Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1914
Like Tree6369Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - New Album Era

Insane Carrie Fan
    ^Probably a whole Prince tribute album.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrieslegs84 View Post
    Highly doubt it.I’m guessing that he wasn’t one of the artists she listened to growing up.I just don’t see her covering him seeing as he probably wasn’t an artist that was that influential to her in her musical development growing up.I know you’re probably joking,but the whole Prince thing just seems like a reach to me.
    Actually she listened to all kinds of artists. So it's not out of the probability that she listened to Prince. She has said that Freddy Mercury was a huge influence on her,. When she works out her play list might have Prince on it

Also in an interview she talks about buying her first CD and I can't remember exactly who it was but I'm thinking it was along the lines of AC/DC. Who remembers exactly what she bought?
    txacar, Suellen, maddkat and 2 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    Actually she listened to all kinds of artists. So it's not out of the probability that she listened to Prince. She has said that Freddy Mercury was a huge influence on her,. When she works out her play list might have Prince on it

Also in an interview she talks about buying her first CD and I can't remember exactly who it was but I'm thinking it was along the lines of AC/DC. Who remembers exactly what she bought?
    I think you’re right about AC/DC! If not maybe it was Aerosmith or Guns N Roses. I can’t remember exactly either though

Concert Stars
    Haha we need some news soon. Lol She is definitely taking her time this era. Hoping we hear something soon!
    txacar, oldyfan, rainbow1 and 4 others like this.

Concert Stars
    I am really getting antsy waiting for news! :-) I know she said she was going into the studio, so now I anxiously waiting for when we will get the 1st single. I loved having TC, but that is not a new single that will be played on the radio. Hurry up Carrie! :-)
    Suellen, john1987, hjj and 8 others like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    I hope we can all get along, respecting one another's differences in personality, priorities and expectations.

On the question of there being so few recent hints about new music and timing, I can understand people's frustration, but i feel we should bear in mind Carrie's accident, which probably affected the timetable - and also the fact that this forthcoming album is likely to be seen as a significant career milestone, heralding a new relationship with a label team and the consequent need to build up A & R and promotional strategy.

I think it's at least possible that two considerations may have gone into the relative reluctance to give away many clues. One is that Carrie seems to have said rather more in advance of "Storyteller" - but may have felt that what she did say was misinterpreted. On the one hand, some people expected more changes than actually materialized, while on the other hand, some people seem to have exaggerated the changes and regarded the album as uncharacteristic. In fact i believe the album succeeded in being very "Carrie", in giving the listener stylistic variety (which she has always been interested in emphasizing), and following her own carefully wrought path of combining Nashville tradition with personal innovation. (Carly Pearce, in an interview quoted in another thread, seemed to hit the nail on the head by emphasizing Carrie's position in that succession of leading female Mainstream singers - something I've always believed she's shown, while combining it with her own individuality).
    In point of fact, I do believe the changes Carrie did make in "Storyteller" were significant, and answered some of the reservations that critics had had about her stylistically - but this, i feel did not get full recognition. At the same time, the album seems to have led to a degree of unease among some fans. This time, Carrie may feel it's better to say little in advance, and let the new music speak for itself.

The second consideration, I feel, is likely to be UMG's desire to start with a bang, in the case of the first album by their leading female signing - probably suggesting that anticipation and eagerness are likely to have more impact than piecemeal release of snippets of information. As a personal observation, I've certainly had reservations about much of UMG's stylistic emphasis in chart material - for example, I was no fan of "The Fighter" - but that is beside the point. It's not about me - it's about Carrie, and I have confidence that, whatever the style of the first single, Cindy Mabe will do her best to give Carrie maximum impetus. Few know the business as well, and she's certainly "ruled" the recent scene with her male artists. (For radio, female artists have proven more problematic - with Carrie the consistent exception. I'm sure Cindy has every expectation of that continuing - though we should always bear in mind that the previous radio promotional links have been severed, and have to be reconstructed with a new team, with new individual contacts)

Carrie and Cindy Mabe are no strangers to each other - the latter was a senior A & R figure at Sony when Carrie became prominent. And i would draw a possible analogy with "Some Hearts". I wasn't here then - but i should imagine that there were few advance clues about those early singles - the first three of which must have come as a surprise to many chart watchers. In several senses, they were a clear signal of something new in the contemporary Mainstream. Starting with two religiously themed songs was an unexpected development for a debutante artist. The second was more "traditional" than most might have expected from a new Mainstream artist. And the third (and arguably Carrie's best known trademark song) was a musically unusual Nashville song that incorporated Muscle Shoals influence in the slow build up of its underlying menace. Only in the fourth, "Wasted", did Carrie probably come closer to what many of the early adopters may have expected, in terms of the power vocal emphasis, with stylistic homage paid to earlier contemporary "divas".

In those songs, Carrie probably said what she wanted to say, without too much advance warning. And the impact speaks for itself. This is the beginning of a new career chapter - if we expect the unexpected, we can certainly hang on for an exciting ride!

Concert Stars
    I'm so glad you're here, Faraway!

Carrie Follower
    I google Carrie on the daily. I’m ready to see news related to her music, instead of false reports regarding her personal life *sigh*

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    While I know we are all in a hurry to get new music, me included, I am at least satisfied that we know she is/has been in the recording studio. We know Carrie isn't typically the kind of artist to record a lot of songs that don't make the album, so hopefully this means she is nearing the end of the process. I'm ok with things being kept secret for now and not much information leaking like we have been accustomed to in the past with songs/writers. I would say we only have a few more months (3-4 max) before we hear something from Carrie and her team. I actually think we'll hear something about the lead single at least by the ACMs. I'm hoping that when they do announce the lead single, they do it with a bang and release the album name/cover art/release date, single, video, and tour information all at once.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Obsessed Carrie Fan carriefan14's Avatar
    Carrie recently liked a tweet from Mary J Blige, posing on the cover of NYMag. Random? She only likes tweets related to her or Mike, or the Preds. Could she have collaborated with her?

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    I'm so glad you're here, Faraway!
    Ditto that!!!!!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    While I know we are all in a hurry to get new music, me included, I am at least satisfied that we know she is/has been in the recording studio. We know Carrie isn't typically the kind of artist to record a lot of songs that don't make the album, so hopefully this means she is nearing the end of the process. I'm ok with things being kept secret for now and not much information leaking like we have been accustomed to in the past with songs/writers. I would say we only have a few more months (3-4 max) before we hear something from Carrie and her team. I actually think we'll hear something about the lead single at least by the ACMs. I'm hoping that when they do announce the lead single, they do it with a bang and release the album name/cover art/release date, single, video, and tour information all at once.
    How do you know how much time is left before we hear something from her?Is that speculation or is it information that you know about?I don’t think any of us have any idea of how far she is in the recording process or when we’ll actually hear something.I just don’t personally see Carrie releasing the info about the album name,cover art & the release date all at once.I would think that would be information that Carrie & her label would want to release bits at a time & build up the anticipation for the album that way.I personally think the same goes for releasing information about touring as well.I would think that info would come along after the album has been released & it’s been out there for a little bit.Just my opinion.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    Carrie recently liked a tweet from Mary J Blige, posing on the cover of NYMag. Random? She only likes tweets related to her or Mike, or the Preds. Could she have collaborated with her?
    She could’ve,but unless it’s something that we knew about & she publicized like she did with “The Champion”,I don’t see that happening.I think if that Carrie had collaborated with Mary J Blige,it would’ve been something that her label would’ve put out a press release about.Otherwise,I personally would never see Carrie collaborating with Mary.Of course,Carrie collaborated with Ludacris for TC,and I never thought that would happen in a million years!!You never know with Carrie what surprises she has up her sleeves!!

Carrie Follower
    How do you know how much time is left before we hear something from her?Is that speculation or is it information that you know about?I don’t think any of us have any idea of how far she is in the recording process or when we’ll actually hear something.I just don’t personally see Carrie releasing the info about the album name,cover art & the release date all at once.I would think that would be information that Carrie & her label would want to release bits at a time & build up the anticipation for the album that way.I personally think the same goes for releasing information about touring as well.I would think that info would come along after the album has been released & it’s been out there for a little bit.Just my opinion.

Everything is just speculation!!! When something is official, you will know. I don’t think it’s necessary to rebuttal everyone comment/opinion. We are all speculating based on how things have been done in the past.
    txacar, Suellen, sd20 and 2 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    She could’ve,but unless it’s something that we knew about & she publicized like she did with “The Champion”,I don’t see that happening.I think if that Carrie had collaborated with Mary J Blige,it would’ve been something that her label would’ve put out a press release about.Otherwise,I personally would never see Carrie collaborating with Mary.Of course,Carrie collaborated with Ludacris for TC,and I never thought that would happen in a million years!!You never know with Carrie what surprises she has up her sleeves!!
    Why would the label say anything about a collaboration if we know nothing about the album? Honestly, you really need to just let people speculate. We would welcome you to do it too. A collab with Mary J. Blige is just another piece to throw into the speculation pile. No one has any details. Please try to not ask for details with every post. There are none at this time.
    txacar, sd20, rainbow1 and 2 others like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Why would the label say anything about a collaboration if we know nothing about the album? Honestly, you really need to just let people speculate. We would welcome you to do it too. A collab with Mary J. Blige is just another piece to throw into the speculation pile. No one has any details. Please try to not ask for details with every post. There are none at this time.
    Suellen, txacar, sd20 and 3 others like this.

Lol I love this site!! Its so crazy sometimes! Haha!!
    liz278, txacar, Smokyiiis and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by carriefan14 View Post
    Nothing I would like better, but I suspect it's just Carrie's love of fashion (and this is a spectacular pic of MJB). Carrie follows her on twitter and they've known each other for years through Grammys, etc. Both are in the 2018 group voted to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Can't wait for that to happen!!
    Kizmet311, Suellen, ethelu and 3 others like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I think you have been told more than once that we all like to speculate and none of us has any actual information about Carrie's new album process. It really isn't necessary to ask everyone for clarification and details every time they share speculative thoughts. It comes across as accusatory, which kind of takes away from the fun on this forum. Feel free to share your own thoughts about what the process might be, but maybe you could stop asking everyone "how do you know" about anything. We don't know, we're just thinking out loud on this site while we twiddle our thumbs and wait for news from Carrie.
    sd20, liz278, MSCarriefan and 8 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I agree with your time table. I think we'll know about a single by ACM time, and hopefully they tell us album and tour bundling information too.
    ethelu, txacar, oldyfan and 5 others like this.

•