Ultimate Carrie Fan

Country singers stage final showdown on ‘American Idol’

Some have griped that this outcome will make for a boring finale because the finalists share the same musical style. That assessment isn’t fair or accurate. There are enough distinct shades of difference in country music — and between Scotty and Lauren — to make for an interesting race. He’s the more confident, rootsy choice. She’s the more contemporary, callow teen who will blossom over the years. Lauren is more gifted than she realizes. Both are deserving of their place and fulfill the show’s mission of finding marketable pop stars.

Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar
    I guess most people saying that this finale is boring are those non-country music fans or those anti-Scotty and Lauren ...
    I don't mind about it and definitely still watching

Concert Stars
    I disagree with almost all he blogged, but do agree that the judges were basically useless by half way through and it made for a teen dominated and very predictable outcome.
    But everything that was said about Scotty and Laurens deserved positions I completely disagree with.
    We have had other questionable finalists Lee/Kris/Hicks, but no one could argue that they did not try with every fiber of their being to get to where they were. So it was a justifiable vicory for them.
    Neither Scotty or Lauren have even bothered to break a sweat. Cause they have not had to. They were told from the start that they were loved and perfect. And so now they are standing before us now loved and perfect.
    Boring, predicable and youth-centric!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamLikesCarrie View Post
    I guess most people saying that this finale is boring are those non-country music fans or those anti-Scotty and Lauren ...
    I don't mind about it and definitely still watching
    Agree very much!

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    We have our very first country showdown on AI season 10

Concert Stars
    They are both extremely young! When does it air? I just watched their auditions. xD

•