Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree2773Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood 6 - New Album Era

Mind you we still have no announcement (if at all) about the Tour DVD...I really hope that is released :/

Concert Stars
    ^^That would have been released under her prior label if we were gonna get it, IMO
    rainbow1 and DizzyDollyDee like this.

Concert Stars
    I don't understand why Sony didn't release a tour DVD. It would have made so much money for them. (Unless Carrie and Sony couldn't come to terms on $). But it would have made $ for everyone. Just sad, because that was one of the best tours ever :-(
    rainbow1, Suellen, ethelu and 3 others like this.

A lil city in the middle of a lil island in the middle of a lil country in the middle of the sea
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    This just depressing.Its been 10 months since her touring ended and we still have zero prospects for new music( the SB song doesn't count as it's just a football lead in jingle basically).:-(
    True.. we have an idea what type of songs she is looking for though... Maybe she's just starting to write or haven't found that one song that will inspire the whole album like what BA and CCA did... speaking of which that was another disappointment of ST era as well as lack of promo for DL, but by that time Carrie might have already decided tonpart ways with Sony...

(sigh).. the videos that could have been I still have images of what HB, CB and DL would have looked like.. I agree with Tee, they lowered the budget for the videos.. and they didn't even bother to create one for Chaser... Hope she has better videos with UMG.. the same or better than her videos during BA era...
    rainbow1, Suellen and ethelu like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    This just depressing.Its been 10 months since her touring ended and we still have zero prospects for new music( the SB song doesn't count as it's just a football lead in jingle basically).:-(
    I know, it is totally depressing, but I just want Carrie to put out her best album to date. One that is a commercial success as well as being critically acclaimed, and have the album broaden her fan base worldwide.
    teesharky and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower carriethequeen's Avatar
    I agree it is depressing. I keep waiting to hear she has been in the studio RECORDING - we keep hearing "writing" which tells me she is still in the early stages of an album :( also I think The Champion will be more than a jingle, it sounds more like a proper song than say the 90-second Oh Sunday Night song. At least it sounds like a full song to me based off the Variety article.
    rainbow1, ethelu, lolita55 and 2 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Maybe she, and Cindy, want it to be a totally big surprise and event! So any little hints in interviews are a no-no right now!
    I'm trying to be optimistic !!

I don't think she just randomly followed Lori McKenna and Liz Rose -- it was too long after CMT awards. I still believe they were writing together (along with Hillary, probably). If it's anything like LINLYA, I can't wait to hear it. Please, let it be!!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I have so much going on in my life right now that even though I always want new Carrie music, thankfully my mind has been on other things. I am actually really excited about Carly Pearce's new album and Kelly Clarkson's, so I plan on those kind of holding me over for a while.

I hope Carrie is doing whatever she needs to do in her creative cycle to come up with the best album yet. BA and ST were amazing progressions in her artistry so I'm really excited about the new era and hopefully the fresh energy she will have in working with Cindy and UMG.
    txacar, lolita55, rainbow1 and 4 others like this.
    "Thank you for that ‘Captain Obvious’ sense of humor because you know what, we not only hit the high notes, you forgot to mention we generally hit the ‘right’ notes as well."
    -Kelly Clarkson to Scott Borchetta about American Idol artists
    Thanks so much Danielle!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCarriefan View Post
    Carrie was interviewed tonight on ENews about life, music, and Calia. They tried to get her to talk music. She only said that she is writing and just trying to be creative. She is focusing on being creative about Calia and music so basically she is still saying what she said months ago.
    Ugh frustrating. haha I was hoping she would throw us a bone. lol
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I don't understand why Sony didn't release a tour DVD. It would have made so much money for them. (Unless Carrie and Sony couldn't come to terms on $). But it would have made $ for everyone. Just sad, because that was one of the best tours ever :-(
    Yeah it just hasn't been our year in Carrie Land. haha All this torture in waiting and not even a DVD. Praying 2018 us better for us.

This year kind of blew for us fans. (sad)
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriethequeen View Post
    I agree it is depressing. I keep waiting to hear she has been in the studio RECORDING - we keep hearing "writing" which tells me she is still in the early stages of an album also I think The Champion will be more than a jingle, it sounds more like a proper song than say the 90-second Oh Sunday Night song. At least it sounds like a full song to me based off the Variety article.
    agree there is no way The Champion would be some 90 second jingle. The SNF guy mentioned in that article that it is a song that people might be singing for the next 20 years or something like that-- as a major Sports anthem. So I don't see it as specific to just football either but something that can be used in the Olympics.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmet311 View Post
    I have so much going on in my life right now that even though I always want new Carrie music, thankfully my mind has been on other things. I am actually really excited about Carly Pearce's new album and Kelly Clarkson's, so I plan on those kind of holding me over for a while.

I hope Carrie is doing whatever she needs to do in her creative cycle to come up with the best album yet. BA and ST were amazing progressions in her artistry so I'm really excited about the new era and hopefully the fresh energy she will have in working with Cindy and UMG.
    Even though I want new music from Carrie,I have enough in my life to keep me busy until she does release something new that I probably won't be bored in this downtime between albums.Like I've said many times on here,I live in a family full of creative people so a lot of ideas are always floating around at any given time.It drives me crazy sometimes,but sometimes they do come up with great ideas,so I can't stifle them because they may have a great idea that might help me out later on down the road.My sister and her husband are singer & songwriters in a sense & my dad asked them why they haven't done any new music lately.They said that they just haven't been inspired to write lately so they haven't written anything.This is purely guessing on my part,but I'm guessing Carrie writes the most when the inspiration strikes her & that's when she probably writes more than any other time.You can't rush the creative cycle when it comes to Carrie writing & recording songs &I'm sure that she's trying to figure what she wants the songs to feel like,sounds like & how she wants the album to sound & it takes time & creativity to make sure that there's a cohesive sound & theme running through the songs to get it to the point where the ideas starts to gel & she wants to start recording those songs.When the whole creative process comes together for her,she will know it & it will come together at the right time when she feels it's at the point that she wants to release new music & its at the point that she feels that it sounds the way she wants it to sound.I hate saying this,but us fans will somehow have to be patient until we get word of new music & co writes from Carrie herself!!
    lolita55 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Liz Rose!? Now there's a name from the past....... Based on her undeniable ability to craft and enhance a song (wink!) I love the sound of this!!
    lolita55, ethelu and Carrieslegs84 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Liz Rose!? Now there's a name from the past....... Based on her undeniable ability to craft and enhance a song (wink!) I love the sound of this!!
    She is one of the "Love Junkies," along with Lori McKenna and Hillary Lindsey. They co-wrote LINLYA and (not sure if you saw it) sang backup when Carrie performed it at CMT AOTY last year. I agree, she is a great writer.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by txacar View Post
    She is one of the "Love Junkies," along with Lori McKenna and Hillary Lindsey. They co-wrote LINLYA and (not sure if you saw it) sang backup when Carrie performed it at CMT AOTY last year. I agree, she is a great writer.
    Wow, I did not realize that. Great!! I have always appreciated her work with Taylor. Though Taylor got the credit I could not help thinking that Liz must have been adding something substantial to the mix.
    txacar likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Yay!

https://fashionweekdaily.com/carrie-...hleisure-line/

What’s new on the music front?
    I’ve been writing a lot, which has been really nice being in that creative space again. There’s no dates stamped on anything because I hate starting projects and you’re rushing to finish to meet a date but I’ve been doing that and it’s been good!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1995 View Post
    I guess I just don't understand what messed up means then. She got her first EOTY nomination at the CMAs ever, and her first award from them in like 8 years. Her tour was massive, her songs were hits, the album was among the best selling country releases at the time. What more are you looking for? If it's more sales, chances are you're going to be waiting for that, since they suck everywhere. I don't think the singles were bad by any means, the only thing I would have done is add in CCA. I guess I just don't see the mess.

I realize the tour was great, but I thought by now it'd be even bigger. The videos/singles were the main things that I found were messed up, but that is imo. I appreciated SB as a more country sounding single, but it didn't sound like her, and I won't go on about the other songs although CB was the best single. But, yes
    the other major thing I meant was sales/streams/chart positions. I just imagined beforehand the era being big like she used to be (or even bigger) and I ended up disappointed, but I'm glad she is able to accomplish all that she did and I will accept it. As for awards, I actually don't care as much as you guys do specially since Carrie doesn't win as I think she should. But, I do realize it's important for the recognition.

Edit: Also, I know she's charted well enough on country charts, but I was looking at her as if she were a pop artist who'd chart way better. Will it ever be possible she gets another BB No.1 or am I just dreaming?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisaJessie View Post
    This is even more depressing.She hasn't even begun the project of CD 6? Ugh

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Insane Carrie Fan
    This is even more depressing.She hasn't even begun the project of CD 6? Ugh

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
    At least she's writing "a lot".

But it definitely looks like it'll be a while.

•  
    Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast