Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Concert Stars

James Durbin Thread

Judas Priest man. So I JUST found out that not only does he love all my music, but he has Tourettes and Asperger's! This is gonna sound really messed up, but people with Asperger's are so interesting to me . . .

Anyhow, he is now officially my favourite and it is a guarantee I'll be watching this season.

I think on the Rocker Boy Reign thread, I commented that no rocker boy has ever won AI and that if they had a metal singer, only then would I watch. It's like AI read my mind!

What do you guys think of him?

hjj
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I thought he did great this week and agree he indeed is the 1st rocker. If he shows me more than the high note/scream I will like him better.

well I am happy he is going after his dreams with his problems but... I don't like him and his screaming he reminds me of Adam Lambert screaming stuff. but to each it's own.

Concert Stars
    Last night was terrible. He'd BETTER get a record deal.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Oh, I'm sure he won't have any trouble with that. I'm not a fan of his style, but I won't deny talent.

Concert Stars
    James was incredible. He should have won.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by twaintrain View Post
    James was incredible. He should have won.
    YES. I agree.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    James should have been around for the finale. Too many voters hopped on the Poor Haley train, and lost sight of the fact that James was one of the most consistent Idols this season, and certainly the most entertaining. I hope he comes out with a killer album, and sells well. Universal would be stupid to not sign him.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    James should have been around for the finale. Too many voters hopped on the Poor Haley train, and lost sight of the fact that James was one of the most consistent Idols this season, and certainly the most entertaining. I hope he comes out with a killer album, and sells well. Universal would be stupid to not sign him.
    I think it was more poor Lauren. She nearly had a mental breakdown. I hate that they lowered the age to 15 because some kids just aren't ready. I'm really worried for her.

Back to James though, I'll miss him and I thought he would have been a nice change to the recent winners we've had. Maybe now that he lost, he'll be able to put out the metal album he wants. We all know he's going to be signed.

Quote Originally Posted by supercarriefan View Post
    James should have been around for the finale. Too many voters hopped on the Poor Haley train, and lost sight of the fact that James was one of the most consistent Idols this season, and certainly the most entertaining.
    Yup. Technically, based on this week's performances Scotty should be booted out instead, but of course, we all know he's a lock.... so it's the recent surge in Haley's popularity, combined with the bussing of Haley, that caused James his spot in the Top 3. It's too bad that James peaked earlier in the season as well. His past two weeks haven't been as good imo, by his standard.

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gocountrymusic View Post
    I think it was more poor Lauren. She nearly had a mental breakdown. I hate that they lowered the age to 15 because some kids just aren't ready. I'm really worried for her.

Back to James though, I'll miss him and I thought he would have been a nice change to the recent winners we've had. Maybe now that he lost, he'll be able to put out the metal album he wants. We all know he's going to be signed.
    My poor Haley comment was in regards to Idol viewers and the media treating Haley as though she is such a victim because the judges give her negative feedback. Many people seem to be voting for her simply based on the fact that they feel some wrong has been done to her that they need to fix. There has been little press about Lauren's tears, so sorry, but very few people are thinking poor Lauren enough to change their vote. The Haley praising and conspiracy theories have been taken too far. She is no victim.

Concert Stars
    I just heard!
    Allamericangirl, I am devastated.
    I feel like I just got some karmic punch in the stomach.
    I was one who was so caught on the Haley-victim train (and I do think she was terribly mistreated) that I lost sight of the stretigic aspect of the game.
    It should have been more obvious that at this point in the game you must vote for who you want to "win" not who you feel sorry for.
    I still blame the judges for every bit of this.
    This is what happens when you stack the cards. This is what happens when you manipulate the game.
    Did they, on some level, know that my beating up on Haley that the casual vote would shift to her and away from James leaving him vunerable??
    They knew Scotty and Lauren were not in danger. They must have known that James did not have the committed fan base that most of us thought he did. And history has proven that if you overcritisize someone, the pubic reacts.
    All I know in no uncertain terms is that they wanted Scotty and Lauren in the top two all along. This was a total setup.
    Between Pia/Jacob/James/Haley (who does not stand a chance of making top two) they have systematically sabotaged each one.
    Anyway I am just ranting out of frustrating cause I feel sucker punched.
    And I know it's my own fault.
    I have not watched any video yet, I am not sure I can handle watching him go.

Aww man... I finally saw James's elimination video. Not gonna lie.... I teared up a bit. Such a great guy. His run on Idol has been fantastic, will miss him next week for sure

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Concert Stars
    @Patrick You are not the only one devastated by any means. It wasn't your fault completely. The show inadvertently sabotaged James by attacking Haley. I had a feeling this would happen.

There's a lot of cute scenes in the results show about James in addition to an awesome country performance. But I did cry when he got eliminated. He was devastated.

Concert Stars
    James bring Hard Rock back to the Radio my friend you can do it!!!! Your the real winner never forget that!!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    He had me at #15...that's awesome, haha.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    I just heard!
    Allamericangirl, I am devastated.
    I feel like I just got some karmic punch in the stomach.
    I was one who was so caught on the Haley-victim train (and I do think she was terribly mistreated) that I lost sight of the stretigic aspect of the game.
    It should have been more obvious that at this point in the game you must vote for who you want to "win" not who you feel sorry for.
    I still blame the judges for every bit of this.
    This is what happens when you stack the cards. This is what happens when you manipulate the game.
    Did they, on some level, know that my beating up on Haley that the casual vote would shift to her and away from James leaving him vunerable??
    They knew Scotty and Lauren were not in danger. They must have known that James did not have the committed fan base that most of us thought he did. And history has proven that if you overcritisize someone, the pubic reacts.
    All I know in no uncertain terms is that they wanted Scotty and Lauren in the top two all along. This was a total setup.
    Between Pia/Jacob/James/Haley (who does not stand a chance of making top two) they have systematically sabotaged each one.
    Anyway I am just ranting out of frustrating cause I feel sucker punched.
    And I know it's my own fault.
    I have not watched any video yet, I am not sure I can handle watching him go.

I don't think all Haley's votes came from sympathy - I think she has been picking songs and nailing them - Bennie and the Jetts, Rolling in the Deep, House of the Rising Sun and I Who Have Nothing, she has been gaining fans and I think alot of them were spurred to vote with her rendition of I Who Have Nothing and the fact that there would be the Top 3- afterall she has gotten three standing ovations recently from the judges, more than any other so you can't count out that people voted for her for her talent, so I suggest that even if the judges hadn't dissed her she might have made the Top 3 anyway- momentum is in her favor

Concert Stars
    I believe Dio is, was and always will be the father of metal.

I have never read a truer statement.

I don't eat beef because cows are too cute!
    No, YOU'RE too cute lol. But he's right. Still, I pretend my hotdog is made out of chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlandgirl4life View Post
    He had me at #15...that's awesome, haha.
    Haha #15 is a such a big surprise. So I guess him singing that country duet with Scotty isn't really that much of a stretch for him

•  
    Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast