for what she is they are NEVER going to and nothing will ever change their minds.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlandgirl4life View Post
    He will never be bigger than Carrie - no one can be bigger than Carrie.

He may not hold the attention of the young girls, but he's got my attention, lol.
    Lol, well, the little girls are the BIG record buyers. I don't have any idea how well he'll do initially, but I think it will be above average just because of his Idol fans. Once the younger crowd decides they don't care for the country music he's making, I hope he'll even out and have a pretty stable career. He just has to get the right music and I have no idea what the right kind of music is for him. Country, I know, but I can't see him doing Jason Aldea/Keith Urban kind of country, and if he does Turner/Jackson/Strait kind of country I won't be buying beyond the first album. He is so young, but his voice and style are old-school country. It will be very interesting to see where he ends up. Somewhere in the middle of those two groups I hope. Maybe kind of a Brad Paisley/Chris Young type of music would be good for him.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    I hope he will finish high school first.

Concert Stars
    If next year a girl wins, I'll be ok. If another guy wins... I'll be pissed unless he happens to be my favorite... ???

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    I hope he will finish high school first.
    He's definitely going to college - he mentioned in an interview with Ryan Seacrest that he wants to go to Belmont.

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I am beginning to sound like a Scotty fan but I think he is finishing this yr. At least I know he is talking about enrolling at Belmont and going to college part time. I think he sounds like a solid guy and as bad as that debut song is he sounds pretty good on it. I'm in a wait and see mode for him and will be watching to see if he is able to get a good album out there. I hope they let him do a mature album out so he does not get identified only with the tweens.

NKL
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Scotty's voice is good, but he's no Josh Turner. That said, Scotty has amazing communication skills, especially for someone 17 years old. With his ability to communicate and his Garth Brooks like confidence, I think he will do much better than most think. I downloaded Lauren's Idol cd this am and I'm blown away with her sound. Auto tuned or not, she sounds great. Anyway is right up there with Martina's version. When I heard it, I was shocked.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast