Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2773Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - New Album Era

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood 6 - New Album Era

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ON-TOPIC FOR ACTUAL DISCUSSION REGARDING WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT ALBUM 6. OFF-TOPIC POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Refer to the thread below for discussion about what Carrie has done in the past, her voice, what you wish she would do in regards to Christmas/Gospel/Rock/Cover albums, etc. You can talk about what you would like to see in Album 6 in this thread, as long as the conversation doesn't veer off topic.

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/car...has-begun.html

Per Carrie on Twitter - she is writing full time for Album #6.

https://twitter.com/carrieunderwood/...10658701524994

Courtesy of Typo at Pulse, we have some potential new co-writes and songs on hold. This information is very preliminary.

Carrie Underwood | "Storyteller" | Signs with UMG Nashville | Pulse Music Board

On Hold:

"Gold Rush" - (Hillary Lindsey and Jamie Moore)

New Co-Writes:

"Biscuits & Gravy" - (Jessi Alexander, Gordie Sampson, Carrie Underwood)

"Haunted" - (Chris DeStefano, David Hodges, Carrie Underwood) (Typo believes this may have been written for the BA/ST eras)

"Dirt Dance Floor" - (Barry Dean, Luke Laird, Carrie Underwood) thanks Typo
    Last edited by maddkat; 5 Days Ago at 05:20 AM.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Haunted is definitely old, I recall it being hold for a while for BA; so I am not expecting it be on this album.

Concert Stars
    I would like to see her move away from Hilary Lindsey a bit.
    lolita55, hjj and Claire2004 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^I have to agree; not so Hilary Lindsey heavy. I honestly want a COUNTRY-ROCK album.

I am hoping she is inspired to write a ATHEMIC song that is a rocker in honor of her husband's team and hopefully right for the winter Olympics.
    I want a ROCKER Carrie.
    melvinc likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I am so excited!!! Cannot wait to listen to all the new songs for the first time!! Whenever that may be

There were SEVERAL super intriguing song titles from Storyteller's cuts, holds, and co-writes, but I think 'Biscuits & Gravy' takes the cake.

I want an extra red-neck, stompy, sassy, almost trashy Carrie song. Now.
    lolita55 and Josh like this.

"Biscuits & Gravy" - (Jessi Alexander, Gordie Sampson, Carrie Underwood)
    Canadian musician Gordie Sampson has been involved in three of my favourite Carrie songs from earlier eras : "Just A Dream" (CR), "Someday When I Stop Loving You" (PO) and "Leave Love Alone"(BA)

Jessi Alexander is a writer I particularly admire. (She is married to Jon Randall - who co-wrote "Oklahoma Wind" - but, unlike her husband, Jessi does not seem to be releasing material through Reynsongs Entertainment, whose songs Carrie seems to have thrown out after concerns over premature leaks.)

Jessi was one of the artists who lost her contract at Sony in 2006, in the shakeout following Joe Galante's takeover from John Grady. Among her recent strong co-writes have been the emotional bereavement song "I Drive Your Truck", and the iconic road artist anthem "Damn Country Music". She also co-wrote four or five tracks on Ashley Monroe's recent acclaimed album, and has had a couple of co-writes with Miranda Lambert, including another powerful song about the conflicting pulls of touring and home life "Holding Onto You" (one of the best tracks on Platinum), and "Things That Break" (on the present ML album). Jessi also has an excellent recent album of her own, "Down Home", and she has been described as one of Country Music's 'Best Kept Secrets'.

"Biscuits and gravy" ?? Lol can't imagine a song about that TBH.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    me either!
    simonplay and melvinc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    "Mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy" was one of the chorus lines in a recent song by Kacey Musgraves (co-written with Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally). As that song had a serious message, performed with a light-hearted "Hee Haw" parody video, it received quite a lot of attention - which could conceivably reduce the chances of the other song being picked for an up-coming album. However Carrie's co-write may be quite different, in both theme and presentation - so we'll have to wait and see.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    "Mind your own biscuits and life will be gravy" was one of the chorus lines in a recent song by Kacey Musgraves (co-written with Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally). As that song had a serious message, performed with a light-hearted "Hee Haw" parody video, it received quite a lot of attention - which could conceivably reduce the chances of the other song being picked for an up-coming album. However Carrie's co-write may be quite different, in both theme and presentation - so we'll have to wait and see.
    Didn't care for the song or video; so I'm hoping Biscuits and Gravy is not on Carrie's next album.
    maddkat, melvinc and Josh like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
    Didn't care for the song or video; so I'm hoping Biscuits and Gravy is not on Carrie's next album.
    Based on Carrie's recording history, it might be a song where she poisons her man's biscuits and gravy, so...we'll see.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    Based on Carrie's recording history, it might be a song where she poisons her man's biscuits and gravy, so...we'll see.
    That was good - ha - but probably correct!!
    rainbow1, ethelu and oldyfan like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Although I hope she chooses more writers than Hillary Lindsey, I think Gold Rush is my favorite of the three titles. Looking forward for more to come.
    melvinc likes this.

Concert Stars
    I also hope she weans herself away from Mark Bright & finds a new producer with a different vision.

Concert Stars
    I don't really need a "biscuits and gravy" song from Carrie anymore than I needed a "smoke break" song from her. So hoping that does not take shape.
    Haunted intrigues me mostly because I always like DeStefano's contributions to Carries catalog.

I always try to keep an open mind when it comes to what a Carrie album is going to look like just so I can enjoy it for what it is intended to be and not what my mind might come up with. So we shall seem.
    Titles don't do a whole for me as far as judging the potential for a song. They can either be completely innocuous. Or sound very intriguing and in both cases can end up being the opposite. ha ha ha.....

So I am just happy that we are already talking about a new album.
    teesharky and oldyfan like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    About how much time between the first titles getting found and the first single being released elapsed usually? I'm not good at remembering the timeline leading up to the single release. I know others are very good at remembering everything that happens, which is really amazing.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    About how much time between the first titles getting found and the first single being released elapsed usually? I'm not good at remembering the timeline leading up to the single release. I know others are very good at remembering everything that happens, which is really amazing.
    I don't remember but a quick check of the Storyteller forum shows it was about 10 months, but then we had the GH released in the middle of writing so probably more like 16 months on a par with the Blown Away era.
    rainbow1 and adam1995 like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't really care about the title of the song. They can be so misleading!

Some of my fav songs from Carrie have the most uninteresting titles lol.... like Blown Away, What I Never Knew I Always Wanted, Look At Me (I know it's a cover), You Won't Find This, Don't Forget to Remember Me, Wasted, Do You Think About Me etc.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Stay on topic and don't argue. If you can't, I will turn off commenting for this thread until later in the album process. Go to the other Album 6 thread if you want to argue.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

•  
    Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast